Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default My dealer experience this morning

So I visit my local Can Am dealer this morning with every intent to make a purchase. Upon entering I make no bones about what I am looking for - 2014 Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White. It so happens they have one in stock and take me to their back warehouse where it is just sitting. I said I would like to sit down and make an offer. He immediately tells me I can ride it home today for $26500 plus TTL . I make him an honest offer of $23500 not to include TTL and show him other prices I have gotten from other places...just not the color I wanted. Of course they ask would I write a check today if they accept my offer of which I answer yes. So after waiting 20 minutes he comes in whining and crying that the best they can do is $24700 before TTL. He says that the offers (one of which is listed on eBay) must have hidden fees as this unit costs everyone $24300 and they were not in the business of losing money. I promptly thanked him for his time and walked as quickly as I could to my vehicle and left.

Was this not a fair price I offered?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find a 2014 Limited for a decent and fair price?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gparr View Post
    So I visit my local Can Am dealer this morning with every intent to make a purchase. Upon entering I make no bones about what I am looking for - 2014 Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White. It so happens they have one in stock and take me to their back warehouse where it is just sitting. I said I would like to sit down and make an offer. He immediately tells me I can ride it home today for $26500 plus TTL . I make him an honest offer of $23500 not to include TTL and show him other prices I have gotten from other places...just not the color I wanted. Of course they ask would I write a check today if they accept my offer of which I answer yes. So after waiting 20 minutes he comes in whining and crying that the best they can do is $24700 before TTL. He says that the offers (one of which is listed on eBay) must have hidden fees as this unit costs everyone $24300 and they were not in the business of losing money. I promptly thanked him for his time and walked as quickly as I could to my vehicle and left.

Was this not a fair price I offered?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find a 2014 Limited for a decent and fair price?

Thanks!
    where are you located??
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

not sure about what you offered is enough for the bike, but the 15's are coming out and you might get a call from him if you gave your number, with another counter offer
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    where are you located??
    BIG F
    Sorry I though it was listed under my name - Yorktown, VA.

Going to to try and that added.

Spyder Garage

Location would be helpful for sure. There have been many "lowball" prices posted of late for different parts of the country concerning the 2014 RTL. You are in the ball park for sure.

TTL: (does this mean title, tax, license?) Just curious there. Title and License should do not go to the dealer. Anyone charging a couple hundred or so for title paperwork, is just padding the price--IMO. All they have to do is put the program on and fill in the blanks.

I see you added Yorktown VA. People from your area will most likely chime in.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    not sure about what you offered is enough for the bike, but the 15's are coming out and you might get a call from him if you gave your number, with another counter offer
    To be honest Cuz my offer was more than what Louis has on ebay.

I am fine if he calls - he has my info. I am also fine to find one somewhere else and have it shipped.

Spyder Garage

Default One left, I bought the cognac color.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcd/4839165165.html
    CAN-AM 2014 SPYDER RT LIMITED SE6 LIST $30499 SALE NOW $23999 PLUS RECEIVE A 4 YEAR WARRANTY

Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Default the bottom line?

Your dealer may be correct about hidden charges. Ask the online dealers for an out-the-door price IN WRITING.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

I am not sure if they have any left but I bought my 2014 RT Limited from Louis PowerSports in Greenville Texas for 23,499. The entire sale was coordinated over the phone and the paperwork was sent through the mail to/from the bank/dealership. They also assisted with coordinating the shipping of the vehicle to my driveway. A great hassle-free experience; ask for Dave (Phone: 903-454-4440).
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcd/4839165165.html
    CAN-AM 2014 SPYDER RT LIMITED SE6 LIST $30499 SALE NOW $23999 PLUS RECEIVE A 4 YEAR WARRANTY

Thanks!!! This is what I have found out what SL is all about!!! I have sent an email!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Location would be helpful for sure. There have been many "lowball" prices posted of late for different parts of the country concerning the 2014 RTL. You are in the ball park for sure.

TTL: (does this mean title, tax, license?) Just curious there. Title and License should do not go to the dealer. Anyone charging a couple hundred or so for title paperwork, is just padding the price--IMO. All they have to do is put the program on and fill in the blanks.

I see you added Yorktown VA. People from your area will most likely chime in.
    You are correct Tax, Title and Licensing. They tried the old $299.00 doc fees on top of which I told him he could figure anything into the equation as long as it can out to $23,500.00

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Rider View Post
    I am not sure if they have any left but I bought my 2014 RT Limited from Louis PowerSports in Greenville Texas for 23,499. The entire sale was coordinated over the phone and the paperwork was sent through the mail to/from the bank/dealership. They also assisted with coordinating the shipping of the vehicle to my driveway. A great hassle-free experience; ask for Dave (Phone: 903-454-4440).
    Phone call made and waiting for him to check his inventory. I hope you don't mind but he asked for your username here...and I did give it to him. He was very pleased with the word of mouth advertising!

Spyder Garage

One detail I did not see mentioned was the gearbox, which one? SM6 or SE6. Maybe the RTL is SE6 only, not sure. The SE option is pretty expensive, around 1400 or so I believe.

I don't know exact deal cost on that model, but when we bought our 14 RTs SE6 last January I did know those numbers.

I want to say the price you offered may be below what the dealer paid. Not 100% for certain, but maybe.

Smart dealers may be taking a small loss, but hope to sell you other items to balance out AND remove the unit from their old inventory.

All the best, the White is a nice color.

PK
    Last edited by PMK; 02-16-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

As an old friend of mine used to say, "give me a call when your boss can accept my offer!"
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Phone call made and waiting for him to check his inventory. I hope you don't mind but he asked for your username here...and I did give it to him. He was very pleased with the word of mouth advertising!
    No worries, I don't mind that you gave him my user name. I sure hope he has a bike for you in his inventory.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

To answer your initial question, I'll ask a question. Do YOU feel it was a reasonable offer? If you do, then stay with it. What is one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    One detail I did not see mentioned was the gearbox, which one? SM6 or SE6. Maybe the RTL is SE6 only, not sure. The SE option is pretty expensive, around 1400 or so I believe.

I don't know exact deal cost on that model, but when we bought our 14 RTs SE6 last January I did know those numbers.

I want to say the price you offered may be below what the dealer paid. Not 100% for certain, but maybe.

Smart dealers may be taking a small loss, but hope to sell you other items to balance out AND remove the unit from their old inventory.

All the best, the White is a nice color.

PK

Limited models of the RT only come with a SE6

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Local dealer salesman told me the other day that there is an unadvertised $2000 rebate to the dealer on 2014 RTs. That's probably for the Ltd with the S and base being less. I was looking at and casually talking about a Cognac 2014 Ltd. It's not on the BRP web site for us to see. So who knows what the margin really is for a dealer selling the Ltd at $23,499? I'm sure it's at least a grand. Shipping is a cost to the dealer. It's just a matter of how they cover it in the deal, but they do pay it. Very seldom, if ever, does a factory ship a product without charging the buyer. We shouldn't forget they also have flooring charges to pay. The bare invoice price is not the real price the dealer pays since shipping and flooring add, and hidden rebates subtract. Some of those hidden rebates are based on annual volume of machines sold, and the mix of those machines. If dealers want to stay dealers, you can bet your rear they will never let the customers know what those rebates really are.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I dealt with the same stuff in Ohio, three dealer all asking full retail price to the penny. Not one cent was offered in discounts or lowering in price. I saw an ad for these guys with much better prices in a printed ad. I'd give them a call. They will pick you up at the airport. They had prices $3-5K lower than every dealer in Ohio. http://www.holzhauerpromotorsports.com/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Showie View Post
    As an old friend of mine used to say, "give me a call when your boss can accept my offer!"

Funny thing...I just got an email from him saying he was gonna chew on his boss's ear tonight not to lose the sale....I doubt that will come through...but we shall see.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Local dealer salesman told me the other day that there is an unadvertised $2000 rebate to the dealer on 2014 RTs. That's probably for the Ltd with the S and base being less. I was looking at and casually talking about a Cognac 2014 Ltd. It's not on the BRP web site for us to see. So who knows what the margin really is for a dealer selling the Ltd at $23,499? I'm sure it's at least a grand. Shipping is a cost to the dealer. It's just a matter of how they cover it in the deal, but they do pay it. Very seldom, if ever, does a factory ship a product without charging the buyer. We shouldn't forget they also have flooring charges to pay. The bare invoice price is not the real price the dealer pays since shipping and flooring add, and hidden rebates subtract. Some of those hidden rebates are based on annual volume of machines sold, and the mix of those machines. If dealers want to stay dealers, you can bet your rear they will never let the customers know what those rebates really are.
    Yes...I have found this rebate on MANY dealer websites. Hence my offer was where is was.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    To answer your initial question, I'll ask a question. Do YOU feel it was a reasonable offer? If you do, then stay with it. What is one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Chris
    Yes sir...I fully agree!!! I do feel like it is an honest good faith offer...from all the reading and research I have done.

Spyder Garage

Dave called back to inform me that he only had one black left and would not be getting anymore in. Since black is not on the spouse approval list I unfortunately had to pass.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's_Spyder View Post
    I dealt with the same stuff in Ohio, three dealer all asking full retail price to the penny. Not one cent was offered in discounts or lowering in price. I saw an ad for these guys with much better prices in a printed ad. I'd give them a call. They will pick you up at the airport. They had prices $3-5K lower than every dealer in Ohio. http://www.holzhauerpromotorsports.com/
    This where I got mine in May, ask for Trevor , tell Him I sent you......No Shipping fee , No Set-up fee, No BS and the lowest price in the USA..Mike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YOU ARE NOT CORRECT

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Dealers DO NOT PAY BRP for shipping.........( or for set-up either ).....if the dealer charged you, I'm sorry but you got ripped off....................The only reason I'm mentioning this is Spyderlovers need accurate information to be well armed when buying their Spyder ....JMHO......Mike ... and if you think I'm making this up, ask your or any dealer to show you where they PAID BRP for shipping.
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-16-2015 at 08:09 PM.