Spyder Garage

Default Got the Voodoo exhaust, now what?

I was super excited to get my new exhaust for my 2008 GS then I started riding it more. All was well and LOUD then she seemed to stop liking the new air flow. Dealer said I may need to look into getting a juice box or power comander. She seems to be running lean but it might also be trying to get use to the new mod. I don't know, that's why I'm here! Does anyone else have the voodoo exhuast?

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

some exhaust pipes do need a fuel controler. I do not have the voodoo so can't say. Had a hindle and now the Yoshimura77 niether needing controlers. There are some Two Brothers that do. You could see if the computer does adjust enough but if not you will have to install one...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Have you reset the computer?

Sometimes it pays to reset the ECU (or whatever BRP calls the engine control computer) when you change things like exhausts &/or air filter systems... easy enough to do, just disconnect the battery for a few minutes, reconnect, then start the engine & let it idle for 10-15 mins while the computer does its reset thing before taking the Spyder for a ride.... might make a difference, might still need a juice box or other fuel controller, but it's probably worth a try!

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I had my 2010 RS I did just a pipe and she ran good.I then installed a hi-flow air cleaner and I thought she might be running lean so I added the Juice box.If you did just a pipe I would not worry just dis connect the battery like above post said and you should be fine

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks guys!

Yesterday I wanted to cover all my bases so I pulled panels for the first time!! Eek!! I checked my air filter, over all looked good. Pulled a spark plug to know what they look like as far as color on them. I also unplugged the negative from the the bike for a good 5 minutes. I put all the panels back on and turned her around. Think I shoud disconnect the battery again and let her run for the 10-15 minutes or think I would be ok just starting her up now for the 10-15 minutes? I plan on upgrading the air intake later and know some kind of fuel management system will be needed but I have a road trip coming up and would like her running 100%, the boyfriend and I are bike tripping it from Eugene OR to Salt Lake City and back! Thanks all

Spyder Garage

Default Ecu

If re- setting the ecu doesn't do it, just put your stock pipe back on for your trip. Deal with it when u get back. I recall the voodoo pipe being very loud, that equals low back pressure. It could be that the back pressure is not within the range that the ecu can tolerate. Some pipes are just TOO free flowing. It wouldn't hurt to un hook the battery again for 30 min. And see what happens
    Last edited by coz; 02-15-2015 at 12:18 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Yeah I thought about putting the OEM back on but getting the pipes were part of the trip :-/ I've been hit by a car on a different bike and loud pipes are my safety blanket. Ugh.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got a Juice Box you can borrow to check it out (if you have time before your trip). It was on a 2008 for a short period of time. See PM.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Well!!!! I have the juicebox installed now. Fyi it's a pain in the ass!!! Tiny hands are a must! I also ordered the speakeasies for it so I won't go deaf even when I do wear ear plugs. Haha I also want to do a better intake after the trip. But for now I need to make friends with the juicebox! If anyone knows the best settings for such a free flow exhaust feel free to send them on over!
    Thanks everyone.

Spyder Garage

Hey, I also ordered a Voodoo exhaust and a juice box. I was wondering if anyone has any recommended setting or maps? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongBeard View Post
    Hey, I also ordered a Voodoo exhaust and a juice box. I was wondering if anyone has any recommended setting or maps? Thanks

The post you answered goes back to 2015. Have not seen REX on the site for a long time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I...All was well and LOUD ... Does anyone else have the voodoo exhuast?
    No, I have too much respect for other people who have to listen to my exhaust.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 07-01-2023 at 01:20 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    ... pipes are my safety blanket. Ugh.
    That is total B.S......
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    That is total B.S......
    Unfortunately, Rex has not been on the site since Feb of 2015.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Unfortunately, Rex has not been on the site since Feb of 2015.
    I would say this one qualifies as a 'Resurrection'!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Well if anyone hears or finds anything on a good map or good settings for the voodoo please let me know. The only map I can find are on Dynojet and for a 2009 RS (mine is a 2008 gs sm5). For some reason the site isn't working for either of my browsers. Just gives me this spinning icon in the middle of my screen and won't let me click on anything. Hopefully when I get the pipe and fuel controller I will be able to adjust it manually with no problems.
    Last edited by LongBeard; 07-01-2023 at 09:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongBeard View Post
    Well if anyone hears or finds anything on a good map or good settings for the voodoo please let me know. The only map I can find are on Dynojet and for a 2009 RS (mine is a 2008 gs sm5). For some reason the site isn't working for either of my browsers. Just gives me this spinning icon in the middle of my screen and won't let me click on anything. Hopefully when I get the pipe and fuel controller I will be able to adjust it manually with no problems.
    Try opening your own NEW post on the subject, this was a old post and most people will not read old post to reply to you!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl