Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default route planning

Early in May I will send out a potential route for the June ride. If anyone has a favorite road PM me and I will collect ideas and come up with a route.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    As a thought, what about using leavenworth as a base similar to how the previous heart of washington was done in chelan, seems like it would be central, but we are open to all suggestions. Some of our spokane group are interested in this option.
    Keep us posted. 13/14 June sounds good here so far. Would love to meet some Washington riders.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Cool HOW Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Gator37 View Post
    Keep us posted. 13/14 June sounds good here so far. Would love to meet some Washington riders.
    The Spokan am Spyder club has a group riding to Leavenworth June 12th - 14th, so will be in Leavenworth during that period, we have not devised any rides based out of there on Saturday so will watch for ideas.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default tentative plan for ride

I have taken a look at options and have come up with the following tentative plan.

Meet in Leavenworth mid morning on June 13. Leave Leavenworth about 10 AM and ride to Winthrop (approx 130 miles) for a late lunch, from there it is about 100 miles to Grand Coulee for the night. The Laser Light show should be running so that could provide a portion of the evening entertainment. On Sunday the route would be Grand Coulee to Soap Lake, to Warden to the Wanapum Dam area, to Quincy, then back to Leavenworth (about 235 to 240 miles). Both days would have plenty of nice riding. On day two there are good exit points for folks needing to head home directly from the ride route instead of heading back to Leavenworth. I have talked to a hotel in Grand Coulee about availability and a potential group rate for the evening of June 13. If folks are interested in this plan let me know via PM so I can give the hotel some idea about numbers. Thanks. Nick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default June 13/14 ride a go

To all. Anyone interested in going on this ride as outlined in an earlier post (Leavenworth to Winthrop to Omak then Grand Coulee and working our way back to Leavenworth via Soap Lake, Warden, Wanapum, Quincy and Wenatchee. Pretty much all two lane, 475 miles or so over two days. Leave Leavenworth on Saturday at 10 AM) might want to make a reservation at the Columbia River Inn in Grand Coulee for the 13th of June. As of now plenty of rooms, $99 for a queen, $107.10 for two queens with AARP of AAA. Phone number is 800-633-6421. As of now several folks have expressed interest in participating so I am calling it a go. Nick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Grand Coulee accomodations

Just made my reservation for June 13, at this point there are still plenty of rooms at the hotel referenced earlier in this thread. Looking forward to seeing those who decide to make the trip. Nick

Spyder Garage

Thanks for update got it mark in calendar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default spokane ride to Leavenworth

Hey gang, Did the Spokane group heading to Leavenworth want to figure out a way to combine our rides/routes for your mid June ride?

Spyder Garage

Default Leavenworth

Quote Originally Posted by desertryder View Post
    Hey gang, Did the Spokane group heading to Leavenworth want to figure out a way to combine our rides/routes for your mid June ride?
    At this point we are riding to Leavenworth Friday the 12th and Spend the 13th there, and heading back sunday the 14th. At most there could be interest in riding to Winthrop for lunch and a little time there, but we have 2 nights reservations in Leavenworth so would come back. At this point I really can't answer the question.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default rides

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    At this point we are riding to Leavenworth Friday the 12th and Spend the 13th there, and heading back sunday the 14th. At most there could be interest in riding to Winthrop for lunch and a little time there, but we have 2 nights reservations in Leavenworth so would come back. At this point I really can't answer the question.

heading north together was what I had in mind, as your plans evolve lets think about doing that. I don't have a good idea how many really plan to show up so it might work out well

Spyder Garage

Default Update for joining up

I will have to say NO (reluctantly) to connecting in Leavenworth. Conflict weekend. that is the ONLY weekend I can get my Spyder to be totally serviced and readied for the North to Alaska departure on 6/29. And sooooo thinkin' that is a wise choice I scheduled work to be completed: Oil change; new tires; belt check; and the list goes on.
    Have a great time (duh like that is not a given...bunch of Spyder ryders in gorgeous ryding country is a guarantee for FUN FUN FUN)...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Ride still on?

I just got back from Reno so missed a week, is the ride still on. Where are we meeting up on Saturday. Is the a ride host and if so is there a number we can call to get more information?

Thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ride

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I just got back from Reno so missed a week, is the ride still on. Where are we meeting up on Saturday. Is the a ride host and if so is there a number we can call to get more information?

Thanks
    Earlier in the post is a proposed ride route, with an overnight at Grand Coulee. I don't have a solid number for participants; several folks have said they had it on their calendar or were working on getting a group together. We are planning on going, with or without folks to ride along. It may be that the group from Spokane who is headed over to Leavenworth for the weekend may ride up towards Winthrop with us on Saturday but it is my understanding that they plan to get back to Leavenworth Saturday night. I was hoping to depart Leavenworth at 10 AM. PM me and we can set up a time to talk. Thanks. Nick

Spyder Garage

Where will be meeting on Saturday Morning?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default meeting place

[QUOTE=bluestratos;983674]Where will be meeting on Saturday Morning?[/QU
    Lets meet in the Safeway parking lot on the east side of town, there is a gas station there for folks to fuel up and a place to grab coffee inside Safeway. Meeting time is 10 AM.

Spyder Garage

Great, Thanks [QUOTE=desertryder;984122]
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Where will be meeting on Saturday Morning?[/QU
    Lets meet in the Safeway parking lot on the east side of town, there is a gas station there for folks to fuel up and a place to grab coffee inside Safeway. Meeting time is 10 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default update

Just a few more specifics on the ride:

Leave from the Leavenworth Safeway parking lot at 10 AM on Saturday June 13, 2015

The route outlined provides rivers, mountains, lakes, coulees, desert, and a nice variety of
    two lane roads. There are plenty of opportunities for checking out road side attractions
    along the way as well.

Leavenworth to Wenatchee via Rt 2 20 miles
    Wenatchee to Chelan via ALT 97 39 miles
    Chelan to Pateros via ALT 97 and 97 21 miles
    Pateros to Twisp via Rt 153 34 miles
    Twisp to Winthrop via Hwy 20 9 miles
    Lunch in Winthrop
    Winthrop to Omak via Hwy 20 46 miles
    Omak to Coulee Dam via Rt 155 55 miles
    Total miles for the day 224.
    Lodging at Columbia River Inn, 10 Lincoln Ave, Coulee Dam, Wa 800-633-6421
    Laser Light show at Grand Coulee Dam
    Sunday AM departure, about 9 AM
    Coulee Dam to Dry Falls Jct via Rt 155 and Rt 2 29 miles
    Dry Falls Jct to Soap Lake via Rt 17 23 miles

There are a couple of options for returning to Leavenworth, so depending on who is riding and where
    they plan to end up Sunday evening the return route has some flexibility. From Soap Lake to Leavenworth via
    Wenatchee on Rt 28 and Hwy 2 is 76 miles, making a total of 128 from Coulee Dam to Leavenworth. The original
    route, which is still a possibility if folks are interested, is about an additional 100 miles back to Leavenworth.

At this point several folks have indicated they hope to participate and the folks from Spokane that are headed over to Leavenworth
    that weekend are considering joining us for the ride up to Winthrop. So.... I don't really know how many will make the ride but we
    look forward to meeting whoever is up for the trip at 10 AM in Leavenworth! Feel free to
    PM me if you want to confirm that you are joining us, or if you need ideas for Leavenworth lodging, etc. Nick

Spyder Garage

Sorry but I'm committed the 13th, but am interested in other rides. Keep me in the loop.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default weather looks good

The weather looks good for the ride this weekend. There were two rooms left at the hotel referenced earlier in this thread as of 4pm yesterday. See you at Leavenworth Safeway at 10 am Saturday!

Spyder Garage

Default Leavenworth

Quote Originally Posted by desertryder View Post
    The weather looks good for the ride this weekend. There were two rooms left at the hotel referenced earlier in this thread as of 4pm yesterday. See you at Leavenworth Safeway at 10 am Saturday!
    It was good to meet you desertryder during our stay in leavenworth, didn't seem like the ones who said they were going made it unless you met up somewhere else after you left safeway. Anyway we thoroughly enjoyed our time in your wonderful town.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,

Spyder Garage

Default Leavenworth

Wish could have made it but wouldn't ya know, the U of W chose that weekend for our Grandson to graduate. Was a beautiful weekend all across the state. Maybe next time.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ride

Thanks for the posts; we were kind of surprised that no one showed up for the ride Saturday but we went anyway and had a great time. I understand its a busy time of year for everybody. For those who want to check out the Grand Coulee light show the hotel worked out fine, it was clean and comfortable and all you do is walk across the street to the visitor center to check out the laser light show.