Spyder Garage

Default 2008 rs Brake caliper

Has anyone any information about rebuilding a 2008 RSS right front brake caliper or where I can get just the "O" rings for inside the calipers.

the cause was my fault, I put on a new rotor and the piston was cocked and did not retract properly so I have disassembled the unit and want to
    replace the 8 o rings. A new caliper is several hundred dollars "O"s ten. These are not a brp listed item. Tips or trade secrets welcome.
    Thanks RED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Has anyone any information about rebuilding a 2008 RSS right front brake caliper or where I can get just the "O" rings for inside the calipers.

the cause was my fault, I put on a new rotor and the piston was cocked and did not retract properly so I have disassembled the unit and want to
    replace the 8 o rings. A new caliper is several hundred dollars "O"s ten. These are not a brp listed item. Tips or trade secrets welcome.
    Thanks RED
    Good question RED. I don't know. you may want to ask BajaRon, I know that he sell the brake pads and rotors for the Spyders.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Can am does not break down the caliper in the service manual. Section 7 chassis subsection 05(brakes) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423614346.323579.jpg
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423614466.534194.jpg

When replacing caliper any part that had "New" should be replaced per service manual. Just a fyi they call that out for a reason. It might be a $120 for the new caliper but you can't put a price on your or your passengers safety.

Sempert out,
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

Default Tough one..!!

did some light checking and found some slave cylinder kit and places that say they have them but don't. Did find the whole caliper for $220.00. You need to dig deep or find the o ring demensions...bad area to guess...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I am not certain but i think the caliper is made by Hayse Brake and it looks like their 4 piston motorcycle model. See picture from web site. Sure looks like it to me.

They claim to be a supplier to HD. Maybe you could get a rebuild kit from HD.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Mabye you could purchase their caliper and they give you a core refund when you send their damaged one back.
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

Thanks RED
    I asked a few people and most replied that they are most likely a BRP spec. part and most likely made in China. The new caliper is $220.99 plus shipping.

Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Maybe you can find a replacement here:
    http://www.oringsusa.com/

Spyder Garage

Thanks RED
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=201146608141

$50 on eBay right front caliper.

I just ran across it browsing for something else.
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    Good question RED. I don't know. you may want to ask BajaRon, I know that he sell the brake pads and rotors for the Spyders.

Mike

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer