Spyder Garage

Default passenger arm rests

I am interested in getting passenger arm rest for my 2014 Rt. Would like to know if people like what they have? If they are a good product and where is the best place to purchase them?

Thanks
    Larry

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have Diamond R and really like them. Easily to install, no need for drilling, they mount in stock holes. My wife really finds them comfortable. Diamond R is great to deal with! There is many other great arm rests and I am sure other Spyderlovers will chime in with their favourites. After that you will be able to make a more informed decision. Good luck and ride safe.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default I've also been in the market

I've also been in the market, but yet to pull the trigger, but from what I've gathered...
    While the are all attractively designed the biggest drawback I've found is that "most" of them are a bit frail where is comes to mounting the bike. That is, if someone puts weight on them to pull or lean on them to get into the seat they are bent or tweaked easily. The Corbin ones seem to be the sturdiest, but I've been told that they are only held on by 3 small screws into the speaker-box. My co-pilot was unable to reach the heated handles with Corbin rests. Several others types allowed a gap that would give access to the handles for more security on turns.
    So the search goes on...
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin

I put Corbin on for my wife. She loves them. They look as though they were designed for the RT. Install is a bit more complicated then others, but not that difficult. No additional holes need to be drilled. As mentioned above, with the Corbin's installed you may not be able to reach the handles, but my wife thought it was a stretch for her to try and secure herself using the handles anyway. The Corbin's do not move or hinge out of the way so there is more sense of extra security on each side when using them. Although they don't hinge or swing out of the way, they still allow for easy accessing and getting off of the seat. At least take a look at them, they do look good.
    Last edited by LEEB; 02-05-2015 at 01:49 PM.

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

I put the Corbin's on. I love them!! My girlfriend absolutely LOVES them! they actually make her feel more secure on the bike. They look fabulous and are very sturdy. The install is a bit tricky but well worth it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jonny
    2013 Spyder RT Limited
    • TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Light
    • Spyderpops Bumpskid with TricLED LED kit
    • GloRyder Wheel Lights
    • Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    • Corbin Arm Rests
    • TricLED Turn Signals

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had Diamond R on one of my Spyders and they were good. I don't carry a passenger very often but when I did they found them comfortable. One thing I like about them over the Corbin is that you can push them out of the way when not in use. I have a friend with Corbin and everytime I move her Spyder I bang up my leg getting on and off the Spyder. Another thing that I used them for was if I left my helmet on my seat I could put the arm rests around the helmet to keep it from being knocked off the Spyder.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Diamond R...
    05-04-2013 004.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Arm rests

On my Wing I have arm rests that look like the Diamond R. I would not ever, never, not, no way, buy them again. Yes, they swing out of the way, often when you do not want them to, and squeak when moving in both directions. The bushings that allow them to swing need constant tightening and/or replacement of the plastic washers that keep the metal parts from touching at the swing site. I have not seen these, on a Spyder, in person, but they look the same. An advantage to them is you can hang small storage bags from them for the co-rider to store things like lip gloss, sun glasses, etc.
    If these are different, I am sorry for bashing them. But looking at them, NO WAY.
    2015 RT Limited , Pearl White

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Unless your passenger is taller than 5'6" s/he may find the Corbins uncomfortable forcing the elbows up too high. We had em on our 2010 RT and Wife was very uncomfortable after about 25 miles.
    2014 RT S SE6 Cognac. Built on 12/20/13.
    2014 VW EOS 2.0 TSI replaced the RT S 5/22/2017

Spyder Garage

Well there you have it, the good and bad about the stationary or the swing away armrests.

I put the BigBikeParts swing away arm rests on my 2014 RTS, and they were less expensive and look and perform just as good as any of the others, if you are interested in them call Harvey at Spyderpops 501 627-4008, he has them in stock and at a good price

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Point/Counterpoint: My wife is 5'4" tall. I have the corbin armrests. She absolutely loves them. I can't say because I've never ridden "passenger". My wife says that she feels very secure with them. I personally think that armrests, whatever brand, on an RT is a must.

Chris

Spyder Garage

I've had the Diamond R's for years with no issues. I will buy again on my next one.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by granpa in Cincy View Post
    Unless your passenger is taller than 5'6" s/he may find the Corbins uncomfortable forcing the elbows up too high. We had em on our 2010 RT and Wife was very uncomfortable after about 25 miles.
    My wife is only 5'3" and since I installed the Corbin's we have taken several longer rides (100+ miles). She has never suggested the arm rests were too high. Just now I asked her again and she states, "No, they're not too high for me!" If in the future she does complain, I'll suggest: 1. She either sit up straight. 2. or I could get a big pillow for her to sit on. 3. or She could put some weight to add some padding which would lift her up!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Seriously

Seriously, it's all about personnel preference. There are many good arm rests out on the market, and as someone above stated, if you carrier a passenger, arm rests are a must! Whatever you decide on, I hope you and your passenger will be happy with and enjoy your purchase!!

Spyder Garage

We looked at many
    Wife sat on a friend's with Corbin -'
    That was it
    She was sold
    Ormand beach Fla installs 4 free
    They wi b in this week

Cant wait so I can drive without her feeling insecure
    More fun !

BTW our 2014 RTSE6 is an awesome machine
    Rode HD for many years &,they r awesome also
    Just time to move on to three wheels

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default SHOW CHROME

I put the show chrome ones on my Wifes RT I got them from Value Accessories a site sponsor they work well as arm rest's they do swing out of the way if needed but then the set screw seems to loosen up at the swivel if you move it too much. Very easy to install and nice quality.

Spyder Garage

my wife looked at all of them and then we opted for the RIVCO passenger arm rest. they will swing out of the way if you want them to plus they sit a little lower than some of the others. she really likes them.

another advantage is you can get them to match your seat should you decide to go with an Ultimate Seat.

CA094_lft3qrtrclse013BK_bw.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

Spyder Garage

Corbin
    utopia1.jpg
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Armrests

I have the newest Diamond R armrests & cupholders. They look great & easy to install.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default We have RIVCO's

We have these on Charlotte, http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...cat=477&page=1, but the wife feels that they are about 2" too low for her to really use comfortably. They look the best to me! Kent.
    Ride Safe All
    2014 RT Limited (Charlotte) in Cognac, Kuryakyn Grips,Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Rivco Armrests, a "finless" BT Dongle, TricLed Fender, Saddlebag, 3rd & 4th brake Lights, Custom Dynamics "Magic Strobes Brake Flasher", BajaRon Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters, Lighted Bumpskid, Rivco Highway Pegs, Rivco Cup Holders and Baker Built Air Wings. 215/60R-15 General Altimax Rt rear tire. 155/60R15 Kumho Solus front tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Design@Rivco View Post
    Yes we also have the arm rest for your rt. if there is anything i can do for you please let me know

See Product Details
    Adjustable Billet Armrests For Can-Am® Spyder RT
    SKU: CA094

These armrests are the finest available• Padded armrest set that pivots horizontally and allows easy passenger access • Designed for maximum passenger comfort.

Our price: $299.95
    Quantity 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
    Do they come in burgundy?

CARA @ RIVCO

Quote Originally Posted by kngfsh27 View Post
    Do they come in burgundy?
    Ultimate Seats will customize our arm rests for you in any color you would like.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So will I !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CARA @ RIVCO View Post
    Ultimate Seats will customize our arm rests for you in any color you would like.