Spyder Garage

Default Turn off Headlights

Hi all.

I am interested in purchasing a set of Tricrings spyder eyz (Angel Eyes). I was wondering if anyone has a way to turn off the headlights. I think you would not be able to see these that well with the headlights on.

Thanks
    Marc

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HEADLIGHTS

You would have to put in an on/off switch into the wiring to the lights from the FUSE........I'm not sure if this would upset Ms. "NANNY" ...............Also consider that in most if not ALL juristrictions motorcycles MUST have their Headlights ( or something very close to it ) on at all times ........................Good luck ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

it is a safety feature and the reason there is no switch. Being a projection headlight system they will be visable but I would install them and see before messing with turning the headlights off..jmo
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thank You for your replies and opinions. I really appreciate them. I just want to make sure the Angel eyes can be seen. I understand the safety part and would only turn off the headlights occasionally for a different look. The vendor is currently working on a bypass. I an waiting to see what he comes up with. Does anyone have pictures of these installed with the headlights on?

Thanks again

Spyder Garage

Right now both my headlights are burned out so my Angle eyes are my only headlights,they are bright but don't project very far down the road.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Default BURN

I THINK MOST STATES REQUIRE YOU TO 'BURN' YOUR LIGHTS WHILE ON THE ROAD..... MANDATORY HERE IN SOUTH CAROLINA....
    DAN P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    I THINK MOST STATES REQUIRE YOU TO 'BURN' YOUR LIGHTS WHILE ON THE ROAD..... MANDATORY HERE IN SOUTH CAROLINA....
    DAN P
    SPYD3R
    So far no LEO's have stopped me, but i'll get them replaced soon,i'm due for my 30k mile service.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Are you talking about the white angle eyes or the rainbow angle eyes?
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    Are you talking about the white angle eyes or the rainbow angle eyes?
    The white ones