Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    I saw someone carries a Judge. Has anyone got any experience with the S&W Governor?
    Have 1as well fyi ,great gun actually fits my judge holster. Being my newer item it stays locked up till I go on range. The assortment of rounds you can carry in one load make both quite deviating. Pm if you have questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

There are about 15 versions of The Judge
    The version I have is 5in stainless full hammer

Would love to have defende4 as well but----

I need a boat!
    Live in Fla now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Only pistols I can enjoy shooting clay pigeons with. Perfect for home defense, or 4wheeler snake gun.(IMHO) with right 410load (say #6bird shot) you have a 20" spread @3' away. Fyi & newer antipersonnel rounds are brutal. Standard 410 slug -expected, 00buck 3shot- mean, zombie round & RIP Rounds-yet to test. 45LC-expensive & expected. Also judge has smaller grip so comfy for lady shooters. Just beware the sound (loudest firearms I own (currently) FYI recoil is par with a 45, watching target explode well heh

minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    SENA 20S EVO

Spyder Garage

Default Yep, I'm carrying...

Unless you're just really into weapons my thoughts are a couple of things...First, too heavy and too big is a pain in the ass...I carry a Taurus .380 which is light, easy to carry, inexpensive to fire and very accurate in the right hands. Second, while there's something to be said for the noise factor if you ever had to fire the thing, just pulling the weapon is all you're likely ever to do.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE= I hope and to not be in a situation that I would need it - however, the crap does occasionally hit the fan. Any suggestions and words of wisdom would be most welcome! [/QUOTE]

Prepare mentally to use and, just as important, no to use your weapon.

I've asked many folks that carry what they would do in different threatening scenarios. Most are way too quick in separating the weapon from leather thinking that is the only action needed to resolve an issue when in fact that action can escalate the problem. And, way too many others are way too premature in discharging the weapon.

I'm not going to pontificate too much here, but just be mentally prepared and trained beyond the physical handling of the weapon. There is great responsibility and liability at play being armed with a deadly weapon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aeroshots View Post
    Prepare mentally to use and, just as important, not to use your weapon...
    ...There is great responsibility and liability at play being armed with a deadly weapon.
    After all; if you "pull steel", you're just KNOW that you'll spend some time on Page 1.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Last week My mother in law discovered that I carry. She was spending a few days up to camp with us, and while I don't carry when out and about in the campground, i grab it when we go to the store ect. She was shocked, and asked why. Of course I gave her the standard reasons, but what shocked her was my answer to her question what would I do if someone started shooting in the store? I guess she expected me to say I'll run up and shoot the guy, but when I explained my priority is myself and my family, I said I'd look for a way out, or a place to hide, and when and only when we were in immediate danger, I would defend myself.

Of course every situation is different, but I guess what im trying to say, is just because you have a weapon, look for other options before pulling your gun.

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

I'm a fan of .45 ACP. I carry the 3" Kimber Ultra Carry II with a Crimson Trace green laser.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    I'm a fan of .45 ACP. I carry the 3" Kimber Ultra Carry II with a Crimson Trace green laser.

Oh. That's nice. I've got a Kimber Solo Carry. Only Put around 200 rounds through her so far. Nice little pistol.

Spyder Garage

Awesome piece of equipment!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've noticed something ...

I don't recall a single post in here condemning us for our beliefs.

Thank you...

Spyder Garage

Default An aside....

After coming out of the military I went for years and didn't carry...head game on my part...but, I have a friend that has an "adult toy store" in Florida that was robbed at gunpoint. Both he and a cashier were put on the floor in the store by a masked robber. The robber was so confident he carried out a bag of loot and told them to stay put. My friend was carrying at the time and as soon as the robber left the store he jumped up, pushed the silent alarm and pulled his weapon, a .25 revolver. When the robber reentered he began firing at him and was fired back upon. None of the shots hit anything although the distance between them was less than 20 feet.

So some things here stand out to me and were pointed out by the investigating officers. First, it's very possible the robber would have shot both my buddy and the clerk because he really had no reason to reenter the store. Second, not many shots fired hit anyone on purpose because of the adrenaline pumping though unless someone is very well trained. Third, the officer told my friend to get more weapon. As I first said to him, in that kind of situation you don't want a pop gun (although a pop gun can sure kill you), you want him to crap his pants as soon as that weapon is discharged and if you hit him you want him to go down from where ever you do hit him. It takes some weight plus velocity to accomplish that when everything is pumping through the crook too.

Bottom line is my friend now carries at least a 9mm and sometimes a .45. He was lucky the first time and now hits the range once a week.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TEHelms View Post
    ...Bottom line is my friend now carries at least a 9mm and sometimes a .45. He was lucky the first time and now hits the range once a week.
    Good for him!
    Generally speaking; folks looking for a carry gun usually do not need a "fight-stopper"; they need something that they can fire accurately. (As you mentioned...)
    Law Enforcement's needs are different than ours... they need to put a down as fast as possible.
    We really only need to show the criminals, that we're going to be more trouble, than we're worth...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post

Dave, I knew I liked you for a reason - here is my carry, which is a cousin of yours. It is the Kimber Tactical Ultra II, 3" barrel .45 both in the IWB holster I made for it, and out.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Retired military, don't carry

I am retired military. Spent time as a Military Police instructor and range safety NCO. I have never carried. Those who do, that is fine. I am also a NRA Life Member. I am very much pro 2nd Amendment. If I do decide to carry, weapons of choice are M1 Garand and Model 97 trench gun.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I admire your choice in rifles...
    I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the Garand. I got one through the DCM about 30 years ago, and built it to National Match specs... That beast could pile the bullet holes into very small areas, at very long distances...

...And the '97? I have my Great-Grandfather's model 1897 in 12 gauge. He purchased it new, in 1901!

As far as the NRA...

Last edited by Bob Denman; 08-19-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Family shooked

Spending time this past week with my sister and her husband, they were shocked that I do not carry when I am riding. I ride 99.9% of the time by myself. I will be taking a CCW course very soon. I am not going to post here what I will be carrying, only to say say one gun is over 100 years old(auto) and the other is 40 years old(revolver). I am a lot like Quigley. Never said I don't know how to use them, just not my weapon of choice.

Spyder Garage

I carry on me that way if I get off the bike I do not have to worry, Most ooffen I only carry a 380 Bursa which is small and compact. Inside belt holster with untuck shirt. I find my 1911 a bit bulky unless it is cold and the more bulky clothes help conceal. I am planning on taking my Utha permit since we travel a lot and NY is not as friendly as many states.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Dave, I knew I liked you for a reason - here is my carry, which is a cousin of yours. It is the Kimber Tactical Ultra II, 3" barrel .45 both in the IWB holster I made for it, and out.
    I think I am going shopping!

Spyder Garage

minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    SENA 20S EVO

Spyder Garage

Ok fyi just got email from biker bud enjoy

GOT MY CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT YESTERDAY

In the afternoon, I went over to the local Bass Pro Shop to get a small 9mm handgun for home/personal protection.

When I was ready to pay for the pistol and ammo, the cashier said, "Strip down, facing me."

Making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control wackos running amok, I did just as she had instructed.
    ​ ​
    When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out she was referring to how I should place my credit card in the card reader!!!
    ​ ​
    As an intelligent senior citizen, I do not get flustered often. But this time, it took me a while to get my pants back on.

I've been asked to shop elsewhere in the future. They need to make their instructions to seniors a little more clear.

I still don't think I looked that bad!

minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    SENA 20S EVO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    I will say this: I try to avoid areas where trouble can occur, but that is not always possible. I have been trying to come up with some "goodies".
    I have two items of interest for personal protection in the works. One is a means to carry concealed and have access right at hand and the other is a non lethal force option. I'll post more when we get things ready! I am especially excited about the non-lethal option.
    Doc, you wrote this waaaaaaay back on Feb. 5! Any update?
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

Spyder Garage

Anyone own or shot Springfield XD Mod.2 9mm? I shot one today at the range. Now I am thinking of purchasing one for concealed carry and home defense.

Any feedback?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2015 Can-Am RT Limited Pearl White
    Farkle: Laser alignment, Bararon sway bar, Bump skid with LED, Tri Axis adjustable handlebar, BRP heated comfort seat, Utopia backrest, Kott grills, Tailgunner Black Widow exhaust, BRP adjustable side wind deflectors, and Upper wind deflectors.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another NRA member here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobgeorge View Post
    Anyone own or shot Springfield XD Mod.2 9mm? I shot one today at the range. Now I am thinking of purchasing one for concealed carry and home defense. Any feedback?
    Springfield Armory makes some pretty decent firearms. My buddies and I swap them around at the range, and those handguns are always the ones that everyone wants to try.
    They shoot accurately, and are comfortable to carry!
    I'm not the biggest fan of the 9mm. Ins a home defense situation; you'd better make sure that you've got it stuffed full of the right ammo... Over-penetration can be a problem... Ideally; you want the projectile to stay inside it's intended target...