Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Lot of good info here. I believe in protection. We should be able and ready to take care of business. As a retired state police officer I have learned to practice personal safety whether packing or not

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My .380 Ruger fits perfectly in the spyder front cubby. I used this for long trips. Just don't forget to take it out,

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have had my CCW permit for over 40 years... I carry either a Glock 26 in a Galco ankle holster or a Glock 19 inside my waistband in a KingTuk holster depending on my attire & weather... I strongly recommend if you plan to carry... do it 24/7 and everywhere that it is legal.. and be dam sure you can proficiently shoot your weapon..... your life and the life of your love ones will depend on your ability to eliminate a threat... the 2nd thing I put on in the morning is my weapon... and it is the last thing I take off at night ... I shoot over 2,000 rounds a month.. I participate in competition shooting matches every weekend so I hit what I shoot at..
    Oh.. forgot to add one more thing... ALWAYS have a round in the chamber... an unloaded pistol is just a rock !! it takes about 2 to 3 seconds to rack a round in the chamber.. those few seconds may determine if you live or your assailant lives !
    Happy Hunting !

osm
    Last edited by Orange Spyder Man; 02-06-2015 at 08:28 AM.

Spyder Garage

My preferred method of carry is a shoulder holster, under my riding vest. That way, the gun is always in my possession, not on or in my Spyder, and possibly accessible to someone else, like an aggressor. I have a 2" barrel S&W Model 15 for this purpose . . . and because I like wheel guns.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    My preferred method of carry is a shoulder holster, under my riding vest. That way, the gun is always in my possession, not on or in my Spyder, and possibly accessible to someone else, like an aggressor. I have a 2" barrel S&W Model 15 for this purpose . . . and because I like wheel guns.

Spyder Garage

Originally Posted by Dragonfly
    I have found that this http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/ is the best holster for all around use. I tuck the plug end of my ear buds under the flap and it looks like a big phone case. I have one sized for Kahr PM9 and another for the XD40 Sub Compact that also fits the Taurus .357 snub nose DAO.

I use the Sneaky Pete holsters too.

Ruger SR40C it easy to shoot and if you are a bad shot it hold 16

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Legalheat.com is an app that tells you all states laws and if you can legally carry with your permitt in each state (reciprocity)

Spyder Garage

Ruger SR40C it easy to shoot and if you are a bad shot it hold 16[/QUOTE]

NOT IN NY

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

I take a Ruger LCP .380 with me every day. Most often in a pocket holster and inside my coat. In the summer it slips nicely into my back pocket. Double action semi-automatic. No safety but comfortable carrying chambered because of the deep trigger pull.

I also have the S&W model 60 - love it but extremely heavy; Model 19 Glock - won't carry chambered; and Springfield .45 Ultra Compact 1911 - I don't trust remembering the safety in a pressure situation. The LCP with hot loads is my choice. ...Don

P.S. I don't carry a chunk of steel in the small of my back after learning that an acquaintance broke his back after being thrown.
    Last edited by gnirtsnod; 02-06-2015 at 07:13 AM.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For those of you that carry concealed, we have a travel bag that we are now offering that has a concealed pocket and fits perfectly on the RT dash, between dash and windshield. We tested this setup in 16 States last year and it worked perfect. Easily detachable from the bike with both a carrying handle or a shoulder strap, it allowed me to carry my valuables and my electronic goodies away from the bike if we were stopping to visit something or getting something to eat. It even has a quick access area you can get to with gloves on that you can get toll money out. Made it super easy. We buy these from Targus and my wife does several hours of sewing to make them "Spyder-friendly. I will post a link as soon we get a few ready to sell.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    For those of you that carry concealed, we have a travel bag that we are now offering that has a concealed pocket and fits perfectly on the RT dash, between dash and windshield. We tested this setup in 16 States last year and it worked perfect. Easily detachable from the bike with both a carrying handle or a shoulder strap, it allowed me to carry my valuables and my electronic goodies away from the bike if we were stopping to visit something or getting something to eat. It even has a quick access area you can get to with gloves on that you can get toll money out. Made it super easy. We buy these from Targus and my wife does several hours of sewing to make them "Spyder-friendly. I will post a link as soon we get a few ready to sell.

We?

Who are you?

What company?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    We?

Who are you?

What company?

Doc Humphreys is a SpyderLovers sponsor.

Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Doc Humpreys company?

What company?

Sorry, some of us haven't been here for 8 years and don't know who has what company.

I see no company mentioned and nothing in his signature?

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Thanks, now I know

Spyder Garage

If you carry:
    1) make sure you get trained in combat shooting--start on a target range then go to a combat range.
    2) make sure you shoot and re-train regularly. Ability to shoot is not like riding a bicycle--it takes constant practice.
    3). Make sure you have it in your head that you can kill another person--not everyone can--and if you can't, there is no shame--just don't get a gun because someone will take it away from you an use it on you.
    4) combat changes you, you must be prepared for that.
    5). A small caliber gun is easier to handle than a large caliber--especially at the short distances in a combat situation. However, they do not make you feel as macho. A gun is a tool. A gun is not a statement.
    6) decide if you might be better off with pepper spray. Remember you are unlikely to be assaulted--even in bad neighborhoods, and when you are monpving, ie. Not stopped at red lights, the liklihood of an assault drops even more.
    7). By the way, did I stress training enough. Merely because someone was an excellent shot 15 years ago doesn't mean he is today.
    8). If you get in a combat situation, make sure to watch the background where most of your bullets will end up--you probably don't want to injure a bystander.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

http://roadsterrenovations.info
    Sorry, will have pictures posted in the next day or two.
    We?

Who are you?

What company?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    http://roadsterrenovations.info
    Sorry, will have pictures posted in the next day or two.

You should put the link in your signature since you are a sponsor here

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    If you carry:
    1) make sure you get trained in combat shooting--start on a target range then go to a combat range.
    2) make sure you shoot and re-train regularly. Ability to shoot is not like riding a bicycle--it takes constant practice.
    3). Make sure you have it in your head that you can kill another person--not everyone can--and if you can't, there is no shame--just don't get a gun because someone will take it away from you an use it on you.
    5). A small caliber gun is easier to handle than a large caliber--especially at the short distances in a combat situation. However, they do not make you feel as macho. A gun is a tool. A gun is not a statement.
    6) decide if you might be better off with pepper spray. Remember you are unlikely to be assaulted--even in bad neighborhoods, and when you are monpving, ie. Not stopped at red lights, the liklihood of an assault drops even more.
    7). By the way, did I stress training enough. Merely because someone was an excellent shot 15 years ago doesn't mean he is today.
    8). If you get in a combat situation, make sure to watch the background where most of your bullets will end up--you probably don't want to injure a bystander.
    Excellent advice!

Spyder Garage

You should put the link in your signature since you are a sponsor here
    I know....I need to do that.

Spyder Garage

In my vest it has a holster built into the left inner pocket.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default A New Saddle?

How about an new saddle (seat)? And since we are talking about a 3-wheeler you could have one on each side for a double-draw!!
    Saddle & Holster.jpg
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Dan_Ashley;932239]If you carry:
    8). If you get in a combat situation, make sure to watch the background where most of your bullets will end up--you probably don't want to injure a bystander

​Good post. 8 out of 10 people are in more danger when they carry. They feel secure when they carry but hesitate to use or not sure they should use it. If you are going to carry make sure you can make split decisions without hesitation and know when to unholster the gun. Make sure you are in imminent danger and there is no other way out before pulling the trigger. Reality remains could you actually shoot another person? Food for thought.

No permit is required to carry concealed in Arizona now. I still keep my permit active as I have for 45 years because of recip. out of state.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage