Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

One of the largest motorcycle events in the USA, and BRP spyder can only do A DAY at Daytona...
    As a relatively new owner of a 2013 RT Limited I was expecting to see a week long promotion etc...

I still own my BMW, and BMW has a week long event (Daytona) ---- not so much for only owners but the Company is there doing their sales pitch...

so i guess we'll cruise around and maybe bump into other spyder owners.

ride safe

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question Thanks Lamont

My question is regarding FB and the Daytona Owners Event. I do not have access to FB during the day and there are a few people going that are not on FB at all. Is there another way to register for the owners event?

Spyder Garage

Default The dark side??

Hey BRP, Come to SpyderQuest III...................we have cookies.

Just Sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default Cookies

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post

Just Sayin'............

Cookies..... then ill be there

But seriously, BRP, yes do go to SpyderQuest 2015.

Spyder Garage

Just Sayin'............
    where you been bro???

Spyder Garage

I made one one post with some thought. I will add some more for what they are worth to anybody.it takes a whole lot of people a whole lot of time and a lot of money to put a event on. Legal issues, permits, local oppsition or support (whjich changes with different officals at one event) , timing of event all play a part. This is not a opinion, but fact. I having helped put event for several organizations over the years. Many people appreciate the results, but some want more door prized, better weather and so. Thank you very much for all the work people have put in on Events such as Spyderfeast and many more.

Two groups that have many supported events over a year. H.O.G. Harley Owners Group has State rallys and a National one that I know of, May have district rallys.
    GoldWing Road Riders of America have state, regional and a National rally every year.
    I feel the advantage is more people will be able to Attend with this set up. Not every is able/willing/affird to travel 2 or 3 days to attend a event. Ride safe and have fun
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    where you been bro???
    Had some health issues, but I am kinda back. Already got my ride planned for the rally, and plan to have the whole week off this year.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Texas October Coyote Powersports Hill Country Ride.....come ride the Texas Three Sisters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZeYDBY4fw
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 02-04-2015 at 09:22 PM.

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Texas October Coyote Powersports Hill Country Ride.....come ride the Texas Three Sisters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZeYDBY4fw
    I'm with you flamingobabe, great riding, great dealership and great people. If BRP was there, what more could you want. Count me in again this year even if no BRP.

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just Sayin'............
    Yes, good cookies! and pizza, good pizza.070.jpg
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    The saying "No good deed goes unpunished" comes to mind here.

When they had an owner event people complained that there were no vendors or it was on the wrong side of the map. They can't win. Now they are giving support to event that can and will have vendors and will most likely be all over the country and it's still not good enough for some of you guys. Really the owners event is a big expense with little return. I think this is a smart move on their part. They get to help the owners without the restrictions of corporate. Maybe I'm just a cup is half full kind of a guy.
    I like the idea. This should enable more riders to attend an event sometime during the year. No complaints on my end, I just love riding the Spyder and if I run into an event that's great! I agree that no matter what is done some people will not be satisfied.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Default Owners Event Crawl

Although I haven't had an opportunity to attend any previous events, I prefer to be more optimistic about the potential of this new format. It may create an opportunity for a "very few" to try to attend all or most of the events. Maybe BRP could offer an incentive to those fortunate few who have the time and resources to complete an "Owners Event Crawl".

Maybe they should add an 8th event to make it more like!
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Spyder Garage

There will be the second Myrtle Beach Spyder Rally May 2-9th this year for people who want a good vacation with plenty of things to do. It has been submitted to BRP for consideration.Just sayin'
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you BRP!!! Fresh Ideas are what the Spyder is all about!

I want to publicly say Thank you BRP! As has been stated, BRP doesn't have to do ANYTHING...but is willing to. That's fantastic news. This company is going to handout support for 7 events to likely be even better than they would be without that support. While I'm slightly disappointed that there could be 1 less Major event coming up, I'm glad that these people still have the desire to stay in touch with their customers in this way. They are trying new things, mixing it up and IMO that's in keeping with what the Can-Am Spyder is all about.
    Thanks again BRP!
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

Well, we think that this is a great idea by BRP. If the owner's event was somewhere in the mid US then we would not be able to attend anyways. This way, perhaps we can attend a couple of sponsored events (Spyder Odyssey & Spyder Quest). Before you guys/gals pass judgement, why don't you wait and see how this plays out. At the end of the year you will either say it was a great idea or it was a bust. We think that it will be great. Now, if only our Canadian dollar would go back up so it doesn't cost us so much.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Amazing

Thanks Lamont for this news! This will only make the selected events even better! I am amazed every day at how so many on this board can do nothing but complain. As several have explained BRP has little to gain but PR, and their products are selling without any involvement in "owners events". I for one am thankful for their support. I might even go to SITR again this year if the chose that event to sponsor!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Registered Users
    Tri Cities of Apple Valley, Hesperia, Victorville
    Spyder Garage

Question Question

Is there anyone who can provide or get a list of potential sponsors for these gatherings? Plus, is there any way an individual person can help or recommend? From what I read, it is only clubs or dealers that can propose sites to BRP. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

Allen B.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by adlereins View Post
    Is there anyone who can provide or get a list of potential sponsors for these gatherings? Plus, is there any way an individual person can help or recommend? From what I read, it is only clubs or dealers that can propose sites to BRP. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

Allen B.
    A good group of the sponsors on the front page go to these events and most of them make it to Spyderfest.
    Any group who has an event can apply.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    thanks for the heads up lamont. spyderquest application is going in today. (ron is filling it out now) I see this as a very big deal. after having two spyderquest events "under the belt"and growing as fast as we have, it becomes difficult to keep growing without help, both in numbers of bodies, and secondly financially. what could be better than having brp behind us with a little financial assist and a little publicity coming out of brp direct! I love it, and I challenge those that question it, to call an event of choice and volunteer to help out on that event. when you see what it takes, you might change your mind!! (i'm not trying to start anything, i'm just trying to say thank you brp for the chance to become a sponsor aided event)
    Do you know when Ron will post the registration for SpyderQuest III and/or when will the website be up?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

After looking at Docs Spyder calendar....

I am thinking I like these 7

Destination Spyder Daytona Beach
    Spyder Rally Myrtle Beach
    Spyderfest Magog Quebec
    Destination Spyder Sturgis
    Spyders in the Redwoods
    Spyderquest Lake George
    Hill Country Spyder Ride

This is a nice summer schedule with north to south east to west locations…I know someone mentioned how expensive Sturgis is but what a great opportunity for BRP to market the F3 . To the “two wheelers” who traditionally go to a event like this…Bikeweek too…it is a F3 market .I think this is a nice schedule. Another thought of mine is these events seem to be free to register and most of them vendors are free….it is hard to pay for all the food and hard work when the organizers are doing the event solo...with money out of their own pocket…BRP can really help these folks.IMHO

Spyder Garage

I'm perplexed at a lot of the angst expressed, here.

I go to events, primarily, to ride my Spyder. I really don't care who is the sponsor . . . if I can get there and have a great time riding, and meeting other folks who love Spyders, that is all that matters.

I could care less if it is "the" BRP event, "the" Spyder Quest event, "the" Ohio Spyder Rally, "the" SpyderFest event . . . it is all about "the" ride, and if I can get the time (and cash) to make the trip, I'm there!

The fact that BRP is willing to pony up some assistance to seven events, I think is great. It will allow event promoters to do more for the attendees . . . and pretty much guarantees a BRP presence, which is also great.

I can only assume the less than enthusiastic attitudes are the result of it being winter and many of us are suffering from Spyder withdrawal . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default locations

My vote is for Spyders in The Smokys!!! Hard to beat the roads in that area....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hillybillyheaven View Post
    After looking at Docs Spyder calendar....

I am thinking I like these 7

Destination Spyder Daytona Beach
    Spyder Rally Myrtle Beach
    Spyderfest Magog Quebec
    Destination Spyder Sturgis
    Spyders in the Redwoods
    Spyderquest Lake George
    Hill Country Spyder Ride

This is a nice summer schedule with north to south east to west locations…I know someone mentioned how expensive Sturgis is but what a great opportunity for BRP to market the F3 . To the “two wheelers” who traditionally go to a event like this…Bikeweek too…it is a F3 market .I think this is a nice schedule. Another thought of mine is these events seem to be free to register and most of them vendors are free….it is hard to pay for all the food and hard work when the organizers are doing the event solo...with money out of their own pocket…BRP can really help these folks.IMHO
    These are all in the Eastern US except for the SITR. STURGIS? have you ever been to Sturgis. I have many times. I bought my Spyder to get away from all this. There is a Spyder gathering two weeks before Sturgis in Deadwood that would be fine, but Sturgis no way. That's Heavy Harley Country overcrowded with all the kooks you could imagine. No Thanks.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting the three sisters ride. I did not want to take up all the space by quoting
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    These are all in the Eastern US except for the SITR. STURGIS? have you ever been to Sturgis. I have many times. I bought my Spyder to get away from all this. There is a Spyder gathering two weeks before Sturgis in Deadwood that would be fine, but Sturgis no way. That's Heavy Harley Country overcrowded with all the kooks you could imagine. No Thanks.

Jack

It is not about crowds it is about MARKETING....RETURN ON INVESTMENT...BRP has got to market to the younger set with the F3,,,,us traditional Spyder riders ,,,most feel that the F3 is uncomfortable to ride and gives us a sore body. BRP has to have a presence at Harley events....if it was just marketing the RT or RS I would say no but i believe it is a must at Sturgis and Bikeweek....from the news articles I read they want to cross over into the sport 2 wheel market...got to be there to sell there. Thats why they are having Lamont bring his custom F3 to Bikeweek TO SELL F3's to a new market...and I believe Spyders in the redwoods is CALI,west coast.IMHO