Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hillybillyheaven View Post
    It is not about crowds it is about MARKETING....RETURN ON INVESTMENT...BRP has got to market to the younger set with the F3,,,,us traditional Spyder riders ,,,most feel that the F3 is uncomfortable to ride and gives us a sore body. BRP has to have a presence at Harley events....if it was just marketing the RT or RS I would say no but i believe it is a must at Sturgis and Bikeweek....from the news articles I read they want to cross over into the sport 2 wheel market...got to be there to sell there. Thats why they are having Lamont bring his custom F3 to Bikeweek TO SELL F3's to a new market...and I believe Spyders in the redwoods is CALI,west coast.IMHO
    I got a different take away viewpoint from the original letter posted by Lamont. What I took away from the letter is that BRP is doing this (mainly) for the owners, as appreciation, and to keep customer loyalty. I believe their presence in Daytona will be for marketing, to make non-current Spyder riders aware of what is available. I do believe BRP is spending their money wisely.
    Last edited by wyliec; 02-06-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Spyder Garage

I like it!
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LEEB View Post
    Oh My!! Is this going to be a good thing? A bad thing? Oh My!! I guess since I don't know I'll just have to take a 'Mental Health' ride on my Spyder and hopefully figure it out. I'll be back when I know for sure!!!! Please folks, don't be so serious! Life is too short, and Spyder riding is just too good to worry about these things.
    ...and LEEB, I sure hope you don't run into any lions or tigers or bears on your "Mental Health Ride". Oh My!!
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    Spyderquest application is going in today. (ron is filling it out now) I see this as a very big deal. after having two spyderquest events "under the belt"and growing as fast as we have, it becomes difficult to keep growing without help, both in numbers of bodies, and secondly financially. what could be better than having brp behind us with a little financial assist and a little publicity coming out of brp direct! I love it, and I challenge those that question it, to call an event of choice and volunteer to help out on that event. when you see what it takes, you might change your mind!! (i'm not trying to start anything, i'm just trying to say thank you brp for the chance to become a sponsor aided event)
    GREAT NEWS!!! I was looking forward to my first SpyderQuest this fall. Now I'm looking forward to it even more! Thanks guys. Hope SpyderQuest gets selected (hard to imagine that it won't). If so it's NOT hard to imagine that BRP will be making a good appearance in Lake George, as that will likely be the closest event for them.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Default I realize that most folks already know this, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    I did not want to take up all the space by quoting.
    Quoting parts of other posts can be a good way to maintain continuity within a thread, without being redundant. You do know that you can edit quotes (like I did above), right? Some folks may not know this, as you often see long messages - complete with embedded YouTube videos - quoted several times in a row within a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by (whomever)
    You can even make up quotes...
    ...or embed one quote (or other codes) within another.

Also, the little link, that appears after the name of who you quoted, takes the reader back to the original message, which may be handy when quotes are edited too aggressively.

Sorry for the "off topic" diversion.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Do you know when Ron will post the registration for SpyderQuest III and/or when will the website be up?
    We are looking at opening registration sometime in May, like last year, we will wait until Spyderfest gets over. Events are already set, waiting on rides to fall into place. A new website is being worked on as we speak by FRKSHO and it will be coming, maybe a few weeks to a month. The registration process will be similar to last year, possibly a few changes and Bill Pitman will be working on that, but still needs some info (rides). I will post a separate thread soon with the tentative itinerary, but I will wait tell BRP has finalized there sponsor list, cause we might just have to change something.
    Last edited by rnet; 02-06-2015 at 04:53 PM.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderquest

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    We are looking at opening registration sometime in May, like last year, we will wait until Spyderfest gets over. Events are already set, waiting on rides to fall into place. A new website is being worked on as we speak by FRKSHO and it will be coming, maybe a few weeks to a month. The registration process will be similar to last year, possibly a few changes and Bill Pitman will be working on that, but still needs some info (rides). I will post a separate thread soon with the tentative itinerary, but I will wait tell BRP has finalized there sponsor list, cause we might just have to change something.
    We're going to Spyderquest in September. This will be our first Spyder event that we have attended since we just purchased our Spyder in July 2014. We(my wife and I) also have talked two other couples to attend the event with us. Now, if BRP has a nice presence there, that will be a big plus for us newbies!! Anyway, we can't wait to enjoy the ride to Lake George from Central PA and share time with some other great Spyder owners. May there be many great Spyder events across the USA and Canada this year, whether BRP is there or not!
    Now, come on warm weather!

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

Can't wait for the 2017 event in Valcourt. It is basically right up route 91 from me. And I can stop at the Ben & Jerry Ice Cream factory on the way.
    Robert G.

Suzuki Burgman 400, Can-Am Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ctpaddler2000 View Post
    Can't wait for the 2017 event in Valcourt. It is basically right up route 91 from me. And I can stop at the Ben & Jerry Ice Cream factory on the way.
    I would to hit this date too. Been meaning to get to Québec for a while.
    2012 RT-SE5

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Since this is my first season with a spyder, I am going to be glad to be a part of any event. Since it seems that they are sponsoring more events this year, I might be able to make 1 or more. Right now, I am just glad to be riding, and if I can get to ride with more spyder owners, GREAT!!!
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default We'll be announcing the selected events both here and on Facebook next week.

Thanks to all of the Can-Am Spyder owners’ event organizers who submitted an event for BRP sponsorship consideration in 2015! Early next week, we'll announce the winners here as well as on Facebook. Stay tuned!
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Default A Big +1

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Since this is my first season with a spyder, I am going to be glad to be a part of any event. Since it seems that they are sponsoring more events this year, I might be able to make 1 or more. Right now, I am just glad to be riding, and if I can get to ride with more spyder owners, GREAT!!!
    Exactly!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

So i checked out the SITR site and they had a cool group photo up. I will have to say that looking at the photo at 43 i would be the youngest person there LOL. Such a great area though id really like to try and go, its almost 700 miles for me though, i need some way to trailer the spyder.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    So i checked out the SITR site and they had a cool group photo up. I will have to say that looking at the photo at 43 i would be the youngest person there LOL. Such a great area though id really like to try and go, its almost 700 miles for me though, i need some way to trailer the spyder.
    I'm not too sure of that latony007...That shot didn't include everyone who attended. There were 165 last year and at the time that pic was taken there were several groups still out on rydes. While you may be could be at the lower end of that bell curve, only time will tell if you're the pup in the group! And, that was also pre F3....Maybe if SITR gets additional funds this year the "Youngest" will win a prize!
    Good Luck.
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I doubt that you would be the youngest there but you probably would be the youngest trailering your Spyder there. Us old folks ride.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

You're not old Ann! Maybe maturing but definitely not old.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Such a great area though id really like to try and go, its almost 700 miles for me though, i need some way to trailer the spyder.
    Trailer? For 700 miles? That's at most a 2 day drive with plenty of stopping time thrown in. Spyders were made for riding, not trailering! Put a 5 in front of that 700 and now you're talking about some real traveling! That's what I did last fall from Idaho to Louisiana and back! And I'm only 70!

If you have some physical limitation that restricts your riding time then please forgive me for my insensitivity.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Your only 43 and you are complaining about a 700 mile drive? How soft has the younger generation become? We put more than 700 miles on after we arrived.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Lets ryde together latony007

I highly apologize for getting off of the subject of this thread!
    Hey latony007, If you wanna trailer your Spyder up to Sacramento, we can ryde the last leg to Eureka together. We're leaving Monday...Let me know.
    Last edited by NorCalBud; 03-06-2015 at 11:44 PM.
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Owner's events announced!

Hi all, thanks for your patience. The owner's events have been announced here.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team