Thread: First F3

Spyder Garage

Default First F3

The first F3 for East Tennessee ATV Powersports has arrived. This is #424, a F3S sm6 fresh from the crate. Earl will get it serviced tomorrow morning and we'll get to test pilot it tomorrow afternoon. I can't take it home but at least I get to try it out. They only got one for now and it will probably be the demo.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423013580.685304.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423013594.425017.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423013613.617093.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423013622.287686.jpg

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Default EGG-ZAK-LEE

that 1 is EGG-ZAK-LEE like mine, which i will pick up on either Thursday or Friday.....
    we have a ride planned for a bunch of us on Saturday, and i wanna surprise every1, so don't say anything.....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Great news..!!

hope they get more soon cause test rydes tend to lead to purchases..don't want them going down the road to get one... enjoy your ryde..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Beautiful machine

There was a time that I would consider purchasing a "Demo", but as I consider it now who knows ? Who would really want a vehicle that 100 people ran the heck out of before
    choosing to buy a different "new" one ? How many times will it get red lined before the first oil change ? While many would ride with the same care that they would use with their own machine, there are those who wouldn't. What do you think ? Still a beautiful machine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Burped View Post
    There was a time that I would consider purchasing a "Demo", but as I consider it now who knows ? Who would really want a vehicle that 100 people ran the heck out of before
    choosing to buy a different "new" one ? How many times will it get red lined before the first oil change ? While many would ride with the same care that they would use with their own machine, there are those who wouldn't. What do you think ? Still a beautiful machine.
    I bought my 2009 GS as a demo. The salesman confided with me that he had dogged the engine, I had also dogged the engine on my demo ride. I wanted an additional discount because I told the salesman to get me a better deal, or I'd tell his boss he abused the engine. I got an additional discount.

After 50k on the GS, she is still running like a champ with no mechanical problems.
    Last edited by Yazz; 02-03-2015 at 09:47 PM.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Burped View Post
    Got our 2012 demo with 1200 miles on it. It has been a great bike.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default dog and cat

dogging the engine; de-catting the exhaust system - guesses on which animal is next ?

Spyder Garage

Default Identical

My dealer should have the exact same F3-S SM6 uncrated and in his showroom by now. I have yet to see it in person but hope to get over there before it is gone.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    dogging the engine; de-catting the exhaust system - guesses on which animal is next ?
    Does the above make it a 'Rat' bike??

Spyder Garage

RE: Buy a demo?

I am on the conservative side so would be fearful that the demo had been rode like it was stolen. I want to be the one who breaks the machine in properly, so that I know its total history. Saving money does not enter the equation for me in this situation.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My first F3 ryde
    Well today I finally got to ryde the F3.
    Unfortunately everything that I've heard about it is true. What a beast! Dragons can be tamed. And this is one smooth machine that flys effortlessly. Loved it[emoji106]

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YPILOT View Post
    My first F3 ryde
    Well today I finally got to ryde the F3.
    Unfortunately everything that I've heard about it is true. What a beast! Dragons can be tamed. And this is one smooth machine that flys effortlessly. Loved it[emoji106]
    Well, there you are YPILOT,, got ya thinkin?
    I may run by there tomorrow and check it out.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Default Not Fair

StanProff, didn't you just get a new 2014 RT less than a year ago ? That's just not right to move to an F-3 when you have just barely broken in your RT. I don't know what you do for a living, but you must be doing something right.