Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyder RT Cover

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT Cover

Which is best? Full or half? Perferred brand and why?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There is no "best", it's what you want, or how you use your ride. I don't store mine outside so I have no need for a full cover. I like the travel cover to keep people from getting too curious when I am away from the Spyder.

What's best for you isn't the same as anyone else.

Spyder Garage

I would just like a cover that's not too bulky to carry and would be easy to slip on and off, just cover the seat for rain and sun protection(maybe the dash too) after all the bike is washable. The travel cover goes all the way over the rear trunk and over the windshield too which IMHO isn't needed. I do like it for night time use though, but wouldn't want to carry both. I guess I'm just not happy with any cover, must be a compromise somewhere.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

Default We like the half covers

We like to cover both Spyders with the half cover at night for two reasons.

- It keeps prying eyes away from switches and stuff they can play with and doesn't allow people (not just kids) to climb on the machines

- It keeps overnight moisture from collecting and saves having to wipe the Spyder down every morning except for the frunk and side bags.

Half covers are easy to roll back into themselves for storage and compress well to save space.

This is one BRP product that doesn't seem overpriced.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got both of the BRP covers for the RT... They fit the best, and the one that I use is dependent upon the needs of the day...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brogers57 View Post
    I had the full RT travel cover. It really fits well, however, last summer on a long trailer ride and the constant wind buffeting the handlebars poked holes in the cover?? The dealer said this expensive cover is good for travel so they gave me a new replacement. Haven't tried it yet. I am thinking about going to an upholstery shop and having reinforcement pieces sewn on the inside where the handlebars touch the cover??? has anyone else had a problem like this with the BRP full cover???
    THE BIG F

Spyder Garage

I use a Sun Screen for most of my cover uses - it's just spandex with hooks to cover the top of the bike (and keep folks off of it). Takes about a minute to install, and fits in a 8" stuff bag - perfect for trips.

I no longer have a BRP cover, as I sold it with my 2010. That was a good cover to have on a trip as well.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BARGAIN COVER

..........You didn't state exactly what you planned to use the cover to do soooo you can look at this ....E-Bay item # 231409989339-----I bought it to use to keep it protected from the sun when out riding and deter people from screwing with it $ 8.84 delivered free...........................just a thought .......Mike

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have and use the BRP half cover and like it real well. Here's a hint for BRP though,.... make it silver in color to keep the bike cooler in the sun.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

So seems to me BRP one is beeter than the Nelson-Rigg?

Spyder Garage

At the moment to RT lives outdoors. We use the BRP full cover. Nice quality and fits great. Only problem is the stray cats like to "mark" it on the front wheels-YUCK! Need to make space in the garage, and pick up a half cover for summer/dumb people repellent.

Spyder Garage

My .02

The half cover is good for keeping the riff-raff off the . Also works well as a sun or light rain shade.

Full cover, good for overnights and bad weather situations. More protection.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default My Nelson-Rigg Half Cover Is OK

So seems to me BRP one is beeter than the Nelson-Rigg?
    I have the Nelson-Rigg half-cover and it fits very well and I like it a lot. I don't have the BRP cover so I can't compare it.

As an added benefit the cover also fits my Honda NC700X quite nicely.

Charles
    Last edited by WA5VHU; 02-03-2015 at 03:18 PM.
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Default BRP TRAVEL COVER

I have the half travel cover, I have the BRP one, since my doesn't set outside the travel cover Is great, easy on and easy off..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arachnoid View Post
    At the moment to RT lives outdoors. We use the BRP full cover. Nice quality and fits great. Only problem is the stray cats like to "mark" it on the front wheels-YUCK! Need to make space in the garage, and pick up a half cover for summer/dumb people repellent.
    I went ahead and got a half cover mainly for the upcoming summer trips. Hard to understand that we have to cover OUR machines just to keep curious idiot rude passerby folks from messing around with OUR stuff. I have heard of this happening but not experienced it yet.

Spyder Garage

BRP Half Cover
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    I had the full RT travel cover. It really fits well, however, last summer on a long trailer ride and the constant wind buffeting the handlebars poked holes in the cover?? The dealer said this expensive cover is good for travel so they gave me a new replacement. Haven't tried it yet. I am thinking about going to an upholstery shop and having reinforcement pieces sewn on the inside where the handlebars touch the cover??? has anyone else had a problem like this with the BRP full cover???
    THE BIG F
    I have trailered our RT Limited four times with the full BRP travel cover and on the last trip ( central Ohio to Florida and back) one handlebar poked through on the way south. On the trip back the other handlebar poked through and the seam down middle, behind the windshield opened up (about 18 or 20 inches). Bought it from a Texas dealer via eBay. Need to call them to see if they will offer a replacement.
    It is a great cover, great fit. Just could not take the buffeting when over the adjustable handlebars on our 2014. First three trips were on a 2012 RT Limited with stock bars.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

I bought the Show Chrome full cover and have not used it once. I test fit it and it does work well.
    I also park in the garage every night so no cover needed.

However, at work I am in a parking lot.
    When I bought my Spyder used, for some reason it came with a BRP RSS cover. Believe it or not this works great! Perfect for keeping the sun off the bike and when I come out to go home in 90-100F sunny weather, the bike is never hot and cooking especially the trunks and saddle bags which the 1/2 cover is no good for.

My Spyder is black and just cooks in direct sun. I measured 130F in my rear trunk one day when I went to the store and parked for all of 20 minutes. Not good for things kept inside there!

It's light weight (not good for keeping rain out) and goes on super easy.
    Every morning I put it on in about 1 minute.
    All I had to do was make a hole for the antenna in it and reinforce the hole so it did not rip (use a canvas grommet)
    It covers the entire Spyder except for the front fenders. It has an elastic edge that just pulls over and fits great!

So this RSS cover that came with my Spyder RT, after about 3 years in the sun every weekday, it is finally starting to come apart at the seems near the windshield.

I like it so much I bought another to replace it.

I personally do not like the 1/2 cover for the RT.

This is the cover I am talking about. I know it looks like it wont fit the RT but it does again except for the front fenders. It goes around the front of the frunk and around the bottoms of the saddle bags and rear fender license plate light lip. This keeps it secure in winds up to about 15 MPH or so (So Cal has daily afternoon winds that average this speed). I have never come out and found it blown off the bike.

BRP# 280000338

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-...49b9c9&vxp=mtr

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 02-04-2015 at 09:47 AM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

When my Spyder is at home it is keep in the garage, so no need for a cover. When we travel, I carry a full cover (UltraGard) which is a little larger than the BRP version which works best for me since it will fit over my flags on the rear of the bike. I also carry the cover for my RT622 trailer which I use also. Space is no problem with the trailer and covering both keeps away prying eyes and hands!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

I bought a BRP full cover. I have a 2014RTS-SE6. My spyder is outside all summer. It covers the whole spyder including tires. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    I have the Nelson-Rigg half-cover and it fits very well and I like it a lot. I don't have the BRP cover so I can't compare it.

As an added benefit the cover also fits my Honda NC700X quite nicely.
    "very well", and "quite nicely"... I wonder how it can do that on two so very different bikes?

Spyder Garage

Default Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    "very well", and "quite nicely"... I wonder how it can do that on two so very different bikes?

I will take a picture of the cover on both motorcycles when I get home today.

Charles
    Current:

Wife Has:

Previous:
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks...

Spyder Garage

Wow - prices have soared since I bought my last cover:

Here's the site for a product that I use: http://www.motorcycleshade.com

There's also a couple of Sun Shades on FleaBay for under $20.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default Nelson-Rigg Half-Cover Video

If a picture is worth a thousand words how much is a video worth?

This is my Nelson-Rigg half-cover CAS-375 on our new 2014 RT Limited. Also on my Honda NC700X with a windshield and the "Really Big Butt" trunk on the back.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Charles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1u...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8k2...ature=youtu.be
    Current:

Wife Has:

Previous: