Spyder Garage

Default 2015 Ocean City/Delmarva Bike Week - Anyone Going?

The wife and I usually go to the beach on Assateague island in the car pulling our Aliner camper. This year we will pull a much smaller camper behind our Spyder. It looks like we are going during bike week this year! Anyone else going or have gone before? We have never been to a bike week so pointers and suggestions would be helpful.

We might want to camp someplace else that has electricity as hauling our generator is not a good idea with such a small camper.

Thanks,
    Charles

Spyder Garage

Default Ocean City Bike Week

Hi Charles!
    My M/C has been going for past couple of years.We take the ferry over from Cape May,NJ. I took my Spyder last year.
    There are PLENTY of things to do, from the OC inlet/boardwalk out to Salisbury and everywhere in between. I believe there are some campgrounds off RT 50 before you get into OC. We usually stay at a hotel in Fenwick Island, DE about a block from the MD State line and OC. Each year I see more and more Spyders there!
    73' de AB2ZK
    (Tadgh45)

Spyder Garage

Tadgh45,
    Thanks for the reply, apparently I haven't been checking my own thread, I guess I have to sign up for notifications! I think that with our new little Combi-Camp motorcycle trailer that does not have an air conditioner we will be all right camping at Assateague State Park without electricity, where we usually camp. Without the A/C we won't use much power and can charge our house battery with the 2014 RT within an hour or so of ryding or even idling. If we are out and about most of the days we shouldn't miss the A/C so much, I hope.

Hope to see you there, we will be on our Spyders although when we go to town we may just commute double on her RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadgh45 View Post
    Hi Charles!
    My M/C has been going for past couple of years.We take the ferry over from Cape May,NJ. I took my Spyder last year.
    There are PLENTY of things to do, from the OC inlet/boardwalk out to Salisbury and everywhere in between. I believe there are some campgrounds off RT 50 before you get into OC. We usually stay at a hotel in Fenwick Island, DE about a block from the MD State line and OC. Each year I see more and more Spyders there!
    73' de AB2ZK
    (Tadgh45)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller