Thread: Cannonball Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Cannonball Seat

Has anyone seen or better yet utilized the Cannonball seat that is shown as an option for the F3? My wife has had a surgery which makes seating comfort an extremely high priority. I had a Corbin on a Goldwing many years ago and found it very comparable to an oak plank, This was on a new 1977. Possibly Corbin's ideas have changed since then. I say this because I heard a reference saying that Can Am adheres to the Corbin idea of very firm. Due to the low seat height as well as the leg forward position the F3 looks as if in general it would be comfortable for an old couple, such as my wife and I. Yep this old man still likes hot rods. On a short test ride she found the stock seat on an RT quite comfortable. All suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Default Hang in there..!!

seeing as they are just now arriving to the general public, it may be a bit till all the add ons get reviews. Interestingly I see they already dropped one style windshield. But soon you will see seats available cause that ryding position does require a comfortable seat (driver)...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

If passenger comfort is a high priority then I would not get a F3. A RT would be better for you.

Spyder Garage

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    If passenger comfort is a high priority then I would not get a F3. A RT would be better for you.
    I agree .

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Corbin is still building the Oak Planks as of 2010 when I put one on the RTS.

An added AirHawk R seat cushion might be a lesser expensive solve if you have comfort issues with the F3 seating. You adjust it by air and once you find the sweet spot, you are good to go.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I just love my Airhawk R seat pad. And less air is better... Any ride is one comfortable ride. Try it out first, then consider replacing the seat with a Lazy Boy recliner lol

Spyder Garage

Cool Still a mystery

I almost ordered the Cannonball seat but decided to try the F3S stock seat instead. The pictures of the cannonball look like they are really soft and squishy. Not sure I would feel stable on that. The stock seat for the S is considerably better than the stock F3. I'll probably end up going with Corbin when they come out. Had Corbins on my GS and ST and was really happy with them.

Spyder Garage

Default Cannonball Seat discussion

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingman View Post
    Has anyone seen or better yet utilized the Cannonball seat that is shown as an option for the F3? My wife has had a surgery which makes seating comfort an extremely high priority. I had a Corbin on a Goldwing many years ago and found it very comparable to an oak plank, This was on a new 1977. Possibly Corbin's ideas have changed since then. I say this because I heard a reference saying that Can Am adheres to the Corbin idea of very firm. Due to the low seat height as well as the leg forward position the F3 looks as if in general it would be comfortable for an old couple, such as my wife and I. Yep this old man still likes hot rods. On a short test ride she found the stock seat on an RT quite comfortable. All suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
    I ordered the Cannonballl. It looks comfortable. It looks stylish. I also heard it I is a little larger than stock seat. I sat on standard seat,and felt it was tolerable, but cannonball could be better. IMHO

RON