Thread: Tom in NM

Spyder Garage

Default Tom in NM

Tom,

I noticed a post from you a few days ago. It was nice to see that you are still around, and have been enjoying your Spyder (s). Don't be a stranger.

Spyder Garage

Default Still around . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Tom,

I noticed a post from you a few days ago. It was nice to see that you are still around, and have been enjoying your Spyder (s). Don't be a stranger.
    . . . . and still strange. ( but then, most Spyder riders are to some degree - I just score a "little" higher in that category than 95% of you guys )

I am getting older and my new F3 is probably my last Spyder. I think it will take about 5 years to squeeze all the smiles, grins, and kicks out of it. Maybe 10, it's a great machine!

I hope you are doing well, I've been off the forum too long, it is taking some time to track the old members ( The Classics ) down.

Take care,

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

I'm not an "old member" (2009), but an "older member". I remember you assisting me with I think a GPS download issue. (at least I think that was the problem I was having). I still appreciate what you did for me.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks . . .

. . . . I don't remember exactly what it was either. But, we all need help from time to time, glad I could help.

I always wanted to be Scotty ( Nancy'sToy ) when I grew up. Smart, intelligent, fun, and knowledgeable - and always ready to help out. Of course, I didn't come close, but I can dream.

Tom

Spyder Garage

Welcome back from a newbie.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tom, it's great to see you back. I've often wondered what happened to you. I always appreciated your hospitality on our route 66 trip back in 2010, Great ride up to Sandia Peak. I'll bet you will really enjoy that ride on your new F3.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Default Hi!

Hi Dick,
    Yes, that was a great ride. I tried it yesterday, but didn't make it to the top.

It was 55 degrees and sunny down here in the valley, but while the bottom of the mountain ride had a lot of sun, slush, and sand - about half way up, some clouds formed at the peak, the temp dropped 20 degrees and everything started freeze and frost! It was a blast, but too much ice on the road for the Spyder and not much to see with all the cloud. Even the cars were creeping along at 5 mph.

The F3 did just fine, but by the time we got to the little store at the base (for some great hot cocoa) we both looked like we had been dipped in a batter of salt, slush and sand - then flash frozen. By the time I got home, it looked like I had been off-roading in the mud. It was great!

Actually, I am planning on going out to Acoma Pueblo for lunch today. I wanted to get a picture of the F3 at that overlook that we stopped at and took pictures.

It it is great to see you are still around and if you ever get back, lunch at The Range (or the Route 66 Diner) is on me.

Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    Hi Dick,
    Yes, that was a great ride. I tried it yesterday, but didn't make it to the top.

It was 55 degrees and sunny down here in the valley, but while the bottom of the mountain ride had a lot of sun, slush, and sand - about half way up, some clouds formed at the peak, the temp dropped 20 degrees and everything started freeze and frost! It was a blast, but too much ice on the road for the Spyder and not much to see with all the cloud. Even the cars were creeping along at 5 mph.

The F3 did just fine, but by the time we got to the little store at the base (for some great hot cocoa) we both looked like we had been dipped in a batter of salt, slush and sand - then flash frozen. By the time I got home, it looked like I had been off-roading in the mud. It was great!

Actually, I am planning on going out to Acoma Pueblo for lunch today. I wanted to get a picture of the F3 at that overlook that we stopped at and took pictures.

It it is great to see you are still around and if you ever get back, lunch at The Range (or the Route 66 Diner) is on me.

Tom
    I remember the Diner. I also remember you treated the last time. My treat this time. It would be nice to see you again. I went to the owner's meeting in Durango last year and thought I might see you there but alas....
    In any case, nice to see you're still here.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Default I like people . . . .

. . . . . crowds and gatherings, not so much.

Tom

Spyder Garage

Howdy Tom! Long time no hear. Glad you're still on three wheels.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.