Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wardawg View Post
    Yup....I have had my since April 4th and noticed the vibration beyond 65+. Left side and it seems to be getting worse. But I have noticed that it does not grind when using the cruise control. I have 600 miles on her now and I'm taking her in for her first service this weekend and to get all the accessories I ordered put on her. I will be sure and inform them of this vibration. Feed back coming....
    First service is not until 3000 miles. Still a good time to install accessories and get the vibration on record.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Most Triples have a vibration problem

Talked to a knowledgeable biker who stated that most Triples vibrate around 4000 rpm, and that the vibration magnifies along the belt.

Did a quick google on "vibration and triples" and noted issues with Triumph, BMW, Yamaha, and the Harley-Davidson XL 1200"s.

My solution is to increase or decrease speed or change gears (SM6) - 4000 rpm - 68 mph in 6th gear; downshift into 5th gear - 5000 rpm. The same applies at lower speeds and gears.

Hopefully a better solution in belt adjustments will be found.

Spyder Garage

I also, get that vibration at 65+. Since I have the Garmin tire pressure sensors installed, I have been able to "watch" speed to pressure. Keeping the pressure as close to recommended "during the ride" has removed some of that. I do know for a fact that at 104mph, no vibration with front tires at 15.2psi.

Spyder Garage

Question

With the belt tension unit offered... thought here... you figure that the unit will stop
    some of the vibration/movement but not all, and, you do not want to over-tension the
    belt. What-if the unit was mounted similar to an engine or transmission mount (isolator)
    so the remaining vibrations travel through rubber vs steel/aluminum?

No different than if you took engine mounts in a car and went urethane or solids. There
    is a huge difference just going rubber to urethane in what is transmitted. And with this
    somewhere along the line you still have metal-on-metal. (THOUGHTS?)
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    Victory Vision Tour Premium
    Ducati 900 SS Full-Fairing
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS1000-E (1st Tri-State Area)
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Suzuki GT550 (3Cyl 2-stroke Street)
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Trail 70 (1st year of hand clutch model)
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kenfromhv View Post
    Talked to a knowledgeable biker who stated that most Triples vibrate around 4000 rpm, and that the vibration magnifies along the belt.

Did a quick google on "vibration and triples" and noted issues with Triumph, BMW, Yamaha, and the Harley-Davidson XL 1200"s.

My solution is to increase or decrease speed or change gears (SM6) - 4000 rpm - 68 mph in 6th gear; downshift into 5th gear - 5000 rpm. The same applies at lower speeds and gears.

This is spot on with my experience as well - yesterday I just happened to downshift into 5th gear when vibration started (67-68 mph in 6th gear ) and vibration was significantly reduced.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    Still not acceptable and degrading the enjoyment of a beautiful machine,

Ron
    I absolutely agree with Ron. For the amount of money we shell out for a F3 you can very well expect a smooth ride at ALL rpm...

Spyder Garage

I do agree 200%. There should be no vibration in the unit.

I know everyone is thinking belt (and I'm sure that's part of it but), I still can't help
    think its engine/exhaust related moreso at that 4000rpm-ish sweet spot. Is there
    anyone on here that has changed their exhaust and seen any difference? The harmonic
    felt, honestly feels much more "engine" than "drivetrain" itself.

(Or better put similar to a drone some cars will get at that specific rpm).... Obviously
    this one is felt.
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaamacat View Post

I know everyone is thinking belt (and I'm sure that's part of it but), I still can't help
    think its engine/exhaust related moreso at that 4000rpm-ish sweet spot. Is there
    anyone on here that has changed their exhaust and seen any difference? The harmonic

(Or better put similar to a drone some cars will get at that specific rpm).... Obviously
    this one is felt.
    When bike was picked up had cat removed and it still has a vibration.
    Put cat back on still has vibration.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaamacat View Post

this one is felt.
    I get the vibration between 70 and 75, no matter if I am in 4th, 5th or 6th. Its not engine vibration. Its the belt flappin

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Mine has gotten worse after I hit around 1,000 miles. I am not a picky person but this is getting horrible

Spyder Garage

Default vibration

Quote Originally Posted by Jharpo View Post
    I accepted delivery of my F3S on 1/21/2015 and to date have logged 750 miles. The only complaint I have is the vibration that on my ride starts the buzz in the handlebars and pegs at 64mph gets progressively worse to 72 then starts to lessen and disappears at 74. Does it affect the performance of the bike? No it doesn't. Is it annoying? Absolutely. This is not my first rodeo and I've experienced these harmonic belt vibrations on my 2009 GS, then my 2013 ST Limited. On neither of these Spyders was the vibration as pronounced as it is on the F3. I believe that is probably due to the additional power and torque plus the longer drive belt. I've already had several conversations with Jim at SmoothSpyder, and will be ordering my belt tensioner as soon as they are available. The tensioner on my ST basically reduced the vibration on that motorcycle by 95%. If the tensioner does the same for my F3S, I will be a happy camper. If not, I will learn to accept it as one of the annoying quirks of Spyder ryding. Love my new F3 and I won't let this ruin it for me.
    mine also has the same sound at the above speeds im not to wooried just that it is annoying as soon as someone has a definite solution then ill act it has a warranty its still an awesome ryde i just passed 1000 miles still

Spyder Garage

Think I will dig out my old (2008 old) GoPro Wide and video this thing somehow.... beep the horn when I feel
    the vibrations...etc. Get that puppy just to the left of the belt about as far out as the saddlebag edge
    to be safe.

2008->
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

I just noticed the vibration for the first time this week, also around the 70 mph mark.

Anyone had any new information from their dealers or BRP?
    Ride: 2015 Spyder F3-S SE6, Pure Magnesium Metallic
    Accessories/Mods: Gauge Spoiler, Passenger Short Rail, SmoothSpyder Backrest, BajaRon SwayBar with Heim Joint Links, Lamonster Performance Pipe

Spyder Garage

Default VIBRATION"......

Quote Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
    Has anyone noticed a vibration when you roll on the throttle at 67-75..worst mostly at 69ish-71? It is a pretty strong grinding feeling.

You betcha! And don't let anyone tell you it's normal. IMHO it's mostly belt vibrations/harmonics my 2013 RT AND 2014 RT had it, and it was 95% stopped by Smooth-Spyder belt tensioner ( a vendor on this forum), Capt. Jim is working on one for the F3. Send him an e-mail. Oh, have someone check your belt tension. Should be 750N , plus or minus 75N according to those in the know. An advanced search on vibrations also may be informative.

good luck

Ron

Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER F3 VIBRATION SOLVED

Quote Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
    Has anyone noticed a vibration when you roll on the throttle at 67-75..worst mostly at 69ish-71? It is a pretty strong grinding feeling.

Baker Built Air Wings solved the 65-75 MPH vibration problem on the F3 Spyder. We have installed a spring loaded idler pulley on both top and bottom of the drive belt. We spent time and effort researching and testing on our own new S3 Spyder. We will absolutely guarantee this new dual pulley system to solve up to 90% of your 65-75 MPH vibration problems or your money back including shipping. We will be offering a special introduction for the top & bottom system for only $225.00. We will be offering free installation on the new F3 Belt Stabilizer at Spyder Jam at Cowtown Cuba, Mo on June 10-13.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Well I have it too

Took my new f3s out for a 50 mile trip and at 63 or so I feels like I'm riding a blender full of rocks... For 23k this sucks

I will start the documentation process soon and most likely make a lemon law claim if it is not fixed

mark
    Last edited by Nyparrothead; 05-24-2015 at 09:46 PM.
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Default Lemon law question

I bought the f3 while I lived in NY at a dealer in CT. I am in the process of moving to NW Iowa and will be using a dealer in MN for service. If I end up making a claim under the lemon law, what state would I do it in....

i have no no faith that BRP it going to address this issue and will say it's "normal"

mark
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wing Guy View Post

Baker Built Air Wings solved the 65-75 MPH vibration problem on the F3 Spyder. We have installed a spring loaded idler pulley on both top and bottom of the drive belt. We spent time and effort researching and testing on our own new S3 Spyder. We will absolutely guarantee this new dual pulley system to solve up to 90% of your 65-75 MPH vibration problems or your money back including shipping. We will be offering a special introduction for the top & bottom system for only $225.00. We will be offering free installation on the new F3 Belt Stabilizer at Spyder Jam at Cowtown Cuba, Mo on June 10-13.
    If someone with the bad vibration/grinding installs one of these, please give us your thoughts.
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Spyder Garage

I'll wait for SmoothSpyder to launch his. He is working on it.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by capt.jim View Post
    I have a tensioner in the works for the F3, along with a backrest.
    I took the demo from my dealer for a 35 mile ride and the vibration was quite pronounced, my wife even noticed.
    My demo was set in Kilometers and it was around 123-125 which converted to 76-77 MPH.
    My magnesium SM should be here any day, I can hardly wait!
    My LG headset that I had worn around my neck for a year blew off and got ran over in the first mile, I haven't even taken delivery and it's already costing me. It was worth it though.

Any updates on the F3 belt tensioner?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Vibs at 67-75 MPH

I have just gotten a 2015 RT Limted have the same issues. Vibration at roll on. I've got it in the 3800 to 4100/4200 rpm range. Dealer said it might be the clutch in a transistion vib range. I to can roll on and get it. 1330 CC engine with 6 speed auto trans.
    dukeblue48

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The more of your postings with that new Blue...Damn that is a great look! (We may now return to
    our regularly scheduled program)

2008->
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I just got the first finished prototype which I will test riding with the wounded warriors on their way to Key West.

Spyder Garage

Default Relieved

New to this forum, new F3S, old vibration problem. I was making plans to take my F3 back to the dealer after taking a long ride yesterday, and was able to isolate the conditions my vibration comes and goes. Using cruise control to get exact rpm and speed. My vibration only occurs at 3800-4100 RPM in 5th and 6th gear. It comes and goes, as many have already mentioned. I am leaving on a 2500 miles trip with 4 other guys each riding their bikes. I was pretty bummed after riding yesterday thinking I was not able to go with the new machine because the engine had a bad vibration. I thought I would come to a Spyder forum for answers before going to the dealer, and found this thread. Needless to say, I am quite relieved to read that this not an engine problem, and I'm not alone with this problem. From reading this thread at least we are moving closer to a solution. I'll be able to go on my trip, and feel much more comfortable about it. I got my Spyder 2 weeks ago and have 700 miles on it now, and really enjoy the ride. I have been very involved in online forums in the past, and have really benefited from them over the years, so I decided to join this one.
    Thanx!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kenfromhv View Post

Totally agree with the downshift theory. I also notice the vibration in 5th around 58-60 mph. Looks like best two options so far is to downshift or power through it. Would be nice if we could just ignore it but