Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Agreed . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    the vibration that people are talking about are on the F3 and either not all of us have it or not all of us are bothered by it -- not sure which.
    . . . I don't feel anything unusual or disturbing at any of the speeds mentioned on my F3 - and I have looked. Given the number of comments, something may be going on - but, there may be a personal factor besides the belt tension or harmonics, like weight on the bike, that turns something natural into something disturbing. Tire balancing and wheel alignment could also be contributing factors.

All I can recommend is to note all the conditions it takes to create the effect and have your Spyder tech recreate them when he checks it out. Or, have another Spyder-rider test it to see what they feel.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom in NM; 03-17-2015 at 02:12 PM.
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Are those of you who sound so unhappy with this vibration new to motorcycles?

I have had a couple of bikes and have ridden several more. The vibration/grinding that I feel is not the typical vibration I've felt on other bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by wishey1 View Post
    ...well, this is a concern for me. I was suppose to go down this morning and purchase an RT.

but, in light of what I read about the vibration I'm backing off. I don't understand why I study
    about the can-am for 6 mths. then decide to get one and the day I'm to get it I read about a
    God aweful vibration at highway speed.

Would this his have been a deal breaker for you all if you would have known about the vibration ?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! It's annoying and a bummer when I'm in that zone, but the rest of the bike is fantastic and I would NOT think twice at getting the F3!

the vibration that people are talking about are on the F3 and either not all of us have it or not all of us are bothered by it -- not sure which.
    Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    An RT is a different animal! This discussion is centred around the F3 and thus you should go and get your RT!
    I'm going to go with Lamont's opinion and advice. He is a totally reliable authority on this Spyder.
    I expect I'll get the same after a few hundred miles on my F3 (when it bloody well gets here!) but forewarned is
    forearmed and I may well get the belt tension checked and adjusted as necessary until it, and the rest of the F3,
    has broken in. TBH, if it proves to be the nature of the beast then I'll happily live with it.

You're spot on, OJ. If this is just what the bike does, then so be it. I'm actually off to the dealership today and was going to have them take a look and see if the belt specs were within limits. I'd be curious their take on it. Again, this is a great bike with just an annoying vibration/grinding at around 67-72mph (for me) mainly during acceleration but still a bit at constant speed. Maybe when the pain of my constant grinning while ryding fades away I may be more concerned but I'm not sure that will ever happen!
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    I have had a couple of bikes and have ridden several more. The vibration/grinding that I feel is not the typical vibration I've felt on other bikes.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! It's annoying and a bummer when I'm in that zone, but the rest of the bike is fantastic and I would NOT think twice at getting the F3!

You're spot on, OJ. If this is just what the bike does, then so be it. I'm actually off to the dealership today and was going to have them take a look and see if the belt specs were within limits. I'd be curious their take on it. Again, this is a great bike with just an annoying vibration/grinding at around 67-72mph (for me) mainly during acceleration but still a bit at constant speed. Maybe when the pain of my constant grinning while ryding fades away I may be more concerned but I'm not sure that will ever happen!
    I have had the privilege of riding three F3 and all of them had the same vibration described and it came on at about 67 mph and went away around 72 mph just like what was stated above. To me it feels like your running over the alert bumps they put in roads to let you know your coming to a stop sign.

I hope BRP is listening and comes up with a solution to fix this. This is not normal and should be fixed.

Spyder Garage

Default ...ok, I'm an owner...

...I really appreciate you guys for pouring your knowledge and hearts out. In the end

I went with a can-am!! Going to post about it now in the rt forum...

thanks again...

Spyder Garage

Default YUP

YUP, AND I'M WILLING TO BET ANY1 A COFFEE THAT IT'S DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE 'KENDA' TIRES......
    IT'S LIKE RIDING ON A WASH-BOARD..... a very fast vibration....
    any1 take my bet......?????
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Default I may not be smart . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    YUP, AND I'M WILLING TO BET ANY 1 A COFFEE . . . .
    . . . . . but, Dan, I know enough to not bet against you.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Default congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by wishey1 View Post
    ...I really appreciate you guys for pouring your knowledge and hearts out. In the end

I went with a can-am!! Going to post about it now in the rt forum...

thanks again...

Welcome to the Spyderhood
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    YUP, AND I'M WILLING TO BET ANY1 A COFFEE THAT IT'S DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE 'KENDA' TIRES......
    IT'S LIKE RIDING ON A WASH-BOARD..... a very fast vibration....
    any1 take my bet......?????
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S

Hmmm, I may take that bet! Went to the dealer and they took it out for a ride. They said, "Yup, it's the belt vibrating". They did mention they could loosen it up a bit but it would still vibrate but at a lower speed. I agree because I rode two up with my 14 year son (by the way, he's hooked!!!) anyway with two up it was vibrating/grinding at around 50-55mph. Harmonic vibration changed due to weight/stress on the bike.
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default vibration

I get the same vibration/grinding sensation at the same speeds, only when accelerating though that speed range. It's brief, but noticeable.
    Thanks for posting. I will bring it to my dealerships attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
    Tom - Thanks for the detailed response! That does not really describe what I am feeling. I need to take it to the dealer one of the days they are open and it is above freezing! Mine is very consistent. Starting at around 65 and most prevalent between 69-71 just rolling on the throttle causes a very noticeable vibration that lasts 1.5-3 seconds...I am hesitant to take it to the dealer because that means they need to test ride it and I don't want anyone riding my bike!

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default same here

Guys i have probably the same problem. I am not sure at what speed, but the engine or tge bike is great till i am in 5th or 6th arround 3800rpm -4300rpm... That it dissapears.. The feeling is bit like, the bike would like to go appart.. True is, that i have arround 120miles only yet.. But i am not happy about it

Spyder Garage

it's the long belt. it's totally in your control to speed up or slow down so that you're not driving in the vibration zone.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

it's the long belt. it's totally in your control to speed up or slow down so that you're not driving in the vibration zone.
    We should not have to drive out of the vibration. BRP needs to fix this, our bikes aren't some cheap China made bikes, we all payed over 20k for our bikes so there is no excuse for this.

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer responseee

Hi,

Has anyone taken their F3 in to the dealer and had them address this issue, if so what was their reply. I am due to take delivery on my F3S in a couple weeks and this has me concerned.

Mark
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone taken their F3 in to the dealer and had them address this issue, if so what was their reply. I am due to take delivery on my F3S in a couple weeks and this has me concerned.

Mark
    Any chance you are purchasing bike in Mineola?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnny pop View Post
    Any chance you are purchasing bike in Mineola?
    No chance.. The dealers on LI suck ! I went to CT

mark
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Default Vibration at 67-75 MPH on F3-S

Has anyone noticed a vibration when you roll on the throttle at 67-75..worst mostly at 69ish-71? It is a pretty strong grinding feeling.
    Definitely feel the vibration when accelerating from 67 mph to 72 mph. Have a little over 1,200 miles on the bike and it's had this vibration from the beginning. Almost feels like running over small speed bumps?

Dropping the F3s at the dealers next Friday to install heated grips and some driving lights, I'll have them check it out while it's there.

If they have anything to fix this minor problem, I'll post a report.

Seems to me like this machine could benefit from a belt tension/idler roller of some sort?

John C
    Peyton
    CO USA

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Definitely feel the vibration when accelerating from 67 mph to 72 mph. Have a little over 1,200 miles on the bike and it's had this vibration from the beginning. Almost feels like running over small speed bumps?

Dropping the F3s at the dealers next Friday to install heated grips and some driving lights, I'll have them check it out while it's there.

If they have anything to fix this minor problem, I'll post a report.

Seems to me like this machine could benefit from a belt tension/idler roller of some sort?

John C
    Peyton
    CO USA
    Lets count, how many people having a vibration problem,

Spyder Garage

Default Vibes

Has anyone noticed a vibration when you roll on the throttle at 67-75..worst mostly at 69ish-71? It is a pretty strong grinding feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by capt.jim View Post
    I have a tensioner in the works for the F3, along with a backrest.
    I took the demo from my dealer for a 35 mile ride and the vibration was quite pronounced, my wife even noticed.
    My demo was set in Kilometers and it was around 123-125 which converted to 76-77 MPH.
    My magnesium SM should be here any day, I can hardly wait!
    My LG headset that I had worn around my neck for a year blew off and got ran over in the first mile, I haven't even taken delivery and it's already costing me. It was worth it though.
    I have pronounced vibrations in 6th gear at 3000 RPM AND ABOVE, makes freeway riding unpleasant. I am on the waiting list for Capt. Jim's belt tensioner Also BRP says they are looking for a fix. BRP Says belt tension should be set at 750N,+\~150N
    Ron

Spyder Garage

yep exact speed only on acceleration, im with ya

Spyder Garage

Default Re: your vibrartion

Hi,
    i have an f3 that his is as slick, powerful and smooth,as you'd expect from that kcaliber of machine, right up to 67-75,af which point it becomes as a machine with worn out ball bearings and square wheels !

ron

Spyder Garage

On my first ride(s) with the F3 this weekend, 160m & 170m days, I did notice a vibration at just about
    3800-3900 RPM. I'll have to check it again this coming weekend and compare the RPMs, sound, and play
    in 5th and 6th. (It sounds more like engine harmonics to me and not in the driveline/belt...etc)
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    Victory Vision Tour Premium
    Ducati 900 SS Full-Fairing
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS1000-E (1st Tri-State Area)
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Suzuki GT550 (3Cyl 2-stroke Street)
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Trail 70 (1st year of hand clutch model)
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

Drove my new F3 home from Spyderfest. Now have about 800 miles on the bike. Belt has loosened a bit with break in and the vibration point has come down the scale. When new it was at about 73 or 74. Now its in the 71, 72 range. But it is significantly more belt vibration that what my 13 RT had before the smoothspyder tensioner. I also note that my belt is riding right against the flange on the rear sprocket but its not enough to leave black marks or wear the belt edge, my RT did the same for 8500 miles.

I look forward to a solution for this. A small annoyance on an otherwise fabulous bike.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Harmonic

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It's not a problem with manufacturing... It's just a harmonic vibration from the belt. Pretty much inevitable with any belt drive setup.
    Still not acceptable and degrading the enjoyment of a beautiful machine,

Ron

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    Still not acceptable and degrading the enjoyment of a beautiful machine,

Ron

100% agree. Especially being in the sweet-spot for highway cruising. (We need someone with a dyno
    rack to run it on and observe for some better analysis)
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    Victory Vision Tour Premium
    Ducati 900 SS Full-Fairing
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS1000-E (1st Tri-State Area)
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Suzuki GT550 (3Cyl 2-stroke Street)
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Trail 70 (1st year of hand clutch model)
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Same here...

Yup....I have had my since April 4th and noticed the vibration beyond 65+. Left side and it seems to be getting worse. But I have noticed that it does not grind when using the cruise control. I have 600 miles on her now and I'm taking her in for her first service this weekend and to get all the accessories I ordered put on her. I will be sure and inform them of this vibration. Feed back coming....