Spyder Garage

Default 2013 st sway bar

Anyone ever change there factory sway bar. Just seems that the front end dips down to easy. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Oh yeah..!!

hundreds... one of the best mods you can do and if you search it here you will get tons of reviews on the changes and effects...all good..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The sway bar is probably the single best mod you can do on your Spyder.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    The sway bar is probably the single best mod you can do on your Spyder.
    No truer words have been spoken on this forum.
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Friend has a 2013 ST and I have 2012 RS SE5. We put the swaybars on the same day in his garage. Putting them on the ST is a big job, mainly because you have to get the front end of the ST so high off the ground. If you have the right equipment it would be better. We used a jack and cinder blocks and plywood, alternating each side until we got it high enough. It was pretty comical but we got the job done. He noticed a big difference on the ST after the install. The RS was pretty simple compared to that but we did not notice a drastic change for the RS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    My Friend has a 2013 ST and I have 2012 RS SE5. We put the swaybars on the same day in his garage. Putting them on the ST is a big job, mainly because you have to get the front end of the ST so high off the ground. If you have the right equipment it would be better. We used a jack and cinder blocks and plywood, alternating each side until we got it high enough. It was pretty comical but we got the job done. He noticed a big difference on the ST after the install. The RS was pretty simple compared to that but we did not notice a drastic change for the RS.
    It is a matter of degrees. The 2013/14 ST/RS/RSS models REALLY need a lot of Sway Bar help. So you will see a great deal of improvement there.

The 2008-2012 RS/RSS models need sway bar help too, but not as much. The difference is still significant, but not as dramatic as for other models that needed more help to start with.

The real eye opener is when you get accustomed to riding the improved sway bar and then ride a stock Spyder. That will get your attention!

Have Fun This Summer!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default F3-S

Ron just wondering have you heard from Lamont or anyone else if they feel the need for a Baja Ron bar? Are you going to make one? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It is a matter of degrees. The 2013/14 ST/RS/RSS models REALLY need a lot of Sway Bar help. So you will see a great deal of improvement there.

The 2008-2012 RS/RSS models need sway bar help too, but not as much. The difference is still significant, but not as dramatic as for other models that needed more help to start with.

The real eye opener is when you get accustomed to riding the improved sway bar and then ride a stock Spyder. That will get your attention!

Have Fun This Summer!
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NM Wrench View Post
    Ron just wondering have you heard from Lamont or anyone else if they feel the need for a Baja Ron bar? Are you going to make one? Just wondering.
    I have not looked into the F3 yet. If a bar will help it, I will make one.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spideybuffal0 View Post
    Anyone ever change there factory sway bar. Just seems that the front end dips down to easy. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks
    Make sure you buy the Baja Ron sway bar and not the one that BRP offers. You will notice a big difference in the corners.
    Ron is a spyder lovers site sponsor. You can also buy his Sway bar through Value Accessories also a site sponsor just go to the home page scroll down and click on one of the Ads also don't forget to get the upgraded aluminum links.

Spyder Garage

We put one on my wife's old 09 RS as well as her 13 STL. She said that she sees a big difference. It is not a hard job to do, you just have to get the font end high enough off the ground. If you are stuck and want to do the 5 hour drive to my place we can put it on together. I have all the tools needed. Although, your dealer should be able to put it on as well. If you don't get it done until the fall, make a trip to Spyderquest in September and you can get it done there.