Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OK ... I was riding in the Swiss Alps and noticed that in Europe, France in particular, they raise their right leg in lieu of a hand wave.

That's right. A sort of "I fart in your general direction" wave. I do knot lie.

I thought it was so funny then I tried to reciprocate. Not at all as easy as a hand wave ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig View Post
    OK ... I was riding in the Swiss Alps and noticed that in Europe, France in particular, they raise their right leg in lieu of a hand wave.

That's right. A sort of "I fart in your general direction" wave. I do knot lie.

I thought it was so funny then I tried to reciprocate. Not at all as easy as a hand wave ...

It's called 'The Boot' and is in no way detrimental. It is what GP riders do to say 'Thanks' to another rider for an act of courtesy during a race,
    when to remove hands from the bars would mean lost time....the right foot being used for the rear brake. It can be done with either foot
    and in the UK the left boot is quite common.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mudmarine View Post
    I wave at all motorcycles. I'm not pickey. Here in Texas on the back roads, I wave a farmers on their tractors, people checking their mail boxes, even cars. I wave because of the joy I have still being able to ride.

God Bless
    I tend to do the same. Maybe not cars unless they look right at me at slow speds. Kids in cars are fun. Why not ? I agree with his last line. .... I still able to ride, not as much as before, but stil some
    Ride safe and have fun
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner