Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Muffler -- 2011 RT - Bummed out

I had a 2-bros muffler installed by PitBull less than 14000 miles, less than 2 years old, have a hole punctured in the muffler.
    I need to replace the muffler. I enjoy reading spyder lovers with such great information, and really enjoy going to spyder fest.
    Still having a difficult time choosing a muffler. I will not go back to 2-bros again, even though I like the sound. Replacing mufflers every two years is not an option I like. I saw Micron, Yoshimura R-77, and Hinder seems to be most common choices. I like a little sound ( more than stock ), but most important reliability. Need help deciding.

Thanks in advance for you help.

If Micron, what model for 2011 RT-S?

Spyder Garage

Spyder Attitude. Iv had mine 2 years an still looks and sounds great.
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Spyder Garage

Default Pipes..!!

have dealt with a lot of pipes in my time. Many great ones no longer around here anyway but a great one that is is Yoshimura. I have patched and rebuilt my Hindle several times and it has been good for 2+ years but time to move on. I have ordered the yoshi 77 have heard good things about them...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile Correction -- I applogize

Somehow my mind was thinking Pitbull when I was writing this. I meant Cowtown in Cuba. Sorry. I blame it on old age.
    Thanks for your reply. Looks like I will go with either the Spyder Attitude or Yoshimura R-77. Time to shop.
    Is there any spyder sponsors that sell either of these mufflers? Would like to support them instead of ebay or amazon.

Spyder Garage

Some mufflers, like the 2 Bros. and many others, require repacking at intervals. If this is not done in a timely manner, the packing goes away and allows focused exhaust to hit one portion of the external can. Over time you'll get a hole there and need a new muffler.

Repacking can give you many more years of service on this type of muffler.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I have a 2 bros single and needed a repack after 5k mikes. Kits are cheap.

Spyder Garage

r77 here sounds grate after i took out the baffell,too quite with it in.but the other muffler the other poster said is much cheaper and is on the front page .attuied or something like that.

Spyder Garage

Default For Sale

I have a 2013 ST and installed a Yoshimura 77 last summer with only 500 miles ridden on it. Was too quiet for me, but I did'nt remove the baffles. If it will fit your RT I will sell at a good price. PM me and we can discuss.

Spyder Garage

If you want LOUD SpyderAttatude has what you want and yes they are a vendor. Go to the Home page and scroll down to the performance section.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue