Spyder Garage

Default "...with chrome accents.

I apologize if this has already been on this forum, but I didn't see it.
    Does anyone know what the "chrome accents" are on the F3-S Steel Black Metallic that drives the MSRP up by $1,000?
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slagiatt View Post
    I apologize if this has already been on this forum, but I didn't see it.
    Does anyone know what the "chrome accents" are on the F3-S Steel Black Metallic that drives the MSRP up by $1,000?
    It more than just chrome check out the link with the differences http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/spyder/...3-s/specs.html

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks, but...

I still can't find any specific info on what the difference is, for example, between the Steel Black Metallic with Chrome Accents and, say, the Magneseum version (which is $1000 less MSRP than the Black.) Couldn't find that info on the link you sent.
    Thanks, though...it's possible I'm just missing the fine print.
    What I'd really like is a specific list of what these "chrome accents" entail.
    F3S Steel Black Metallic

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I still can't find any specific info on what the difference is, for example, between the Steel Black Metallic with Chrome Accents and, say, the Magneseum version (which is $1000 less MSRP than the Black.) Couldn't find that info on the link you sent.
    Thanks, though...it's possible I'm just missing the fine print.
    What I'd really like is a specific list of what these "chrome accents" entail.
    I went back to the BRP site and I see what you mean "chrome accents" My mistake and I apologize.
    I could not find a list.I will attempt to make one. I initially looked in my 2015 brochure and it does not mention the Steel Black metallic /Chrome package just the steel black metallic but the link I posted mentions the package.
    Chrome accents : wheels, exhaust trim, chrome bracket where frame tubes attach,chrome wind deflector trim on top of dash,chrome piece in the front grille and chrome air scoop cover where fog lights sit . I can only see a picture of the right side of the F3. In my 2015 accessory book it only states that the chrome frame caps,pulley cover and TMC cover are available not that they are included with the steel black metallic/chrome color option.

Hope this helps a little

Spyder Garage

Default Think I figured it out...

If you start a build for an F3-S on the BRP site, when you click on the color choices, the Steel black metallic does show extra chrome both on the side, the muffler, and up near where the windshield would be. I just clicked back and forth between colors and it became obvious. However...I have sent a request for a specific list to BRP through their customer service link. If I get an answer from them, I'll post it. (Sure hope that little bit of chrome is not what they're charging $1,000 for...)

Thanks for all of your effort and help!
    F3S Steel Black Metallic

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It would be a lot better if BRP would be consistent when providing print and electronic information.
    I agree with you for a$1000.00 extra I would want more chrome included. I would hope the fat 6 spoke chrome wheels would be included in the $1000.00 extra.

Spyder Garage

Come on - this is BRP! They want $1000 for the RT floorboards! $500 for a driver's backrest...
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

You likes the shiney stuff, most likely, your gonna pay.

I wish I had more chrome on mine also, the $2K extra for the LTD, was a no deal the last time around. I got the plastic chrome trim and the black spoked wheels.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default That is it

If you start a build for an F3-S on the BRP site, when you click on the color choices, the Steel black metallic does show extra chrome both on the side, the muffler, and up near where the windshield would be. I just clicked back and forth between colors and it became obvious. However...I have sent a request for a specific list to BRP through their customer service link. If I get an answer from them, I'll post it. (Sure hope that little bit of chrome is not what they're charging $1,000 for...)

Thanks for all of your effort and help!
    I requested black with chrome, will come next month. So changed to magnesium.
    My dealer showed me where are the chrome pieces are, exactly what you mentioned.
    if you these parts later, it will not cost that much.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet