Spyder Garage

Default 12v front cargo adapter for GS/RS installation

So i tried to find some info on installing this thing and the differences between the 2 plugs (front trunk and non front trunk) but not really much luck. I thought i should pass on what i have learned now that the job is complete.

First there is no difference in the plugs i see. I would just get a $10 one off Ebay vs. 30 from can am or Amazon which i did. It did come with nice instructions from Can Am. About 2 pages and 10 pictures on how to remove the trunk, then one picture and one sentence that says plug in the adapter lol.

It is not necessary to spend an hour or whatever removing all the body panels and the trunk to install this part. If you can reach your hand up underneath the vehicle and behind the frunk you will feel the two wires just sitting there waiting to be plugged in (why didnt they just include the $5 adapter?). Since i have the trunk liner which has a hole in it for the 12v plug i just used it to line up where to drill the hole in the trunk. I drilled the hole, reached up underneath and slipped the nut on the wires so its just hanging on them. Then feed the two wires through the hole (there is just enough slack) and plug it into the adapter. Put the adapter barely into the hole, reach up underneath and screw the nut which is hanging on the wires to the back of the plug. Once you get in on you can push the plug in all the way and screw the nut tight. Whole thing took about 10 minutes. Dont forget some have to add a fuse in the front fuse box i think it was slot 7 but cant remember, its says accesorries and was 3 amps.

Now i can charge my phone (or other items) while riding and actually since i have bluetooth helmet i just leave it in the frunk playing my music or GPS. I also am looking for a little 12v light to keep in the frunk just in case.

guess someone can move this post, didnt realize there was a how to section, there is an everything section on this forum actually which i did not realize lol sorry
    Last edited by latony007; 01-22-2015 at 08:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Forget the 12v light, get a couple of these at HF, usually they are free with or without a purchase. http://www.harborfreight.com/27-led-...ght-60566.html

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    Forget the 12v light, get a couple of these at HF, usually they are free with or without a purchase. http://www.harborfreight.com/27-led-...ght-60566.html
    LOL thats so funny, i ordered 2 of these last night! thanks for the advice, great minds think alike. I did still get this $5 rechargeable flashlight that plugs into the 12v outlet as well in case the batteries run out on these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191458269236...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT