Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default need a little help.

Where in the operators book does it say front tire rotate is to be done at 4500 miles. My dealer sucks and I can not find where it says that!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would keep your money in your pocket and save it for new tires. Are you experiencing uneven wear? Rotating the tires just seems to move your problem from one side to the other. Money would be better spent on a laser alignment.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you ..just talked with brp and they told me I no longer have a warranty on my 2014 sts and ended the call!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greatrides View Post
    Thank you ..just talked with brp and they told me I no longer have a warranty on my 2014 sts and ended the call!

Explain to us what happened here??

2014 With no warranty left??

What happened?

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

No warranty? It's a minimum of two years, even if you purchased a 14 when they first arrived (11/13), you should be covered until 11/15. If it's really a 13, purchased in 14, that could be the answer.

Still, laser align it with new tires.....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My dealer sucks!! From new my spyder had front end vibration noise in front and would not turn into a corner with out falling over and the has smell. Took it to the dealer having only owned for 3 weeks 1000 miles for them to look at noise has smell and. I did not have them do 600 mile service because I do it all myself and keep all paper work of what I do. Did it that way on my last one too. The spyder is in the shop has been in the shop since December 23rd With a long list of things. Tires oil leak loss wind screen so on and so on. The dealer said it does not have an oil leak but it does have pics. Called brp today to see what is next step and they said you did not have dealer do 600 miles service you have no warranty call is do! I said what she said we are done and call was ended! So that is as short as I can make this story.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    No warranty? It's a minimum of two years, even if you purchased a 14 when they first arrived (11/13), you should be covered until 11/15. If it's really a 13, purchased in 14, that could be the answer.

Bought it 2014 and had/has a best 3 year warranty.

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Dealer first service is 3,000 miles.... NOT 600 miles... look in your owners manual.. it clearly states... 3,000 miles for first service...

osm

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    Dealer first service is 3,000 miles.... NOT 600 miles... look in your owners manual.. it clearly states... 3,000 miles for first service...

osm
    It's an sts so you have first oil change at 600 miles.

Spyder Garage

Find a new dealer, looks like a strong dealer gets more out of BRP.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=greatrides;926274]Where in the operators book does it say front tire rotate is to be done at 4500 miles. My dealer sucks and I can not find where it says that![/QUO

It is unfortunate you have a dealer that is not customer service oriented. I had one like that in Omaha also but found another Spyder dealer in Atlantic, IA that is customer/service oriented. As some others on the blog said, yu need to find a new dealer ASAP. sorry, but been there, done that.
    THE BIG F

Spyder Garage

Ouch, ouch, and ouch.

Tire Rotation: the opinion seems to be no rotation of front tires. As Ann mentioned, it only transfers any alignment problems to the other wheel.

Warranty Issues: Help through another dealer might be a good way to go. Some dealers are very customer unfriendly and lacking in service ability. You seem to have found one.

Still not getting what year you have. Is it a 2013 or a 2014? There have been a lot of programs on both years that gave an extended Best warranty for two years beyond the standard warranty. Surprised that you did not get something like that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Ouch, ouch, and ouch.

Tire Rotation: the opinion seems to be no rotation of front tires. As Ann mentioned, it only transfers any alignment problems to the other wheel.

Warranty Issues: Help through another dealer might be a good way to go. Some dealers are very customer unfriendly and lacking in service ability. You seem to have found one.

Still not getting what year you have. Is it a 2013 or a 2014? There have been a lot of programs on both years that gave an extended Best warranty for two years beyond the standard warranty. Surprised that you did not get something like that.

It's a 2014 with best 3 year!!

Spyder Garage

Default Directional Tires

Be careful rotating tires. Some tires (like mine) are one direction of rotation. Look on the sidewall for that information. If you rotate them, they will be going the wrong way.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

It's a 2014 with best 3 year!!
    You should still have a warranty going on. Don't know what is going on with what BRP told you. Did dealer fail to register your machine when sold to you?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I do all my oil changes and I still have a warranty.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I do all my oil changes and I still have a warranty.
    I did all of my oil changes on my last one and it was never an issues and it had 35000 miles on it when I traded it in for this one! I don't get it and don't have the energy for this! What you going to do!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just talked to the dealer again and they are going to check to see why brp told me that. All of this for an oil leak and a vibration in the front bars!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just talked to the dealer again and they are going to check to see why brp told me that. All of this for an oil leak and a vibration in the front bars!
    That's encouraging.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing (or doesn't care).

You do not endanger you warranty by doing your own service as long as you keep records. Date, mileage and receipts are all you really need.

I agree with those saying it's a waste of time and money to rotate your tires. It's a lot of work and expense. If your alignment, balance and tire pressures are within specs then you're going to get great mileage from your tires.

If any of these parameters are off then you can rotate them all you want and they still aren't going to last.

Let us know how this turns out.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..!!

to rotate rotational tires you will need to remove them and re-mount them. This will also mean re-balancing them. As mentioned your better of getting an alignment and rolling on. I had squared away do a laser alignment about 8,000 miles ago and the wear has pretty much evened out. I now have 25,000+ miles and tires are doing fine...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default But!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

But my '13 came with a 4 year warranty. I figured because they were having so much trouble with them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Talked to the dealer today and they are no help so I called brp back and this time I got the you have a 3 year on this spyder...... Ron you said it the right hand has no clue what the left is doing!