Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Team Powersports in Garner

Well, I have been hearing for a while that Team powersports in Garner was going to become a spyder dealer. Well, I know now that it is true. They should have units in for sale (they say) by March, but they are suppose to be doing service now. I have been on a couple of demo rides with them on their Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Honda days. They also do a lot of open house events, and I have always been pleased. I never bought a bike from them, or had them do service, but I have purchased gear from them before. Again, I say, always very pleased with them.
    Well, today, I went by, and they had a F3 in stock for test rides. I was asked by an employee would I like to take it for a test ride? I was excited and said yes, gave him my info., and waited for him to return with a tag. Well, evidently they changed their mind, because the guy came back and said he couldn't find any screws to mount the plate to the bike and so I would have to come back later for a test ride . That kind of pissed me off a little, considering I was one of only about 4 customers in the entire place. I let it slide, and went to talk to the service person. This is the same department that quoted me a $250 first service on my 2014 RT, but then said that they didn't have the oil or filter. I ask if they had their oil change kit in for the 2014 RT's , and that I had called a few days ago and was told that it was on order. The person acted as if he didn't know what I was talking about, but then told me that it was on order and that it should be in "any day". So, I asked if they had the computer equipment to do the necessary test, and if they had an experienced tech. The service manager seemed as if I had insulted him by asking if they had these items in place. I told him, call themselves a service dept., but don't have oil and filters, why should I expect them to have anything else in house. Needless to say, I was NOT PLEASED with todays visit. Also, he now says that the $250 figure that he gave me for a first service is about $100 too low, but he will try to get it done for the $250 figure since he had said they could do it for that.
    I hope the rest of you have better service than I did today. Weather should be nice tomorrow, so I may try again tomorrow with different people.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

May be a little early to expect them to have their act together.

A lot goes into bringing in a new brand. Hopefully they will embrace it in such a way that they know the machine, the right hand knows what the left hand is doing, and they will have proper parts to sell and service the machines.

Give them 30 to 60 days once they get up and running. Hopefully the review will have turned around 180 degrees.

I even had difficulty with oil change kits on my new 2014 Ace 1330 last year. Ended up buying two from Pitbull/Springfield MO, in the interim.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Look West, Young Man!

I had the 3,000 mile service on my 2014 RT-S done this morning at Honda of Winston-Salem. Cost was $255 and change and I was out in two hours and small minutes. Service shop has an area with cafe stools and tables where one can watch the techs work on everything.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, I went back to Garner (Team Powersports) today. As I walked in, they immediately know what I wanted. I explained to the guy that came up to me that I didn't get to ride yesterday because "he couldn't attach the tag". He gave me a strange look, and I told him "so you think he is full of crap too". He goes right out and attach the tag and tells me that someone will be right with me for a test ride. I waited 45 minutes, and then the original guy from yesterday comes up and says he is with someone and asked if another guy who had been sitting, and looking out the window, could follow me for the test ride. This guy explained that he is waiting on another customer that just called and said he was coming in. By now, I am sick of this place and just need to leave before I loose my cool. I head over to Triangle Cycles in Durham and ask them if they can make me an appointment to have my service done. They ask me how soon, and would I like it done today? The mechanic takes about 15 minutes to finish up his current bike, and jumps right to mine. 1 hour and 50 minutes later, he is done. $217 total, and the BRP oil and filter was only $70. These are the same guys that installed my fog lights at a good deal. I must say, I think I have found a good dealership to work with. Even though they told me that my next service isn't until about 9k more miles on the bike, that if I bring it in, they would check it over for me at around 5k.
    In short, my 3k mile service cost me $217, and I think I have found a charm in the triangle when it comes to can am service.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thank you for a good write up on your dealer experiences. You did well keeping your cool twice before walking into another dealer. Deciding to spend your dollars at another dealer is the best way to handle it. Very fair write up. Please continue to share your experiences.