Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool Bajaron Sway Bar

I am not an experience 2 wheels or 3 wheels rider, lol. I purchased my 2011 Spyder RT Limited last few months ago, and put approximately 300 miles on it. For that period of time, I was not really feeling the ride stable, ie. felt mushy and very "white knuckles on the semi tight turns. I read the forum, and what an upgraded sway bar will do for me. I had Power Coleman in Woodbridge, VA installed the new Bajaron swaybar. It took the tech approximately 1.45 minutes. The tech test rode the Spyder and felt a difference on the ride. The bike was much better on turns but he thought that on really tight turns, he thought the front wheel will raise on a tight curve. (I believe the feeling was on a really aggressive turn) Other than that, he liked the swaybar. Well I rode the bike, and felt the ride much nicer. I am not a aggressive driver and took some tight curves at the speed limit or a few mph more and Nanny did not bother me. I even felt much safer when I hit 70 mph on the highway. I agree with everyone in this forum, installing a Bajaron sway bar, is the best upgrade addition you can do to your Spyder. Thank you Ron and the members of this forum.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

And yet another satisfied customer. It does make a difference and glad it has helped with your ryding. Enjoy the road and be safe..!!
    Last edited by Chupaca; 01-20-2015 at 12:50 PM.
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You can also set the spring preload on your front shocks higher to help with cornering. We run ours at the #4 position, one down from the highest. Leaning into the turns also helps a great deal in the tight turns. Baja Ron has many great things for the Spyder, the swaybar is one of the best.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

It does take a little riding to get acquainted with the BajaRon sway bar. It may have felt to the tech that the inside wheel would lift easier. But exactly the opposite is true. It is much harder to get the inside wheel to lift with the sway bar installed. The Nanny is more content and less intrusive for the same reason that the inside wheel stays put. Because the Spyder is much more stable with the sway bar installed.

Really glad you like it. Selling stuff that you make is rewarding. But having satisfied customers is really what it is all about.

Enjoy!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Bajaron
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also found my 2014 RT limited "wandered" on long sweeping turns... was un-nerving... so I installed BahaRon's sway bar... made my spyder take the same turns easier... kudos to BahaRon..

osm

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I thought the same way you stated Ron about the lifting of the wheel. It may have "felt" the tech the inside wheel lifting versus "really" happening. Also I like how quick I can move from one lane to the next lane in comparison to the stock sway bar.

I do agree 100% that a Bajaron sway bar should be your first upgrade if you are having trouble turning in the curves.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It does take a little riding to get acquainted with the BajaRon sway bar. It may have felt to the tech that the inside wheel would lift easier. But exactly the opposite is true. It is much harder to get the inside wheel to lift with the sway bar installed. The Nanny is more content and less intrusive for the same reason that the inside wheel stays put. Because the Spyder is much more stable with the sway bar installed.

Really glad you like it. Selling stuff that you make is rewarding. But having satisfied customers is really what it is all about.

Enjoy!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had Ron's bar on my 2010 RS and just got it for my 2014 RT.I can not wait to install it and go on its first test ride

Spyder Garage

Default Bajaron Sway Bar

I ordered mine, should be soon.
    It's about 20 F here in GreatFalls, about to take my Spyder for a ride then of to work.
    Lightnin' LeeRoy