Thread: amyred3

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default amyred3

Check engine light is on my 2013 rs. The battery was dead but fully charged now. Can someone share a few other things I can try.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amyred3 View Post
    Check engine light is on my 2013 rs. The battery was dead but fully charged now. Can someone share a few other things I can try.

You might try walking away from the bike for 10 minutes or so and take the key with you so that the computer can reset. All my advice comes with a money back guarantee.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Why was it dead ?

Quote Originally Posted by amyred3 View Post
    Just sitting too long? At the end of it's life ? Loose or corroded cables ? Do you have a battery tender ? If not you should get one, to keep the battery fully charged at all times. It will also extend the life of your battery. Like joe said, take the key out and walk away for a bit. Hopefully it will reset.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Someone (DH) told me they would put battery tender on & didn't. But after two days of charging it is charged up now. I tryed walking away with the key for about 30 min. & that did not work. Any other thoughts?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I figured out how to check codes & look them up. What came up was somethinking about brakes. So my husband told me to take parking brake off & pump the brakes. That took care of the problem. Thanks guys for the help.

Spyder Garage

Default Curious..!!

are you starting her up and running the engine..?? Check your oil level if this is the case. If you are only turning on the ignition it may come on till you start it and run it a bit.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black