Spyder Garage

Default Road Trip Part 2

Made it and am at the hotel in Huntsville. Got here about 45 mins ago. Absolutely gorgeous day for a trip!!! A little cool and the best part, NO RAIN!!! Knowing it would be cool I wore thermals under the cords so my legs didn't get too cold. And thank the Good Lord for heated hand grips!!! Believe it or not, I even used the cruise control! I usually don't like to use it but on a long trip like this I thought I better. Saved my shoulders from hurting too much. Took breaks in between gas fill ups. Nothing much, just getting off the bike and smoking a weed and drinking some water. That also helped. Heading out now to try to find something to eat - I passed a Krystal burger place on the way in! Haven't had those since the last time I was here. And definitely hitting the Starbucks!!! Need my Mud of Life!!! You all have a good night - ride safe - and THANK YOU for all the well wishes!!!
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default There you go...!!

wasn't bad at all. Hope you have a good meal and a good rest..nice going..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SDM View Post
    Nothing much, just getting off the bike and smoking a weed and drinking some water.
    I didn't know they legalized marijuana in Alabama. You learn something new every day.
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You need TriAxis handlebars, they keep the shoulder pain away. Have fun and I hope your return trip is as just as good.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    You need TriAxis handlebars, they keep the shoulder pain away. Have fun and I hope your return trip is as just as good.
    Congrats on your trip

In another 3 months It maybe warm here and I can start riding again.

I agree with Ann the TriAxis handlebars combined with a backrest makes it easy to put on the miles.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We knew that you'd have no problem...

...But we're STILL happy to hear the good news!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I agree, the Tri-Axis handlebars would be a great help. In fact, I was telling the hubby (Tobor 9) that I would have to start saving up some $$$ to get them.
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower