Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT Tupperware removal

I noted that the side panel removal was very similar to my 2010 - is that true for most/all of the 2014 RT tupperware? I have a "Green" shop manual, and there's nothing about tupperware removal in that manual - but Lamont still has videos about tupperware removal for earlier models.

I'm getting ready to install the fog lights, and would really like to see what I'm in for, before starting... just me. Perhaps someone could point me to a tupperware removal document???
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

This is a pretty good video for tupperware removal...

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I noted that the side panel removal was very similar to my 2010 - is that true for most/all of the 2014 RT tupperware? I have a "Green" shop manual, and there's nothing about tupperware removal in that manual - but Lamont still has videos about tupperware removal for earlier models.

I'm getting ready to install the fog lights, and would really like to see what I'm in for, before starting... just me. Perhaps someone could point me to a tupperware removal document???
    Another good resource from our friends down under.
    Our Scenic Life - Spyder Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/OurScenicLife

Ask me about my Spyder.
    2014 Black Can-Am Spyder RT

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PLUS PART # 2

Quote Originally Posted by markyodo View Post
    Another good resource from our friends down under.
    ......After Part # 1 .........you will see a bunch of other Video's on the screen .......Part # 2 , the FRUNK removal is among them ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Removal of all Tupperware is the same except for the Frunk. The air hose on the left side has to be disconnected at the screw clamp just under the front left corner of the Frunk. The electrical connectors should be located just under the two triangular plastic panels that are removed to hook up BUDS.

Spyder Garage

Can the fog lights be installed w/o removing the frunk - just the upper tupperware around it??
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nope, your gonna have to remove the frunk. The lights actually mount inside there and you will have to partially disassemble the frunk as well to get to the mounting locations.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

Might be more than I want to chew - - -
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Might be more than I want to chew - - -
    Seriously not that hard to pull the frunk just keep track of the parts. Remove the bolts The instructions that come with the BRP kit are pretty good. No need to pull all the panels shown above you are good to go once you take the frunk off the switch can be gotten to easy enough by prying up the blank. There is a plug under the blank. Even if you drop the plug inside a pair of hemostats can fish it out. Don't ask How I know The only thing I am not sure of is the radiator on a 14 I put them in my 13 in about 2hrs with a little help from the wife.
    Last edited by Magdave; 01-18-2015 at 07:57 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment