Spyder Garage

Default Tire Pressure Monitoring System

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

I had the two wheel version on my Gold Wing. It worked well with no issues. I velcroed the monitor to the dash
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Spyder Garage

Those 'External fit on the valve-stem' sensors have been known to react to road & ambient temps a fair bit, and that can mean that quite suddenly, your tyre pressures look bloody awful when they haven't actually changed much at all!!

Still, we've used them on a few vehicles here, including 2 wheelers & on the RT, and they do work OK - not the greatest... but certainly OK for what they cost, just don't be too upset if you hafta stop & check them every now & then cos of worrying indicators - altho if you don't pay much attention to them when you are riding, the changes might not be all that noticeable!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THESE THINGS

JMHO....But I think they are most useful when used on a trailer........If one of the tires goes flat the sooner you know the better......I have seen trailers going down the road with the tire completely gone and a good portion of the rim also worn away and the driver never knew what had happened .........Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    JMHO....But I think they are most useful when used on a trailer........If one of the tires goes flat the sooner you know the better......I have seen trailers going down the road with the tire completely gone and a good portion of the rim also worn away and the driver never knew what had happened .........Mike

I was never interested in these but that's a great idea to use for the trailer, thanks Mike
    Dan

2014 RT-S SE6, 2012 RT-622 trailer

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i'm not a fan of external tpms but if you are towing a trailer i think they are a good idea to have. i would worry about
    galvonic corrosion and how it's reset works.

Spyder Garage

Been there and done that!
    Towing my boat behind my truck with a very large camper, looking in my side mirror noticed what seemed to be sparks trailing my boat!
    To my surprise not only was the tire gone but the rim & hub as well!!! Took a couple minutes to register that! I`m pretty sure it`s still rolling through some farmers field!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I have had them on my motorcycle and one failed and there is no repair avail for it! Another thing to keep in mind - they are incorporate a bit of weight and should not be used on rubber valve stems, especially the ones that are not straight as centrifugal forces in motion can cause a rubber valve stem to fail!!!
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

You know how much I would like to disagree with you but on this you are spot on!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I have had mine on for two years with no problems.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Great item by all I've read about them. Go to make a purchase and like so many US sites they won't ship to Australia
    As polity as I can put that policy is "it sucks"
    So now I'll continue my search for either Ann Australian outlet or some Stateside company that willing to service buyers in the land of Oz.
    Oppologise if I sound a bit peeved but I bloody well am.
    Cheers all, Kenn

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk