Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest 2015 At The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - I-44 Host Phil & Bobbie Burks

Spyderfest 2015 - Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, North Glenstone @ I-44
    Hosts: Phil & Bobbie Burks (Phil Tyler TX and Ms Scarlet)
    -----------------------------------------
    In his posts, Cruzr Joe set the bar for everyone staying at the Best Western, and seriously we are not competing! There IS no competition when it comes to Joe's hospitality! He is the best.

But I wanted to start a place to communicate with those who will be staying with us at the Holiday Inn. Bobbie & I will be arriving late Monday (April 27th) and plan to be there through May 2. Our hope is to offer a warm handshake, a welcome hug, and answer your questions. We will be able to answer questions about Spyderfest, the schedule, places to go, and even life (Bobbie is an LPC family counselor ). I'm hoping that one of us will be near registration when the bulk of everyone will be arriving. We WILL have a poster near registration with important information, any changes, and our contact information.

We all look for connections when we meet people. Bobbie & I have made SO many great friends for life over the years. We hope to help those life long friends-connections happen with those that are with us at the Holiday. Let me start by saying a small bit about us......
    Bobbie has a full time marriage and family counseling business. Her business is called 4:13 Center For Change http://413cfc.com/ She has also spent time in advertising and radio. We have been married 29 years and have 4 adult kidos, and 6 grands. Bobbie is also currently working on her PHD, even while at SpyderFest!

I (Phil) own 4 companies. Two of the main ones are: www.GenesisWorld.com and www.CorporateGreenTyler.com. We have 53 employees and have now been in business 25 years. My hobby is lighting, in general, and singing in choir and quartets. I'm an electrical engineer by education and have also worked in radio and television.

If this will be your first time to SF, PLEASE make sure we know- We really want to help! ALL of us were newbies at some point, so there are NO dumb questions (unless you ask the same one three times ).

If you wish to post that you'll be staying with us, great! I'll do my best to collect them here, at the bottom of this intro post. Maybe tell us a little about yourself, if you like. We're looking forward to making YOU feel welcome, and making those life long friendships!

See you soon!!
    Last edited by Phil; 01-26-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Spyder Garage

Great Post Phil. This will be our 3rd Spyderfest & being a part of MoGANG has been exhilarating. I'm not sure which hotel we'll be helping out at yet, but wherever we are, it's going to be a Blast. You're right about Cruzr Joe, but you are also right about it not being a competition, just a bunch of great people getting together for camaraderie. I can tell you & Bobbie are excited as are Malissa & I. Can't wait to meet you guys @ Spyderfest. See you in a few months! Dennis & Malissa Boland
    2015 RTS Spyder, Intense Red Pearl, Baja-ron swaybar & links, Custom Dynamics trunk brake light, third & fourth brake lights from TricLED, Spyderpops bump skid, led lights on turn signals, Rear Elka shock, sheepskin seat cover & a new Black Freedom Trailer. We love our Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Phil & Bobbie:

Great start, as you said this is not a competition, i feel like it is a brotherhood and a large mixed extended family. I too have made many good friends at Spyderfest and certainly look forward to making more this year and seeing the friends that we now enjoy. If we can be of any help just give us a shout.

Cruzr Joe (& Sheila)
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hello!

My husband and I will be staying at the holiday inn along with a girlfriend of mine. We came to spyderfest last year and had so much fun. I'm so glad you will be hosting since we missed out on a couple of events. We didn't know when things were happening. It is so nice also that there will be 4 host hotels. We all look forward to seeing everyone. We are all from Oklahoma. Bob, Brenda, and Carol.
    Brenda
    2012 Pearl white Rt Limited
    Bajaron sway bar with links
    Squared away laser alignment
    Wedboards mini foot boards
    Tricled led front fender lights with tips and brake bar
    Rocky mountain sheepskin

Spyder Garage

I'll be at the Holiday Inn arriving sometime on the 29th.
    Not yet sure if S.O. will be riding shotgun; unclear as of this time if she'll be able to get the time off.
    This will be my/our first SpyderFest.

Looking forward to it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Cruzr Joe;924761]Phil & Bobbie:

Great start, as you said this is not a competition, i feel like it is a brotherhood and a large mixed extended family. I too have made many good friends at Spyderfest and certainly look forward to making more this year and seeing the friends that we now enjoy. If we can be of any help just give us a shout.

Cruzr Joe (& Sheila)[/QUOTE
    We will be at the Best Western on Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to meeting .

Spyder Garage

I will be staying at the Holiday Inn. I'm a Newbie to the world of Spyders. Looking to the Spyderfest.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Fest

My wife and I will be there the afternoon of the 29th. Riding down from Omaha, NE, this will be our 3rd year attending.
    Looking forward to this years events. We have a couple other couples coming from NC that will be joining us at this hotel.
    Ready to meet other riders and party hardy!!!!!

See you there .... Chico and Karen from Omaha, NE.

MOgang member & Pyro-Lady Joanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    In his posts, Cruzr Joe set the bar for everyone staying at the Best Western, and seriously we are not competing! There IS no competition when it comes to Joe's hospitality! He is the best.

But I wanted to start a place to communicate with those who will be staying with us at the Holiday Inn. Bobbie & I will be arriving late Monday (April 27th) and plan to be there through May 2. Our hope is to offer a warm handshake, a welcome hug, and answer your questions. We will be able to answer questions about Spyderfest, the schedule, places to go, and even life (Bobbie is an LPC family counselor ). I'm hoping that one of us will be near registration when the bulk of everyone will be arriving. We WILL have a poster near registration with important information, any changes, and our contact information.

We all look for connections when we meet people. Bobbie & I have made SO many great friends for life over the years. We hope to help those life long friends-connections happen with those that are with us at the Holiday. Let me start by saying a small bit about us......
    Bobbie has a full time marriage and family counseling business. Her business is called 4:13 Center For Change http://413cfc.com/ She has also spent time in advertizing and radio. We have been married 29 years and have 4 adult kidos, and 6 grands. Bobbie is also currently working on her PHD, even while at SpyderFest!

I (Phil) own 4 companies. Two of the main ones are: www.GenesisWorld.com and www.CorporateGreenTyler.com. We have 53 employees and have now been in business 25 years. My hobby is lighting, in general, and singing in choir and quartets. I'm an electrical engineer by education and have also worked in radio and television.

If this will be your first time to SF, PLEASE make sure we know- We really want to help! ALL of us were newbies at some point, so there are NO dumb questions (unless you ask the same one three times ).

If you wish to post that you'll be staying with us, great! I'll do my best to collect them here, at the bottom of this intro post. Maybe tell us a little about yourself, if you like. We're looking forward to making YOU feel welcome, and making those life long friendships!

See you soon!!
    Phil, who will decorate your door??? I thought I did a really great job the last couple of years!!! Hmm... Will have the truck there, plus I think I might be able to sneak across a couple of parking lots to get to the Holiday Inn, that is unless I have had one tooooo many glasses of wine. Will have to bribe someone at the Holiday to find out what room you are in see what I can do!!!! LOL!!!
    Spyderfest 2017 -- Magic 8.

Joanie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

You bad, bad, girl you!

Spyder Garage

Red face Staying there also

Bobbie has a full time marriage and family counseling business. Her business is called 4:13 Center For Change http://413cfc.com/ She has also spent time in advertizing and radio. We have been married 29 years and have 4 adult kidos, and 6 grands. Bobbie is also currently working on her PHD, even while at SpyderFest!

See you soon!!
    My wife and I will be there, coming from west monroe, Louisiana, I am an associate pastor and also have a prison ministry, we look forward to meeting new friends

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joanie View Post
    Phil, who will decorate your door??? I thought I did a really great job the last couple of years!!! Hmm... Will have the truck there, plus I think I might be able to sneak across a couple of parking lots to get to the Holiday Inn, that is unless I have had one tooooo many glasses of wine. Will have to bribe someone at the Holiday to find out what room you are in see what I can do!!!! LOL!!!
    Hummmm.... Ok.... HI friends..... reward for catching a blond, slight limp from recent foot surgury... nefarious look... possibly driving a pickup across a parkinglot rather than walking... carrying rolls of tape and assorted 'stuff'....

MOgang member & Pyro-Lady Joanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hummmm.... Ok.... HI friends..... reward for catching a blond, slight limp from recent foot surgury... nefarious look... possibly driving a pickup across a parkinglot rather than walking... carrying rolls of tape and assorted 'stuff'....
    Reward??? Heck I might turn myself in if the reward is a bottle of wine!
    Spyderfest 2017 -- Magic 8.

Joanie

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Auction baskets

Hi, just wandering if our hotel is making a basket and does it have a theme?
    Brenda
    2012 Pearl white Rt Limited
    Bajaron sway bar with links
    Squared away laser alignment
    Wedboards mini foot boards
    Tricled led front fender lights with tips and brake bar
    Rocky mountain sheepskin

Spyder Garage

Cool Best hotel

I'll be arriving on the 27th at the Holiday Inn. Even though it's not a competition, the Holiday Inn will be the BEST!

Spyder Garage

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn. My first Spyderfest. I plan on arriving on the 29th. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jo Ann

Spyder Garage

Default T Shirts

Have you asked Bobbie or me about getting a T with the SpyderIchthus logo? Are you a Med - XXXL? Come by the Holiday Inn. First come first served. We arrive April 28.

Spyder Garage

Default Hotel Notes.....

At the beginning of March, I traveled to Springfield for a few reasons. One was to visit our Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites and meet the staff. I can tell you they are looking forward to hosting Spyderfest! Here a few notes and pics to help first timers......

NOTES:
    1. No pets. Sorry, hotel policy.
    2. GREAT parking (you'll see in the pics)
    3. Beautiful atrium. IF everything works the way we hope, we'll have a few tables in the atrium for the week that will be just for Spyderfest folks to hang out and visit.
    4. PLEASE check the Spyderfest Daily Notes board that will be just past registration for daily updates to plans and schedules.

Pics:

When I visited, the remains of the last snowfall were still there....

This is where you should enter to register at the hotel....

The back parkinglot is GREAT! And it is literally a short walk to The Lamplighter...

And near the front of the hotel, MORE parking.....

Last edited by Phil; 03-21-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default More hotel pics

Easy side access...

Spyder Garage

And Door C on the North side with easy access to rooms, the atrium & The Terrace pub....

Spyder Garage

This shows the first floor. RECEPTION & REGISTRATION is at the lower left.

Spyder Garage

Default Hotel Pics.... and finally....

And..... the beautiful atrium! I'm taking the pic from the 2nd floor, just above the Terrace pub looking back toward the front of the hotel.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What about those who are not able to stay at a host hotel - are they excluded from the host hotel activities?

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    What about those who are not able to stay at a host hotel - are they excluded from the host hotel activities?
    In prior years, there hasn't been a "Closed door" policy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Absolutely not!! Last year I was at a non-host hotel and was made to feel exceptionally welcome!
    (The broom they gave me to sweep the hotel parking lot was a really up-market model!!)

You're going to love it Prof.!!