Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default WHY WHISKEY IS GOOD FOR YOU

All the health benefits of whiskey you wish you knew earlier… you’re welcome:
    Whiskey is one of the best alcohols you can drink. Not only is it the least likely to give you a hangover, but it’s also one of the healthiest around. You’ll find that having a few fingers of whiskey every week can help to:

1. Avoid Weight Gain – Whiskey is a low-calorie alcohol, especially when compared to the many cocktails, beers, and wines you can find on supermarket shelves. You can drink a tumbler of whiskey without worrying about packing on the pounds thanks to its low sugar content.
    2. Boost Heart Health – Did you know that drinking whiskey can actually make your heart healthier? Aside from wine and dark beer, what other alcohols can claim that? Not only will whiskey reduce the risk of blood clots, but it will lower your stroke and heart attack risk as well. The antioxidants in whiskey stop cholesterol from clogging your arteries, and it can even boost your good cholesterol.
    3. Fight Cancer -- Whiskey is rich in antioxidants, particularly one known as ellagic acid. This antioxidant stops your body’s DNA from coming in contact with cancer-causing compounds, reducing the risk of carcinogens forming. It can also protect your body from chemotherapy, and will reduce oxidation in your body.
    4. Improve Brain Health – A study conducted in 2003 discovered that drinking whiskey reduces your risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia. If you’re worried that your brain is slowing down in your old age, it’s time to start drinking whiskey to protect your very important organ from damage.
    5. Reduce Stroke Risk -- Whiskey not only helps to prevent cholesterol from building up in your arteries, but it can actually help to get rid of any cholesterol present in your blood vessels at the moment. It will also help to relax the walls of your arteries, ensuring that your blood can flow without obstruction. One of the greatest health benefits of whiskey is the reduced stroke risk, and we can all drink to that!

READ MORE: Whiskey Passion Fizz

1. Fight Stress – Stress can cause a wide range of health problems in the human body, but thankfully we’ve got whiskey to kick stress’ butt! Whiskey helps to reduce anxiety and stress, calming your nerves and helping to relax your body. It can increase circulation throughout your body, providing your organs with fresh, oxygenated blood. A serving or two of whiskey can help to calm stressed nerves effectively!
    2. Boost Memory — The antioxidants in whiskey can help to improve the health of your brain, and the circulation-boosting effects of this alcohol will boost your memory at the same time. The same properties that help to reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia will also keep your brain active and young.
    3. Aid in Digestion -- Did you know that whiskey has long been drunk as a digestive aid? It was usually consumed after a meal, helping to relax the body after eating heavy food. It can also help to shut down your appetite, preventing you from overeating. Best of all, it will aid in digestion, reducing your risk of stomach ache or indigestion after a heavy meal.
    4. Lengthen Lifespan -- Whiskey is loaded with healthy antioxidants, and these nutrients can help to increase your lifespan by reducing your risk of disease. By protecting your body against disease, you prevent the slow breakdown of important cells in your body–thereby helping you to live longer.
    5. Great for Diabetics -- Whiskey is a zero-carb alcohol, so you can drink it without worrying about the effect it will have on your blood sugar levels. If you suffer from diabetes, a finger or two of whiskey will be the right choice for you!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mark will live forever...he is very healthy.....blood work shows every thing in normal range or below....takes no medications....guess I need to drink more whiskey...scotch is a whiskey right?

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I beg to differ with you...
    Whiskey does NOT improve your memory.
    After a couple (or eight) shots; I forget that I'm married (Happily: she tells me),
    or where I've parked the Jeep!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know..!!

but if thats the case then I'm pickled pink. though I have slowed down considerably. Doctors back home recommended a glass of wine a beer or a stiff drink a day. If they recommended an apple it was fermented...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Mark will live forever...he is very healthy.....blood work shows every thing in normal range or below....takes no medications....guess I need to drink more whiskey...scotch is a whiskey right?
    Yes, Scotch is definitely a whiskey!! Here's to your health!!
    download.jpg
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 01-16-2015 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Insert Image
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This reminds me of a joke...
    A local Cop is sitting outside the local watering hole on a Friday night; keeping an eye on the parking lot.
    Out of the Bar stumbles a young fellow... tripping, stumbling and bumbling; he totters into the lot.
    After relieving himself on a couple of car tires, he finds his own vehicle, and proceeds to start trying keys in the locks... and dropping the keys about five times in the process!
    Starting to get interested in all of the this, the Officer steps out of his car.
    The Kid now falls over in the seat, drops his keys a couple of more times, and finally gets the car in gear...

...and takes off like a shot!!

Our Man in Blue chases him down, and gets him stopped. While collecting the fellow's paperwork, he gives him a Breathalyzer test...

...and gets a 0.00% reading!

"What's going on"?, he asks....

The reply:
    "Oh Tonight, I'm the Designated Decoy"!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

you forgot to mention the barf factor

Spyder Garage

Good one Bob!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rat Bat Spider Crab?
    Have you been dreaming of the "Angry Red Planet" again?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 01-16-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

Whiskey is the name of my dog. He is my Ryding buddy. He even has his own leathers! Whiskey is a little fella with a big attitude. He weighs 4 pounds.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It forgot to mention it makes you a better dancer and often increases your height to just over 10 feet and make you bullet proof.

Spyder Garage

Makes you a better singer also.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe, I've never heard you sounding better!!
    (Tell the truth now; How drunk WERE you?)

Spyder Garage

No, No, No..... Scotch is a WHISKY. Big difference.

Spyder Garage

All I can add is, I'll drink to that. Pretend they are shot glasses or old fashion glasses.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Joe, I've never heard you sounding better!!
    (Tell the truth now; How drunk WERE you?)

That was great .......................... I an't never been that drunk ............................ I doubt i could ever get that drunk.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    No, No, No..... Scotch is a WHISKY. Big difference.
    does the 'e' make a difference....whisky vs...whiskey....drinking Glenfiddich Whisky...no 'e'

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Too much of ANYTHING is bad for you.... I believe that includes 'abstinence'............

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Rat Bat Spider Crab?
    Have you been dreaming of the "Angry Red Planet" again?
    Bob, you got me again. You're getting harder to fool.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That was about the ONLY version of spiders, that I ever was able to look at; without wanting to throw up...

Spyder Garage

does the 'e' make a difference....whisky vs...whiskey....drinking Glenfiddich Whisky...no 'e'
    Aye, distilled spirits from the Celtic areas, ie Scotland and Ireland are WHISKYS and only Scotch and Irish whiskys can be spelled that way. all other distilled spirits must be spelled WHISKEY. And on further note, only whisky distilled in Scotland is permitted to be called SCOTCH.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    Aye, distilled spirits from the Celtic areas, ie Scotland and Ireland are WHISKYS and only Scotch and Irish whiskys can be spelled that way. all other distilled spirits must be spelled WHISKEY. And on further note, only whisky distilled in Scotland is permitted to be called SCOTCH.
    Good information. I learned something new today.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Good information. I learned something new today.

Me too

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Just to add to the pot, it is usually spelled whisky in Canada and Scotland, and whiskey in US and Ireland. Whisky comes from Gaelic "uisge beatha" which means water of life. Just my Scottish heritage kicking in.
    Dan

2014 RT-S SE6, 2012 RT-622 trailer