Spyder Garage

Default COMFORT VS STOCK SEAT ON 14 RTL QUESTION?

I'm 6'1" and am having trouble with foot positioning on my for the brake. I know there has been acouple of threads on this subject and would like to know if the passenger lost any room when going to the comfort seat compared to the stock seat? Does the comfort seat make the operator sit back 2" farther due to trimming material from the lumbar area or do they take the 2" away from the passenger area? My wife and I are slightly larger than the average riders and I d/n want to cramp her style(happy wife,happy life) thinking. Also thought about installing the wider brake pedal but not quite sure it would solve my problem. Thanks to all that answer this and just remember spring is just around the corner!!

Spyder Garage

i have the comfort seat on my 14 rt. it does reduce the passenger area by about 2 inches. now i rarely ride 2 up so it doesn't really matter to me. i also have a hand brake and forward highway pegs from lamont, it allows me to stretch out my legs and i use the hand brake to stop the bike
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i have the comfort seat on my 14 rt. it does reduce the passenger area by about 2 inches. now i rarely ride 2 up so it doesn't really matter to me. i also have a hand brake and forward highway pegs from lamont, it allows me to stretch out my legs and i use the hand brake to stop the bike
    Thanks, from what I have read in the past that's what I took out of it. I just needed a firm answer from someone out there in spyder land. I've been riding for 47 years and this is our 1st spyder. My wife rides w/me 95% of the time so I worry about her comfort since she will ride as far as I need to go and never complain. Thanks again and ride hard and ride safe!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We are about the same height, and I tried the comfort seat for a comparison with the stock. I found the comfort extremely uncomfortable, but I have a back injury so my experience is only relevant to me. But I agree that it makes the passenger area too small for normal people.

The biggest learning curve for the Spyder brake was picking up my foot and pressing down. My Suzuki Boulevard had a large brake pedal that only required me to shift my foot position a small amount. I find the Spyder more automatic now, but I certainly had to learn a different technique.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    We are about the same height, and I tried the comfort seat for a comparison with the stock. I found the comfort extremely uncomfortable, but I have a back injury so my experience is only relevant to me. But I agree that it makes the passenger area too small for normal people.

The biggest learning curve for the Spyder brake was picking up my foot and pressing down. My Suzuki Boulevard had a large brake pedal that only required me to shift my foot position a small amount. I find the Spyder more automatic now, but I certainly had to learn a different technique.
    That is a big part of it. I had the 14 Limited Test Spyder and it took me a while to get used to picking up my foot, then I got my RTS with a manual tranny and no floorboards so I got to go back to not lifting my foot. I'm not quite as tall as you guys but I have long legs and the comfort seat makes all the difference for me.

My suggestion on seats is always sit on it before you buy it.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622