Hybrid View

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default i Test Rode the F3 today

Being a RT rider for around 75,000 miles and only had rode a RS about 5 years ago. I was not impressed with the sporty RS. So I did not think I would like the F3 at all. Boy, was I surprised when I came back from the ride with a big smile. The F3 will get up and go, hold those curves like a big bike. It was a fun to ride.
    There was only one problem with the F3 that I rode today, it did not have a windshield. With the temp in the low 40s and never rode a bike without a windshield, it was very cold and felt that my head would be blown off. With a windshield, it would be my #1 choice if I didn't love my 2014 RT like I do.
    Go test ride the F3 and come back with a smile on your face like I did.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

I test rode the F3 a few weeks ago and it is great. It handles even better and has more power and get up and go with the 1330 cc without all the back end RT stuff. I really like the change the bars and pegs option so you could make it fit your own height/riding style in only a few minutes. What i didnt like was not only was there no windsheild there was no nothing, in order to turn it into a decent sport tourer they want another 5k on top of the price already, its all stuff that has to be added on not from the factory and you still have no radio and a few other features. Im sure they will have an F3T or ST or something soon. The prices on these things keep going up though. Especially for the sport models its surprising. I can buy 3 brand new sport bikes for the price of one RS and they will dust it in every way performance wise, especially gas milage LOL
    Imagine how many you would see on the road if they were a little more affordable, you can get a car for the cheapest option they offer.

Spyder Garage

Default SAME HERE

SAME HERE....
    I TEST RODE IT LAST WEEK IN 20 DEGREE TEMPS, BRIGHT SUNSHINE HOWEVER.... NO WINDSHIELD...
    WENT BACK THE NEXT DAY AND ORDERED THE F3-S WITH THE
    'ROUTE 66' WINDSHIELD... THE BIGGEST ONE THEY HAVE... ALSO GOT THE 4 YEAR WARRANTY... NICE... ALL BUYERS GET THAT IF THEY PURCHASE A NEW F3 IN JANUARY 2015... I WOULD ASSUME THAT THIS WARRANTY WILL COST BIG BUCK$ COME FEBRUARY....
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION MAKING PROCESS, I KNEW I WOULD BUY ONE WITHIN THE FIRST 300 FT OF MY TEST RIDE....
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R
    Last edited by SPYD3R; 01-15-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry..!!

that you all have the test rydes in such temps. Good you can still ryde though...otherwise you would be waiting fir spring...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm trying one Saturday.....

Spyder Garage

Default WHITE 1

Quote Originally Posted by bamaspyder1 View Post
    I'm trying one Saturday.....

If it's a WHITE one, with a Wisconsin tag, number 743... that's the one i took a test ride on here at POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE here in South Carolina...
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

What bad temps? Mine was 75 and sunny LOL. at 20 i would not even consider leaving my bed, never mind house!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post

If it's a WHITE one, with a Wisconsin tag, number 743... that's the one i took a test ride on here at POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE here in South Carolina...
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Dan, all of the test Spyders have the WI 743 plate. Look at the catalogs, etc. It was the plate on the loaner I had in October of 2013 and on the test Spyder that I had in January of 2014. I didn't pay any tolls or parking meters when I was riding those Spyders.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I'm Going to trade mine in when a dealer around me gets one.I don't want a test ride,I'm ready for a new spyder and this looks like it will work for me