GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default i Test Rode the F3 today

Being a RT rider for around 75,000 miles and only had rode a RS about 5 years ago. I was not impressed with the sporty RS. So I did not think I would like the F3 at all. Boy, was I surprised when I came back from the ride with a big smile. The F3 will get up and go, hold those curves like a big bike. It was a fun to ride.
    There was only one problem with the F3 that I rode today, it did not have a windshield. With the temp in the low 40s and never rode a bike without a windshield, it was very cold and felt that my head would be blown off. With a windshield, it would be my #1 choice if I didn't love my 2014 RT like I do.
    Go test ride the F3 and come back with a smile on your face like I did.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

I test rode the F3 a few weeks ago and it is great. It handles even better and has more power and get up and go with the 1330 cc without all the back end RT stuff. I really like the change the bars and pegs option so you could make it fit your own height/riding style in only a few minutes. What i didnt like was not only was there no windsheild there was no nothing, in order to turn it into a decent sport tourer they want another 5k on top of the price already, its all stuff that has to be added on not from the factory and you still have no radio and a few other features. Im sure they will have an F3T or ST or something soon. The prices on these things keep going up though. Especially for the sport models its surprising. I can buy 3 brand new sport bikes for the price of one RS and they will dust it in every way performance wise, especially gas milage LOL
    Imagine how many you would see on the road if they were a little more affordable, you can get a car for the cheapest option they offer.

Spyder Garage

Default SAME HERE

SAME HERE....
    I TEST RODE IT LAST WEEK IN 20 DEGREE TEMPS, BRIGHT SUNSHINE HOWEVER.... NO WINDSHIELD...
    WENT BACK THE NEXT DAY AND ORDERED THE F3-S WITH THE
    'ROUTE 66' WINDSHIELD... THE BIGGEST ONE THEY HAVE... ALSO GOT THE 4 YEAR WARRANTY... NICE... ALL BUYERS GET THAT IF THEY PURCHASE A NEW F3 IN JANUARY 2015... I WOULD ASSUME THAT THIS WARRANTY WILL COST BIG BUCK$ COME FEBRUARY....
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION MAKING PROCESS, I KNEW I WOULD BUY ONE WITHIN THE FIRST 300 FT OF MY TEST RIDE....
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R
    Last edited by SPYD3R; 01-15-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry..!!

that you all have the test rydes in such temps. Good you can still ryde though...otherwise you would be waiting fir spring...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm trying one Saturday.....

Spyder Garage

Default WHITE 1

Quote Originally Posted by bamaspyder1 View Post
    I'm trying one Saturday.....

If it's a WHITE one, with a Wisconsin tag, number 743... that's the one i took a test ride on here at POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE here in South Carolina...
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

What bad temps? Mine was 75 and sunny LOL. at 20 i would not even consider leaving my bed, never mind house!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post

If it's a WHITE one, with a Wisconsin tag, number 743... that's the one i took a test ride on here at POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE here in South Carolina...
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Dan, all of the test Spyders have the WI 743 plate. Look at the catalogs, etc. It was the plate on the loaner I had in October of 2013 and on the test Spyder that I had in January of 2014. I didn't pay any tolls or parking meters when I was riding those Spyders.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I did the test ride today too and loved everything about it but the lack of the windshield. I did feel a little pressure on my lower back but I'm almost positive it was from the wind pushing against me. It is really hard for me to make a decision without being able to test it with a windshield on it. I am still trying to decide between the F3-S and a leftover 14 ST-S. I just don't know what to do. I like the 1330 in the F3 and the seating position but I guess the main difference is the ST would be about $7,000 cheaper dressed out about the same. Decisions, decisions! image.jpgimage.jpg
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

SpyderRx, boy, you got a hard decision to make.
    What did your friend who did not have a Spyder decide?

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    SpyderRx, boy, you got a hard decision to make.
    What did your friend who did not have a Spyder decide?
    Hey decided he better ask his wife first! Ha! Well trained!
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRx View Post
    I did the test ride today too and loved everything about it but the lack of the windshield. I did feel a little pressure on my lower back but I'm almost positive it was from the wind pushing against me. It is really hard for me to make a decision without being able to test it with a windshield on it. I am still trying to decide between the F3-S and a leftover 14 ST-S. I just don't know what to do. I like the 1330 in the F3 and the seating position but I guess the main difference is the ST would be about $7,000 cheaper dressed out about the same. Decisions, decisions! image.jpgimage.jpg
    If money is the only motivation I would go with the ST. For me the F3 is it, it's not working as hard with the 1330 motor, it's going to preform better and get better fuel economy and the fun factor is through the roof on the F3. I owned an ST and it was the only Spyder I never really fell in love with. Good luck

Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 RS SM5 with a Two Brothers pipe. The stock HP was advertised as 106. The pipe claims to add about 4HP. My Spyder only weighed 699 dry. The F3 is 850lbs and claims 115HP. To my way of thinking the power should be a push at best. I love the seating position as I'm about 6'4". Also the exposed engine is way cool, but still can't love the front end. Just wondering if I would see more true power in the F3. I'm sure low end torque is better.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

well i got to ride on one today myself. this thing will haul the mail, but without a windshield on a 40 degree day ... it was interesting

if possible i think BRP should send out at least one fully loaded F3 just to show what it will look like. I understand some of these parts may not have been available several weeks ago but it couldn't hurt to show what you got. you had several first timer spyder riders there and they seemed a little lost that these were stripped down models.

Spyder Garage

I'm Going to trade mine in when a dealer around me gets one.I don't want a test ride,I'm ready for a new spyder and this looks like it will work for me

Spyder Garage

Sorry, but I tested the F3, and wouldn't consider owning it, even as a 2nd bike. Different strokes - it has less than zero appeal to me.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    If money is the only motivation I would go with the ST. For me the F3 is it, it's not working as hard with the 1330 motor, it's going to preform better and get better fuel economy and the fun factor is through the roof on the F3. I owned an ST and it was the only Spyder I never really fell in love with. Good luck
    Thanks for the opinion. I would have to agree with you. I know that I really want the F-3 and it's probably what I will wind up getting. Guess I'm just trying to be a good "steward" and talk myself through all the options.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the opinion. I would have to agree with you. I know that I really want the F-3 and it's probably what I will wind up getting. Guess I'm just trying to be a good "steward" and talk myself through all the options.
    One other consideration for you is that over time the F3 will probably cost less to own. The service intervals are longer, and the gas mileage is higher. Does that make up for the $7K that you could save? who knows. especially if you do your own service.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Good Stewardness = CHECK ------- now go buy the F3
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Spyder Garage

Hey decided he better ask his wife first! Ha! Well trained!
    Every married man knows that it is easier to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by geoshmo View Post
    Every married man knows that it is easier to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.
    Never a truer statement!

Spyder Garage

i want one to go with the stable,but i cant aford alll.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

RE: windshields, I wouldn't sweat it-- I'm guessing the aftermarket options will be available soon enough (if I get an F3, I'd definitely want a Madstad like on my RS, once available).
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!