Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Meet and Greet in Maggie Valley N.C. 6/10-6/14

Actually, this is for our annual M109 riders premeet that we schedule every year. We have a great group of guys and girls that normally get together and ride the area for 3-4 days. They come from as far north as Canada, and as far south as Florida. Over the past 6 years, a few of us (myself included) have switched rides. Some still have M109's, some have Harleys, some have concours 14's, and yes, this year there will be atleast 2 can am spyders. We will be leaving on wednesday and taking a leisurely trip over to Maggie Valley. After settling in, we normally just check out the town on the 1st day and prepare for the rest of the week. Thursdays are our day to do the hot spots such as the Dragon, Cherohola Skyway, etc.. We do this since we try to avoid the crazies on the weekend. Friday and Saturday we play it by ear and go wherever the wind blows us. Sunday is just a quick meal, and heading home. There will be all types of riding styles, and groups for you to run with. I usually spend 2 of the days to enjoy the sites and ride, while 1 of the days is used for a more run and gun type of riding. Pretty much any hotels along SoCo road in Maggie Valley will get you close to us. Some are even staying in Cherokee, and a couple in Gatlinburg. If you think you would be interested in going for even a part of the time, please post up so that maybe we spyder people can get together. If you think you might be staying, you might want to get a room reserved. Not sure what is going on that week, but hotels are filling up pretty fast. We seem to get our best deals going through Booking.com. There will also be a lot of M109 guys at a place called the Valley Inn, but they only make reservations over the phone. Hope to see some of you guys there.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I like the idea and the invite : )

mind if I repost it on our facebook page?

Carolina Spyder Ryders
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/CarolinaSpyderRyders/

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Gunns View Post
    I like the idea and the invite : )

mind if I repost it on our facebook page?

Carolina Spyder Ryders
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/CarolinaSpyderRyders/
    Please do post. I have posted there before, but not very often.

Thanks,

Keith

Spyder Garage

Just wanting to bump this back to the top. I know we are a few months away, but I am already excited.

Spyder Garage

One more bump back to the top. Since I last posted this, another of my riding partners is making the switch over to the spyder. He has a 2015 RT on order and it should be in the first week of April. Now that will make atleast 3 spyders in the group of M109s. Slowly but surely, we are taking over the cycling world. One old guy at a time.

Spyder Garage

Just a reminder that we will be doing some serious riding less than 2 weeks from now in the beautiful Maggie Valley, N.C. area (6/10-6/14). If anyone would like to meet up for one of the days ride, or just meet for dinner one evening, just post up or send me a pm.

Spyder Garage

Default Slingshots in the Smokies 10-14 June 2015

There will be a rally for Slingshots (Spyders are invited) 10-14 June in Maggie Valley. The host hotel I think is the Comfort Inn. Ivor set this up and is running it. The website is slingshotroadsters.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pickelhead View Post
    There will be a rally for Slingshots (Spyders are invited) 10-14 June in Maggie Valley. The host hotel I think is the Comfort Inn. Ivor set this up and is running it. The website is slingshotroadsters.com
    Thanks for that bit of information. I figured that someone was having some sort of rally or something there because the hotel rooms were filling up pretty fast. Seems like I will get a chance to finally get a good look at some of those up close since they are doing some of the same routes on the same days that we have plans for. I still think they are ugly, but I sure wish I had that 173 hp in my spyder.

Spyder Garage

11 hour, 48 minutes from now, We will be heading to Maggie Valley. There will be atleast 4 spyders in our group this year, and a Harley Ultra classic trike. We will be there and riding from about mid day on 6/10-6/14. If anyone is interested in getting with us for part of a day, give me a call.
    919-649-2433

Spyder Garage

Ron and I will be there Thursday afternoon! Need to add another Spyder to the mix. Looking forward to riding with you, KD, and your friends.

2014 Cognac RTS-SE6 & RT 622
    1993 Teal Gold Wing SE

Spyder Garage

Default Guess who I ran into!

Well, left at 7am from my home in Apex at 7am and arrived in Maggie Valley at 3pm. To say that we took our time is an understatement. Just as we were checking into the the hotel, I saw a sweet looking spyder and low and behold, I got a chance to meet the MAN and his wife in person. Although I have been (and still am) a member of the M109 forums, the F6B forums, and now the spyder lovers forum, I never got a chance to meet the man behind it all. Well, not only did I get to meet him, I got a chance to ride his sweet F3. I was telling him that I had been to my local dealer 3 times, and was denied a chance to test ride one. He asked if I had my helmet, and said today was my day. I must say, I was very impressed with the ride and the power of the F3. I will say that I am glad that they were not out in September when I bought my 2014 RT. If they had, I might (just might) be riding one of those instead of my RT. Well, I can only dream now, but I would say that I am glad to finally meet Lamont and his new bride. Continue to ride and be safe!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Well, we had a total of 5 spyders in our group this year, and it was a blast. I must say I am quite impressed at how the spyder handled the dragon even though I was in a real need of a rear tire. I also found out that you can drift the rear a little without the nannie kicking in. I hope to have some action shots to post later today.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Love Maggie Valley, we always stay at The Holyday Motel when we go with the Rocket guys, Rob and Gaby are excelent hosts highly recommend it

Spyder Garage

Finally got some action photos from my time on the dragon. I was truly impressed at how the trike handled, and I now know that you can actually drift the bike a little, and the nanny never kicked in. I now can only imagine how fast I could have gone with a sportier version of this toy.