Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Price Check for 2014 RTL

Hello...
    My local CanAm dealer has quoted me a price of $25,000 for a new 2014 RT Limited. What do you folks think of this price. It's a little higher than Louis Powersports but I'm assuming the dealer will have my back if something comes up and I need assistance. Is it a good time to buy? Will the price go down lower? Comments would be appreciated.
    PS: I am new to motorcycles.
    Ed

Spyder Garage

Check postings from the past couple of days. Better prices are being posted.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Spyder Garage

Default In GA

A little cheaper down here: $23,475

Only you can determine if price trumps all other factors.

Spyder Garage

When they first came out I happen to know people paid over $30K for the limited. So the prices are dropping.

bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Should not pay over 23,500 and this time of year I would think lower than that. Never pretend that a dealer will have your back if you pay more. Dealers have to service your Spyder if you bought it there or not. They will only do what the factory will approve and no more.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CHECK HERE ALSO

Quote Originally Posted by EDeeny View Post
    Hello...
    My local CanAm dealer has quoted me a price of $25,000 for a new 2014 RT Limited. What do you folks think of this price. It's a little higher than Louis Powersports but I'm assuming the dealer will have my back if something comes up and I need assistance. Is it a good time to buy? Will the price go down lower? Comments would be appreciated.
    Ed
    Just outside Philly Pa ......The dealership in Bensalem Pa. ...Sorry but I forgot their name !!!......Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Motorsports, Hanover

Hello...
    Ed
    Check with motorsports, Hanover, PA
    good to work with

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

I agree, it doesn't matter where you purchase the Spyder, your local dealer will service it the same as if you had bought it from them. I bought mine from Louis Powersports a couple of months ago because they were discounting the 2014 RTL SE6 far more than dealers in my local area ($23,499 +TTL and 4yr extended warranty). Even after paying $250 for transporting it to central Texas, it was still thousands cheaper than what my local dealers were offering.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just read that www.Imotorsports.com ships spyders anywhere in the lower U.S... might check their prices

this is from one of THEIR POSTS ----

osmWe ship all over the country! just shipped a bike to Georgia this morning and have shipped to Louisiana many many times!

We ship BRP parts for free and have free shipping on our units to the main 48 states!

Feel free to email us or calls us on anything you need.

www.imotorsportsinc.com
    Last edited by Orange Spyder Man; 01-14-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I agree with the others on this thread, get the best price you can. At least get a good price from another dealer and ask your local guy to match it.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Just outside Philly Pa ......The dealership in Bensalem Pa. ...Sorry but I forgot their name !!!......Mike
    East Coast Cycle Center. We are blessed with quite a few good Can Am dealers in SE Pennsylvania. Some are better than others to deal with from a sales perspective.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    East Coast Cycle Center. We are blessed with quite a few good Can Am dealers in SE Pennsylvania. Some are better than others to deal with from a sales perspective.
    .............................Thanks Rob, that's the Dealership.............and I agree with the Salesmanship issue with that dealership.......However back in May they gave me the SAME price as Holzhauer in Illinois ( which would have worked out better for me because I live in Vermont )......The problem was keeping them on the phone ......if they had an 800 number I wouldn't have cared ........but after 3 long distance calls on my dime I gave up.....Their Loss......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default PRICE ISN'T EVERYTHING !

Hello...
    Ed
    Unless you can get a MUCH cheaper price, I would stay with the local dealer for the assistance, in case ytou ever need it. Also negotiate for some clothing or extras for the Can Am ! My local dealer { Doug's Powersports in Cortland } has been fantastic when I had problems !!!!! That doesn't sound like a bad price for the limited model !

Spyder Garage

Hard choice, but you are looking at a really nice machine. It comes out of the box with almost everything.

I like dealing with the servicing dealer--but others have good points also.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

3 dealers in this area 1)eastcoast cycles in Bensalem 2)smith marine in Doylestown 3) blackmans cycle in Emmaus near allentown
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Buying local does matter for some dealers. There are many names for it, preferred customer or something like that, where you get head of the line in service dept over someone that didn't buy the machine there. There's also the need to keep a local dealer, if enough people go for the cheapest long distance price, the local dealer may not be in business when you need service.

All a matter of personal choice. The folks at Brewer Cycle are sponsors atthe local dirt track, employ friends and neighbors, we're a small town. I'd feel really odd buying mine a few States away with a hometown dealer right here.

Just .02. If you can get a local place even in the ball park of a zip it and ship it dealer I'd go local.
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n