Thread: Trailer Options

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Options

I now have two spyders so I need to replace the Aluma that hauled the two motorcycles. What with the cost of trailers these days, I could just add the EasyClamps to an 18 foot car hauler I have and be on my way. I was in town a couple weeks ago and I saw a flat bed trailer with a tarp covering a frame. It covered the sides and roof and the roof was sloped. The sides were tall enough to get a Spyder under. The back end was closed off with zippers so I wasn't able to see the frame inside. I can't remember a brand name on it. Doing some research, I found places in Australia and New Zealand and one in Canada that advertize making a custom frame and tarp for any size you would want.

Anyone have any experience with framing and tarping a flat bed trailer? Who in the US does this? Any near Arizona? Any thoughts on cost and durability?
    2014 Pearl White RT, TriAxis handlebar, BaJaron Bar&Links, Spyderpops belt guard, bumpskid & stainless grilles, Seal Dlx boards, JT's Dash Mount, SmoothSpyder belt tensioner, HMT brake, TricFender led's, mudflap lights, air horn, Squared Away laser alignment

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HAULING SPYDERS

First ask yourself this: How much towing are you going to do.........Spyders are waterproof....You can put a spray guard on the front that can be re-moved for other purposes....and I could fasten those two Spyders onto your trailer in less than 10 minutes......and you could then elevate it to 60 degree's and they wouldn't move .....and it would only cost $ 40 Total...............but if it makes you feel better spend $ 500 to $ 900 on clamps , you will still be way ahead of the game, if you use the trailer you already own ....JMHO...Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 01-13-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Boats

Tralers are for boats...........................(amd I just got a trailer for my and hope I don't have to use it).

Spyder Garage

Well, since I think the max legal width for a trailer is 102" (it is that in Ontario), you will have to get a 7x20 trailer to fit the Spyders on, one in front of the other. Putting them side by side will not be feasable or leagal.

Spyder Garage

My brother and i have been talking about this as well. He as an RT and i was going to bring my Yamaha FZ6R next to it on a trailer but now we would need one big enough to carry 2 spyders. Why? Because he has this great motorhome and it would be awesome to pull them behind the motorhome and take it to say vegas area and do some rides around there come back sleep, move the motorhome up to UT do some rides up there spend the night etc.
    However it seems as though its at least a couple grand for something that will haul 2 spyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    First ask yourself this: How much towing are you going to do.........Spyders are waterproof....You can put a spray guard on the front that can be re-moved for other purposes....and I could fasten those two Spyders onto your trailer in less than 10 minutes......and you could then elevate it to 60 degree's and they wouldn't move .....and it would only cost $ 40 Total...............but if it makes you feel better spend $ 500 to $ 900 on clamps , you will still be way ahead of the game, if you use the trailer you already own ....JMHO...Mike
    Mike, I have seen several posts of yours about the tiedowns you use, but never a picture. How about some pictures or a link? You have my attention.

Having a cover is more about, out of sight, out of mind sort of thing in this day an age of people stealing anything not locked down. Had a 6 ft piece of 4 inch PVC that had been split in two that was used for the sewer line on the RV, stolen off the back of the truck the last time out because it wasn't cabled with a lock. Very disappointing.
    2014 Pearl White RT, TriAxis handlebar, BaJaron Bar&Links, Spyderpops belt guard, bumpskid & stainless grilles, Seal Dlx boards, JT's Dash Mount, SmoothSpyder belt tensioner, HMT brake, TricFender led's, mudflap lights, air horn, Squared Away laser alignment

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELL YOU ASKED FOR IT

Quote Originally Posted by sscheuer47 View Post
    Mike, I have seen several posts of yours about the tiedowns you use, but never a picture. How about some pictures or a link? You have my attention.

Having a cover is more about, out of sight, out of mind sort of thing in this day an age of people stealing anything not locked down. Had a 6 ft piece of 4 inch PVC that had been split in two that was used for the sewer line on the RV, stolen off the back of the truck the last time out because it wasn't cabled with a lock. Very disappointing.
    .................................................. .........I haven't mastered doing "links" yet but I did some digging and found this latest listing on E-Bay item # 291353953949.....it's less than $20 and free shipping ...take a look it won't hurt ......and this is what I have .............Mike

Spyder Garage

Flat bed, cover it when parked, with a long cable lock thru the spyder wheel, trailer wheels will dis courge most crooks. Trailer locked to car with lock o hitch. Ride if you can but sometimes and some people like me at 79 +, that is not possible for long rides.
    You micght check Farm supply places for landscape Trailers.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Options

Here is an alternative that works very well. I have used these for trips to Lake Placid, SpyderFest, The Smokies, etc.
    Just position 2 front wheels on MOUNTED floor plates, run straps over 2 front wheels, the SPYDER will not move if you have the straps tightened properly.
    No need to use anything on rear wheel at all!

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...kits?a=1593763

KYSPYDER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kyspyder View Post
    Here is an alternative that works very well. I have used these for trips to Lake Placid, SpyderFest, The Smokies, etc.
    Just position 2 front wheels on MOUNTED floor plates, run straps over 2 front wheels, the SPYDER will not move if you have the straps tightened properly.
    No need to use anything on rear wheel at all!

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...kits?a=1593763

KYSPYDER
    Thanks for the link KYSPYDER. Those are very unique. You, BLUEKNIGHT911 and Oldmanzues have great ideas for tying down but no one has commented about experience with framing and covering a flat bed trailer. I guess that is a Canadian or Aussi technique.