Spyder Garage

Default Dash Fan for Warm Weather

I ride all year wet or cold weather is never a problem since I can dress for, have heated clothing, seats and grips. Warm weather is the killer for me, starting around 65 deg I get really warm if I stop for a light or what ever. I have long thought of a fan but the all the ones I tried did very little or nothing, just not enough power. While surfing Amazon I seen this truckers turbo fan and recall a trucker tell me about it. Well, this one works! It has an adjustable grill to fine tune the air and I can point it square at my upper torso/face and it does the trick.

At first I mounted it up on the dash but it was too big for that and looked wrong. I mounted a ball as can be seen and using a short Ram arm it is nice and steady. I mounted the switch under the dash ( you can see them in one pick) and wired in an LED more for looks than anything since you know when its on, believe me. lol.

I also used the dash mount bracket I bought from a Spyder Lovers vender and used as a template to make a new one with 2 extra holes thinking I was going to put the fan up there. This at least I have more mounting hole options now, lol.

I was out riding earlier today and it was raining steady so the bike is pretty dirty as can bee seen but I thought better clean after the work. Naturally I got finished and forgot to clean it...or I was just too lazy and need a nap... you decide, lol. I will get a better pic of the ball mount and the name of the fan if anyone is interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bluestratos; 01-11-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Holey Crap where's the kitchen sink... Enjoy the ride..

Spyder Garage

Default Excellent idea

It took vision to come up with a good looking way to be more comfortable while at a stop. Very good. Thanks for sharing with us.

Spyder Garage

Default Well done..!!

looks like you found the right place for it and it is effective for you. If they can't make it there is always someone who can...congrats..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default MR. GADGET AWARD

Wow you have a lot of gadget's mounted the only thing missing is the laser cannon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Holey Crap where's the kitchen sink... Enjoy the ride..
    Probably in the back trunk - and the laser cannons are probably mounted on the fenders!!!
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You know maybe you should look into an AC unit you could put the vents by the speakers
    and some low.. it may fill up your trunk, contact Vintage Air on the web.. they make units
    for hot rods that are small with a high out put.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I ride all year wet or cold weather is never a problem since I can dress for, have heated clothing, seats and grips. Warm weather is the killer for me, starting around 65 deg I get really warm if I stop for a light or what ever. I have long thought of a fan but the all the ones I tried did very little or nothing, just not enough power. While surfing Amazon I seen this truckers turbo fan and recall a trucker tell me about it. Well, this one works! It has an adjustable grill to fine tune the air and I can point it square at my upper torso/face and it does the trick.

At first I mounted it up on the dash but it was too big for that and looked wrong. I mounted a ball as can be seen and using a short Ram arm it is nice and steady. I mounted the switch under the dash ( you can see them in one pick) and wired in an LED more for looks than anything since you know when its on, believe me. lol.

I also used the dash mount bracket I bought from a Spyder Lovers vender and used as a template to make a new one with 2 extra holes thinking I was going to put the fan up there. This at least I have more mounting hole options now, lol.

I was out riding earlier today and it was raining steady so the bike is pretty dirty as can bee seen but I thought better clean after the work. Naturally I got finished and forgot to clean it...or I was just too lazy and need a nap... you decide, lol. I will get a better pic of the ball mount and the name of the fan if anyone is interested.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chuck gross View Post
    Wow you have a lot of gadget's mounted the only thing missing is the laser cannon
    My laser cannons are behind the head lamps!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

How do you keep the battery charged on your
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Spyder Garage

good idea, i tried a air conditioner between the bars but it kept unplugging every time i pulled away from the house
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I would have liked a fan when I was driving a RS in 95 degrees in Maui HI. Here, not so much. It gets to 75 degrees sometimes in the summer.

However...you really can't have to many farkles.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

"Dash Fan For Warm Weather" What's warm weather? I don't understand the concept.

2014 RT Limited - Black / Currant

Spyder Garage

Default I would be interested in the name of the fan

And where it can be purchased. Thanks

Spyder Garage

The fan is called the "Tornado Fan" by Road Pro and it can be purchased on Amazon, $17.89, I t comes with a monster sized clip that I removed and modified to aloe a Ram ball to be mounted RoadPro RPSC-857 12-Volt Tornado Fan with Removable Mounting Clip

Spyder Garage

I have always suffered in hot weather but now that I am diabetic I have very little tolerance for heat. I travel down to Reno for a week each spring and have started going earlier to avoid the heat but no matter what, when the temps rise I suffer. This moves a lot of air so at when needed I can set it to blow and let the evaporation keep me cool. If it is really dry and hot (temps over 80) I mist my self down until my shirt is wet, this is as good as air conditioning.

To answer the power question, the 14' has 1200 watts or about 100 amps available. I have changed my head lights and fog lights to HID which draw less, my high power driving lights are LED's and draw very little. Other wise, I have a 400 watt amp for the main speakers, a 200 watt bass amp in my frunk along with more 2 way speakers, a radar detector, cb, heated clothing, seat heater, dash cam, cell phone mount with power and the turbo fan. These can all be used at once with no problem. Other things that draw power but not all the time are the remote frunk opener I built, a high power horn,the gorilla alarm and a power outlet.

The first thing I did when I bough the bike was design and install an additional fuse panel that has 10 circuits for switch power, 4 circuits for always hot and 3 micro relays for the horn and 2 spares. I have 1 50 amp relay to control the switched circuits and a 100 amp disconnect and fuse to protect the system. I have a second fuse panel in the frunk to allow easy hook up of the amp and the fog lights HIDS. The entire system has professional disconnects at logical locations to allow removal of each main component with easy. This means I remove the frunk assembly, the dash assembly and the rear trunk assembly as a unit by simply disconnecting the multi wire snap connectors.

The main fuse panel that I added is down behind the left side access panel along with the air horn, the ground bar and the 2 relays for the driving lights. Right now I have 9 relays that I have added and have 2 spares that are not being used. The amp is located where the XM radio would go under the left side cover at the rear side bags. I have high power speakers but unfortunately I still had to turn the amp down since I was blowing a speakers all the time. The bass is awesome, and I still have lots of room in the frunk.
    Last edited by bluestratos; 01-12-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

No, the mirror is still easy to see.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default POWERED UP

You have really gone far and beyond most spyder owners you must own stock there at Blue sea in Bellingham
    Nice work at least I know who to talk to for electrical upgrades