Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Yes It's Big!

Finally got to see and sit in one at the show in DC today, and yes it is as big as it appears in many of the photos I've seen. I thought many of the pictures I've seen appeared to be distorted, but no, the frontal area is as large as it appears! I'd like to test one though........whenever they get one in Delawhere!

Also saw the F3 w/Touring Escape Package. Definitely #1 on my list. Unless money was no issue, then it would be the Talon Invader ($56k+) which is finally in production.......supposedly!
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We have them at the local dealer here. I do like the looks but what turned me to the spyder was getting in and out. I have metal knees and getting in one was hard because I cant bend then enough to slide under the steering wheel. Buy trying to get out was harder so i went with the spyder and am very glad i did. The spyder keeps that motorcycle fill but the slingshot is too much like a car.

Spyder Garage

Just looking at the picture of it is enough for me. Too much like a gaudy car. But something for someone is what makes the world turn.

Spyder Garage

Nope - no thank you - not for me. I saw one the other day on the road and wasn't impressed. I just don't get the appeal (granted many say that about our Spyders).

But hey, if that's what you want to spend your hard earned money on then who am I to tell you that you are wrong... Enjoy life!
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Spyder Garage

Will take one for a spin when available(though I guess not here in CT) just to see how it drives(not rides, it's a car for crying out loud!) but no interest in one. Looks like a kit car, and too unbalanced.

But if you like it, go for it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Howard1941 View Post
    The Slingshot can not be registered in Connecticut and Texas. I wonder how is Polaris going to make it eligible for registration in those two states?
    At the DC show, the Polaris rep noted that as a bike you can register it in certain states that allow residents of any state to register there, e.g. you can't yet register it in Maryland either, apparently, but Virginia lets anybody anywhere in the U.S. register in VA so that's what they're doing.

Unsure if either Texas or CT has an issue with out-of-state registrations, but if not, that's a simple solution, albeit a bit more paperwork perhaps.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!