Spyder Garage

Default Tie downs for enclosed v nose trailer

Ordering a trailer was wandering where to place d rings or maybe get the track system. Which is the best way to go

Spyder Garage

I don't have a single tie down on the floor of my enclosed trailer, and don't want any holes in it. In fact, I Rhino Lined the entire floor and ramp - I have an EZ Track strip at 6" and 48" off the floor on both sides. This allows me to strap the RT down and have a removable bed above it, and a removable shelf in the front. I can reconfigure the trailer for ATVs or whatever quickly.

If done properly, these have to be put in while the trailer is being built, as they are welded to each and every wall support - NOT screwed, riveted or bolted in place.

Tie down rings and 2x4 holders pop in/out, and can be placed anywhere you need them - the rings and holders are available at good RV shops and on FleaBay.

Let me know if you need any pics...
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 01-09-2015 at 10:40 AM.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

I have a v nose trailer with d rings but if I had it to do over I would put tracks down both side walls. D rings are there in one spot with tracks it make the trailer more versatile for hauling the Spyder or anything else because you are not limited to where you can strap something.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I don't have a single tie down on the floor of my enclosed trailer, and don't want any holes in it. In fact, I Rhino Lined the entire floor and ramp - I have an EZ Track strip at 6" and 48" off the floor on both sides. This allows me to strap the RT down and have a removable bed above it, and a removable shelf in the front. I can reconfigure the trailer for ATVs or whatever quickly.

If done properly, these have to be put in while the trailer is being built, as they are welded to each and every wall support - NOT screwed, riveted or bolted in place.

Tie down rings and 2x4 holders pop in/out, and can be placed anywhere you need them - the rings and holders are available at good RV shops and on FleaBay.

Let me know if you need any pics...
    I will be hauling my atv along with the spyder at times so maybe the Track is the way to go. I too am worried about having holes drilled in floor. How can strap pull down on front wheels being 6' off floor? may
    be send me a pic if its not to much trouble

thanks Gary

Spyder Garage

Gary, I'll grab some pics later today - I feel the EZ track system is the best option, by far for versatility and ease of use.

When tying down the Spyder, you don't need to "pull down" the bike is heavy - just a single strap through both front wheels, and one through the back for tension, does the trick. E-brake on, the bike never moves. With ATVs, I usually use the handle bar and rear grab bar, just like I would do in the back of my PU - the rings being 6" off the floor are not a problem in either case - and you have full flexibility fore and aft for hook placement.

I also recommend the upper strip as well. While you won't use it as much, being able to add a shelf or bed above your toys is a good thing.

BTW, I ordered the tallest trailer I could, so (1) I could stand up inside it, (2) allow me to sit up "in bed", and (3) (perhaps the most important) gives me a longer ramp and easier loading of my RT - it has never scraped loading.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 01-09-2015 at 11:49 AM.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Another thought - I carry a small bottle jack in my trailer, with a rotating head, and a square of plywood. I roll an ATV into the trailer, jack it up a bit, rotate 90 degrees, and drop it down. I only have a 12' trailer, and that's necessary to load my RT and Griz in the trailer, or Griz, Wolverine, and XL650....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Another thought - I carry a small bottle jack in my trailer, with a rotating head, and a square of plywood. I roll an ATV into the trailer, jack it up a bit, rotate 90 degrees, and drop it down. I only have a 12' trailer, and that's necessary to load my RT and Griz in the trailer, or Griz, Wolverine, and XL650....
    I need an 18' trailer to get my RZR 800 in with the Spyder. Ive been going back and forth on what size trailer to get. I'm thinking I wont be happy not having both toys. Other times the trailer will be too big say we decide to go across the country on a long trip with just the Spyder. I'm hauling with a class c motorhome.

Spyder Garage

I can't justify either a Commander or Rzr, so I don't have that problem... however, I recall the Rxr is only 72" long, so you could use a good floor jack to spin it sideways in a 7' or 8' wide trailer, and drop the cost a bit.. the "V" nose drops about 2' of usable interior space too. just a thought.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NO PIC OF THIS ....BUT IT'S PRETTY EASY TO FIGURE OUT

Quote Originally Posted by duke50 View Post
    I will be hauling my atv along with the spyder at times so maybe the Track is the way to go. I too am worried about having holes drilled in floor. How can strap pull down on front wheels being 6' off floor? may
    be send me a pic if its not to much trouble

thanks Gary
    Just put the strap ( rachet type ) over the tire................Then nothing touches the paint ,,no scuffs , no scratches etc........Mike ..............I use only one Heavy duty Rachet that has toothed cleats on it , over the rear tire............Spyder doesn't move ....even if you happen to tear the trailer from the tow vehicle ....Mike

Spyder Garage

I need an 18' trailer to get my RZR 800 in with the Spyder. Ive been going back and forth on what size trailer to get. I'm thinking I wont be happy not having both toys. Other times the trailer will be too big say we decide to go across the country on a long trip with just the Spyder. I'm hauling with a class c motorhome.
    mike( blueknight911) used the ratchet strap tie down on my 2012RTS-SE5 and it did not move, even thought my spyder was on a snowmobile trailer. Their were no scraps, scratch's on my spyder. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default I have this trailer on order

7'x18' enclosed so we can haul Darth & Psycho. The eTrac is spaced at 58" center to center. I have recessed D ringgs where you see the Xs.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

A V-Nose should already have the E-Channel in the nose. You really shouldn't need it anywhere else. Put a couple D-rings to the rear to keep the rear end from bouncing around and you should be good to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I have an enclosed 12 ft. long 8 ft wide wedge nose trailer. I use Pingle removable chocks that can be located in several spots to accomodate two full size motorcycles or two Quads or the Spyder with flush D-Rings in the floor. I only tie the two front wheels and the Spyder never moves, I can also haul two snowmobiles at a time. I also have racks for all my cloths etc. I had the trailer special made to get a 12 ft as I wanted as short a trailer as posible yet be able to accomodate all my toys. I also have an automatic loader that loads my boat and trailer on the roof and have two motor rack in the trailer. I have yet to figure out were to put the kitchen sink.
    Roger
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Spyder Garage

Ordering a trailer was wandering where to place d rings or maybe get the track system. Which is the best way to go
    Thanks to all for your ideas and suggestions on how to set up my new trailer for hauling .I placed my order today for an 18x7 Stealth Titan v nose trailer. I decided on the trac system on floor and walls. Welded in at factory $10.00 a ft installed OUCH!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for your ideas and suggestions on how to set up my new trailer for hauling .I placed my order today for an 18x7 Stealth Titan v nose trailer. I decided on the trac system on floor and walls. Welded in at factory $10.00 a ft installed OUCH!
    You will be able to safely haul anything you want!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Tie downs ?

Depends which manufacture of trailer, I just purchased a Haulmark v-nose passport trailer - Model PPT7X12DT2 [ make sure you try putting your spyder into the trailer before you purchase, my 2011 rt requires a 7' trailer, not because of rear door width but, because of the width of the ramp. ] My trailer has 4 tie down rings in each corner . My advice: Do not shop for price, as much as the options on the trailer and, the service the dealer provides !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I intend to use HD Tiedown Straps !