Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Angry Beware of KEWL METAL INC.

Stay away from kewlMetal do not even think about tring to buy parts from them., I ordered my parts on the 23rd of Nov. ,wanting them prior to Christmas, at the time of my order the site said it would take 7 to 10 days for processing so after 12 days and seeing that my order status was still “Processing” I e-mailed them asking for a update as to the status of my order. I waited a day and a half for a reply when none came I sent another e-mail asking for an update, still no reply, finally on day 18 they sent me an e-mail saying that there was a delay because of the item being back ordered but they said they should be able to ship it by the end of the week, this was on a Tuesday. Come Friday and still no shipping info, order still indicated “Processing” So by the end of the next week I e-mailed them and told them of my displeasure with their customer service and that I should at least get free shipping for having to wait this long? I received a replay the next day saying that they would give me free shipping and upgraded it to Express service so I would receive the item by Christmas, well Christmas has come and gone and still no parts, my order status still says “Processing” It took three e-mails to get a reply and then a further 2 to get a status, but still no parts. This companies Customer service and communications are atrocious and in my opinion No one should buy anything from them!

Spyder Garage

There have been some issues with their communication to the customer.

I can understand an item being backordered. Every company these days is trying to go lean and mean as far as stock keeping units go.

With the advent of the telephone, and may I say, even the internet, failure to communicate with the customer and leaving them hang indefinitely, is not an excusable event.

I would be looking at how bad I want part X.

Hope you get it solved satisfactory and soon.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

to be honest, i have never had a problem with them
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

have you tried or is the a phone number to reach them. Emails are no longer being watched that closely...text, facebook, twitter is the rage. But then again if you reach them by phone your liable to reach through and slap someone.. No exuse any company with decent service would have canceled abd asked that you reorder at another date....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

thanks for the heads up.. they are on my "don't do list".. too many good vendors to have to put up with that kind of BS... I went to their website... it states they are moving .. and will be closed to the public until Jan 5... but they are still processing orders..

osm
    Last edited by Orange Spyder Man; 01-08-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post
    thanks for the heads up.. they are on my "don't do list".. too many good vendors to have to put up with that kind of BS... I went to their website... it states they are moving .. and will be closed to the public until Jan 5... but they are still processing orders..

osm
    Good update information.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'd repost on Yelp*.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Angry My order was finaly shipped?

I receved a notice from FEDEX that my part was shipped, still no communication from KEWLMETAL, nor did I get the refind for shipping that they promosed! i had to file a complent with the BBB to get them off there ass and ship it to me. We will see if it was worth the wait?

[/QUOTE]

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Angry My order was finaly shipped?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Spyder Man View Post

osm
    They told me I would have the part by Christmas, they woulnt answer the phone or e-mail and still will not talk to me!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tgflatt View Post
    They told me I would have the part by Christmas, they woulnt answer the phone or e-mail and still will not talk to me!
    I dealt with them once and that was to many times.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Still no better

Wish I had read all the negatives before I ordered, my credit card was charged a week ago and my order still says processing and I called yesterday and got the new girl, said she couldn't find my order but took my number to have Hilda? (I think) call me back today. Guess I'll see, they have other products I like but think I'll pass now!

Spyder Garage

thanks for the heads up

Spyder Garage

Default update

Called again today and was told my risers are shipping today and I should be recieving tracking information today from FedEx Guess we'll see!

Spyder Garage

Default another update

Recieved my tracking info from FedEx saying it'll be here Friday but that was after 3 calls, but all calls were answered (well 3 out of 5)

Spyder Garage

How are they still a sponsor? I read nothing but bad things. Thankfully I haven't ordered anything from them.
    2014 Black RTS SE6
    2012 Black RS - Sold 7/24/2014
    2011 Sonata LTD

Spyder Garage

I ordered before I read all the bad about customer service but I needed the adjustable risers for my wife so I probably would've braved it anyway! Hope they are what she needs. But to be fair it still sounds better than other stories I've read! And I order a lot of bike parts for my other 2 bikes and they don't have the worst service I've dealt with but I also wasn't buying $350 parts either!

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

contact your credit card company... dispute the payment.. kudos for posting about their service.. eventually they will go the way of the dinosaur.. because of their ineptness..

osm

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brogers57 View Post
    How are they still a sponsor? I read nothing but bad things. Thankfully I haven't ordered anything from them.

Maybe because the check clears

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brogers57 View Post
    Are they still a sponsor?
    I don't see them on the home page anymore.

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Might have to add Tailgunner exhaust to the beware list also.Ordered a pipe April 10 and still got nothing.I call every other week and the nice guy on the phone keeps telling me its the plating company thats the problem Guy on phone says to stick it out as I will be very happy with the pipe when I get it

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

The Kewlmetal website if now a Phishing attack!! Beware

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    Maybe because the check clears
    I understand the statement as it certainly can be true. And I do not mean for this to be disparaging to you, what-so-ever. But I've know Lamont since the 80's and I can tell you that this is definitely not how he works. I do not expect everyone to know Lamont like I do. That is just not possible. And there are enough bad apples out there, to be sure. But I would stake my reputation (for whatever that is worth) on Lamont every time. And I do not say this lightly.

Have a great day everyone! It's the best way to get to tomorrow!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

The two that have commented on this thread are commenting on a thread that is 3 years old. Last comment was on 6-10-2015. Kewl Metal is long gone.

Spyder Garage

Yup! Circa 1/2015.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-23-2019 at 02:22 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red