Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Super Clamp Tiedowns

Is anyone using the Super Clamp Spyder Tie Downs as advertised on this site along with the BRP full travel cover? Does the combination work well together? Trailering the Spyder on an open trailer to Florida in a couple of weeks.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Have not used the super clamp on spyder but when I snowmobiled some guys used the snowmobile super clamp with great success.
    In the summer when my spyder RT sits outside I put the full trailering cover on. I have noticed that the cover around the the windshield fits loose even when the windshield is in the up position .
    You will need to add an extra tie down around the windshield area to keep the cover from flapping in the wind.
    The cover itself is well made. There is a soft inner liner to help with cover rash and adjustable straps to tighten the cover.
    I have not trailered my spyder with the cover on.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the Info. When I pulled snow machines we always added extra bungee cords to tighten up the covers. Was always amazed to see covers flopping in the breeze at 80mph.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    Is anyone using the Super Clamp Spyder Tie Downs as advertised on this site along with the BRP full travel cover? Does the combination work well together? Trailering the Spyder on an open trailer to Florida in a couple of weeks.
    I have an open 6x12 open trailer, I pull my 2014, when I travel I don't cover my Spyder with a cover because I don't want the cover to rub against the bike and maybe do damage to the Tupperware. Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mods= luggage rack, rear trunk shelf & Mirror

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TRAILERING

.....If you value the finish on your Spyder do not use a cover when trailering ..........There isn't one made that will not scratch the paint .......They all move , even at 35 MPH.............The Spyder is really an all weather vehicle ....water is not going to hurt it .......they are waterproof ...( DO NOT SUBMERGE )......AS FAR AS SECURING it to the trailer , I'm sure the Super Clamp works .....But my $ 20 Rachet strap with toothed cleats on it, will actually hold better..........If you want to know more PM me, I don't sell them , just know where to get them......................Mike .......Rachet ...E-Bay item # 291353953949, if the auction is over , just click on seller's other items you will find it again......
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 01-14-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Spyder Garage

I would not use a cover while trailering my Spyder, it won't hurt it to ride in the wind.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    I have the super clamp installed on enclosed trailer and it is great spyder sits rock solid ,cant move.
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade

Spyder Garage

Default Super Clamp

I use the super clamp in an open trailer and no cover until I am stopped to prevent abrasion damage. The super clamp works brilliantly.
    Loving the RYDE

Spyder Garage

I love the super clamp and I never used a cover when trailering.

Spyder Garage

Default Add me to the group

The Super Clamp is fantastic. I also use no cover. What is the difference in riding and in trailering? I do cover when stopped over-night.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The question was how does the cover fit with the Super Clamps, not weather to cover or not. Depending on the day, you can encounter a lot of SALT laden highways from Toledo Ohio to Florida. After giving it some thought I (we) decided to purchase a enclosed trailer for the trip and other uses.

In another thread a member posted that they found a 6ft wide enclosed trailer ( H & H trailers )(thank you for posting) with a ramp door that was wide enough for a Spyder to pass. The door cables are the narrowest point. So, after doing our due diligence we found that very few would let the Spyder pass. We settled on a Stealth 6 x 12 single axle All Aluminum enclosed trailer. 64" between the cables, Spyder 62" close but it will fit.

With the trailer weight at 1000 lbs and the Spyder weighing in at 1000 lbs we have a combined weight of 2000 lbs. This falls within the towing capabilities of most SUV's with out modification or trailer brakes. The 6 ft width helps with the rear view mirror issues.

I understand there are many other options out there but this worked for us.