Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Just a suggestion, while you have your dashboard off, paint your dashboard ( going from Analog to Digital) the same color of your spyder.

Go to Gallery,
    1. My Albums
    2. Look/click @ my pictures " Dashboard 14RTS-SE6 in Cognac"
    You will see the before/after picture of my dashboard.
    What a difference the painted dashboard makes.
    Deanna
    Your dashboard looks Sweet Deanna!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    Your dashboard looks Sweet Deanna!
    Thanks,Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

HOLY CRAP!

Did I get a lot of PM's today about my volt gauge. I got hoe from work and because of this post had 19 PM's!!!!!!

I guess posting my videos in the main forum rather than RT shop talk or DIY gets a crap load of more attention?

GUY and GALS... How about looking in some of the other forums! A wealth of info is in there!

Anyway I responded to everyone's PM's tonight which took like an hour!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I bet I know what volt gauge your getting

Bob

I was searching for the best deal I could find on that gauge and $23 was the cheapest I could find. Should be here in a week. Thanks again for the heads up on tge leds bleeding through the others.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

I put a Dual USB on one side and 12v on the other side.

Dash Power with GPS.jpg

JT

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post

Dash Power with GPS.jpg

JT
    Those look good! Where did you buy them from and do they just plug into the the plugs from the old guages?

Spyder Garage

I make and sell the adapters and wiring harnesses for the sockets. The USB can use the analog gauge back light circuit but the 12v must come from the battery. My signature has a link to my web store.

JT

Spyder Garage

Default Roger's App?

This is another "factoid" that should go in Roger's APP.

Roger.... You watching?

Bob
    As i am kinda new here i have two questions

1. Who is Roger?
    2. What is his APP?
    2016 RT-S SS Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    ...Unless alternator (I assume the Spyder uses one?) failures are common, battery voltage is really not a critical need to know when riding, other than a neat looking gauge...

Depends on the year. The 998 engines use a PMG which requires about 4k rpms to charge the battery which is why a lot of owners have had battery issues. The 2-fixes were use a battery tender daily and keep your rpms up! As I understand it, the new 1330 engines have reworked this flaw and eliminated the PMG system.

So adding a digital volt meter to the 998 engines of the RT is a good and smart option - IMHO.

Spyder Garage

ist a good place for my FIAT TomTom GPS .. better to see in the sun
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Default Yet another reason why iI love this site!

I screwed around for I don't know how long trying to find the electronic Fuel gauge on the digital display, then restorted to reading the manual (I know, should have started there) and found out there was no electronic fuel gauge if you had an analog one. Then I read this post yesterday, went home last night, did as the directions said, and voila! i have the gauges i wanted AND two locations for power ports I wanted to install.

You folks are awesome here, I never would have thought to remove the gauges to accomplish this.

Thanks much, Corey
    2016 RT-S SS Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post

Dash Power with GPS.jpg

JT
    I’ve only had my 2014 RT Sfor a few months and search the best I know how for your power port setup and have not had much luck. If you can get me headed in the right direction I sure would appreciate that. Thanks FN

Spyder Garage

Check JT's Spyder Shop. You will have to google it. www.spyderstore.com

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I realize that this thread is five years old, but somebody else brought it back from the dead and I happened to read it.
    I noticed that THIS question was never answered. Anybody able to provide a clue (or three)?
    This is another "factoid" that should go in Roger's APP.
    Roger.... You watching?
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreythebody View Post
    As i am kinda new here i have two questions
    1. Who is Roger?
    2. What is his APP?
    I'm kinda new here, too. If Roger has something that is rather informational, I'd like to see it, too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Yes, I realize that this thread is five years old, but somebody else brought it back from the dead and I happened to read it.
    I noticed that THIS question was never answered. Anybody able to provide a clue (or three)?

I'm kinda new here, too. If Roger has something that is rather informational, I'd like to see it, too.

Roger had a spyder app (spydercodes) that he developed and was good for all things Spyder. The app is no longer available, and Roger has left the site.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-11-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Roger had a spyder app (spydercodes) that he developed and was good for all things Spyder. The app is no more, and Roger has left the site.
    I still have my spydercodes app and it still works, but your right, can no longer get. and I miss Roger

Spyder Garage

Hey Cruzr Joe, I have a 2018 RT Limited. can my model be converted from an analog to a digital reading for fuel and temp?????? someone told me that it will not work on my particular model.. Please advise and thanks..

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU AND YOUR BRIDE!

big f

Spyder Garage

Hello Everyone, looking for suggestions. I am shopping for a Spyder but running into some obstacles because I need modifications done because I have a handicap and not able to use the foot break. A dealer told me that I would need to order the hand break part and find a mechanic to install. My other issue is the floor board, it needs to be wider and I was told they made the wider floor boards for the 2020 model. Any suggestions on what companies to contact and others that have run into this situation and how did you resolve it
    Thank you RTorres

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rtorres View Post
    Hello Everyone, looking for suggestions. I am shopping for a Spyder but running into some obstacles because I need modifications done because I have a handicap and not able to use the foot break. A dealer told me that I would need to order the hand break part and find a mechanic to install. My other issue is the floor board, it needs to be wider and I was told they made the wider floor boards for the 2020 model. Any suggestions on what companies to contact and others that have run into this situation and how did you resolve it
    Thank you RTorres
    ISCI for the handbrake.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    Hey Cruzr Joe, I have a 2018 RT Limited. can my model be converted from an analog to a digital reading for fuel and temp?????? someone told me that it will not work on my particular model.. Please advise and thanks..

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU AND YOUR BRIDE!

big f

PUT THE WHISKEY DOWN ......

You already have Digital

The 2018 is all digital, you could not get analog if you wanted it.

Happy Easter

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rtorres View Post
    Thank you RTorres
    Contact Spyderpops.com or LamonsterGarage.com for floorboards

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

LOL
    but I like my Jack Daniels!
    seriously, I guess i always thought when you say digital it is a number thing readout... are you saying the yellow half arc on the left side for gas is a digital gauge??
    BIG F

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

... are you saying the yellow half arc on the left side for gas is a digital gauge??
    Yep. When you have electronic blocks, lines, numbers, whatever to represent something, it's "digital".

Each of those lines or blocks is ON or OFF, which is a good indicator of it being digital.

Sometimes there are a LOT of thin lines together that make it look like a growing line or even a needle moving, but it's still "digital".

Spyder Garage

LOL
    but I like my Jack Daniels!
    seriously, I guess i always thought when you say digital it is a number thing readout... are you saying the yellow half arc on the left side for gas is a digital gauge??
    BIG F
    on the JD. I would call the yellow one analog...because of the needle. If I am wrong, let me know, I'll get me a hit of JD.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    on the JD. I would call the yellow one analog...because of the needle. If I am wrong, let me know, I'll get me a hit of JD.
    Still digital, analog would have some kind of needle arm or something that would move when you bounce the bike, digital wont move. (Besides that, i don't believe that you can have analog on a digital screen ???)

Cruzr Joe