Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Will do. The wife has already been looking at cameras to watch the dog on the back seat. She really wants a setup like Cincy (sp?) has.
    That might be a perfect spot to mount a rear facing camera view screen! Maybe look into not needed a RAM mount and just DIY something so it is deeper under the dash and out of the sun. Sounds like a great idea to give the wifey comfort about what's going on behind her!

Cant wait to see what you come up with there... I personally don't like the idea of having "electronics" out in the sun above the dash visor (sorry JT), especially those that have a LCD screen as they are super susceptible to heat and sunlight and can permanently "take out" the LCD screen if they were not design for that kind of environment which most consumer LCD screens are not!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    That might be a perfect spot to mount a rear facing camera view screen! Maybe look into not needed a RAM mount and just DIY something so it is deeper under the dash and out of the sun. Sounds like a great idea to give the wifey comfort about what's going on behind her!

Cant wait to see what you come up with there... I personally don't like the idea of having "electronics" out in the sun above the dash visor (sorry JT), especially those that have a LCD screen as they are super susceptible to heat and sunlight and can permanently "take out" the LCD screen if they were not design for that kind of environment which most consumer LCD screens are not!

Bob
    Thats gonna be a future project. Because if I do that she is gonna want a new dog....LOL
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Thats gonna be a future project. Because if I do that she is gonna want a new dog....LOL

Wait.... does that matter? "she" will get a new dog if she wants one... So sorry, I know from experience if you do it or not, that wont be the deciding factor!
    Sounds like a new dog is in your future if that is what "she" is thinking already

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Wait.... does that matter? "she" will get a new dog if she wants one... So sorry, I know from experience if you do it or not, that wont be the deciding factor!
    Sounds like a new dog is in your future if that is what "she" is thinking already

Bob
    Yep, we have been dogless for the past year. We are waiting for me to retire in 6 months. This way we will get settled in to where we move to and then get her a couple dogs. Believe me, she looks everyday. Internet isnt always a good thing.

Spyder Garage

Yep, we have been dogless for the past year. We are waiting for me to retire in 6 months. This way we will get settled in to where we move to and then get her a couple dogs. Believe me, she looks everyday. Internet isnt always a good thing.
    My wife is a cat person... I swing either way to be honest but I prefer dogs. Anyway my wife and I have been married 32 years now and we always had a cat. She loves them and to be honest, I love having animals dogs or cats. Our last cat died about 6 months ago and we have been without. We discussed and agreed "lets take a break from having animals for a while"..... BUT she is now loving a stray coming around the house now. FYI all our life we took in strays except one. I can see where this is going! But if it makes her happy... screw it... You only live once!

Cool thing is.. I don't have to worry about figuring out how to get a cat on a ride!
    They wont go for it!

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 01-16-2015 at 12:08 AM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

My wife is a cat person... I swing either way to be honest but I prefer dogs. Anyway my wife and I have been married 32 years now and we always had a cat. She loves them. Our last cat died about 6 months ago and we have been without. We discussed and agreed "lets take a break from having animals for a while"..... BUT she is now loving a stray coming around the house now. FYI all our life we took in strays except one. I can see where this is going! But if it makes her happy... screw it... You only live once!

Bob
    Lol, yep. If we had a stray ever show up I know we would end up keeping it.

Spyder Garage

M109Dreamer & Finless:

I think you two ought to get a room

( I gotta pick on somebody)

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Lol, yep. If we had a stray ever show up I know we would end up keeping it.
    Sounds like we have similar animal lover wives...

Can I just say this.... I never understood why people would want to take any animal on a ride yet I see this desire all the time.

This is a crazy question.... But why? What if the animal doesn't like it? Maybe it's stressful for them? I know dogs in general don't give a hoot and would go... but seems like a pain in the rear to me?

To be honest, I am not sure I would go through that for both US and the animal! It's suppose to be fun right?
    Is it fun for the animal? I think some should consider that!!!!!!

Maybe I am missing it and others that setup for taking the beloved animal can explain it to me. Is it YOU who insist the animal must go? Or is it that you cannot leave the animal with someone else while your gone?

Woa... this thread has gone in a different direction! But what the hell... Seems like almost all SL threads head off in some direction off topic anyway so.... why not

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 01-16-2015 at 12:20 AM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like we have similar animal lover wives...

Can I just say this.... I never understood why people would want to take any animal on a ride yet I see this desire all the time.

This is a crazy question.... But why? What if the animal doesn't like it? Maybe it's stressful for them? I know dogs in general don't give a hoot and would go... but seems like a pain in the rear to me?

To be honest, I am not sure I would go through that for both US and the animal! It's suppose to be fun right?
    Is it fun for the animal? I think some should consider that!!!!!!

Maybe I am missing it and others that setup for taking the beloved animal can explain it to me. Is it YOU who insist the animal must go? Or is it that you cannot leave the animal with someone else while your gone?

Woa... this thread has gone in a different direction! But what the hell... Seems like almost all SL threads head off in some direction off topic anyway so.... why not

Bob
    Lol, our last dog would run and wait next to the Spyder for a ride. We wont take the dog on rides outside the neighborhood. I dont like it, scares me, but the dog loved it. I think its more of the wind in the face....

And now back to our previously recorded show...LOL

Spyder Garage

Bob
    In our case, the dog lets us know that she wanted to ride too.

Several years ago, when I had a Goldwing, I was moving the bike to the back yard and our little dog got in front on the bike and would not move. So I picked her up and put her in front of me on the bike so I could get through the gate. She just settled right in.

After that, whenever we would go somewhere, she would watch us. If we got into the car she did nothing. If we went for the bike she would pitch a fit. So we took her on a short ride and she looks like she enjoys it. For those familiar with the Texas Hill Country, she has ridden all three sisters in one day. That is an all day ride for those who do not know about the Three Sisters.

We are Wingless now and we took her on the Spyder once but there is not as much space between rider and passenger on the Spyder, so the dog gets no more rides.

Spyder Garage

Received my gauge three days before it was to be here. Installed in about 10 minutes. Love it!
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

When I first got the gauge, I contacted the ebay seller to ask about the operation of it.

Their response is that if the warning light stays on all the time while reading normal voltage then the gauge is defective.

They are sending me another one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by machead View Post
    When I first got the gauge, I contacted the ebay seller to ask about the operation of it.

Their response is that if the warning light stays on all the time while reading normal voltage then the gauge is defective.

They are sending me another one.
    Interesting. Im installing mine tomorrow, I guess we will find out.

Spyder Garage

Well I just installed mine. I didnt hook the yellow wire up as otgers have. Its works except the "red" warning light stays on like others have stated.

I was thinking, could the yellow wire have something to do with the warning light staying on?

Spyder Garage

His new gauge the led will be on too. Yellow wire has nothing to do with it.

Been there done that.

Heck look at the eBay ad picture! Led is on!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Bumping this up due to about 10 PM's over the last few days asking me about it.

Seems people cannot find things if they are several pages back...

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

the ebay seller shows out of stock but I found the same gauge on Amazon at the same price(29,94) including shipping. i have one coming. I am thinking of putting USB power sources in the other gauge hole. Has anyone done this and are the water proof USB power ports out there?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    the ebay seller shows out of stock but I found the same gauge on Amazon at the same price(29,94) including shipping. i have one coming. I am thinking of putting USB power sources in the other gauge hole. Has anyone done this and are the water proof USB power ports out there?

JT Spyder store has them

Spyder Garage

Thank you
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 06-17-2015 at 05:17 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default woo hooo

Woo Hoo i did it, LMAO
    Thanks to Finless and CruzerJoe

Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    Woo Hoo i did it, LMAO
    Thanks to Finless and CruzerJoe

Looks Good.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

So what the clock? And how is it mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steel Black Metallic 2015 RTS-SE6 Limited ; FBB Highway Brackets/ gripper pegs. Gremlin bell. Bajaron sway bar, Elka stage 2 front shocks. Bumps kid with led lights, Ultimate seat tall boy seat. Trailer hitch. Freedom trailer.