Spyder Garage

Default Trip to Springfield, Mo from Florida

I am starting to plan my trip in April and want to make it fun, not a all out get there fast. What are some must see stops as I travel thru Alabama, Louisiana, Oklahoma to get there??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captainpaul View Post
    I am starting to plan my trip in April and want to make it fun, not a all out get there fast. What are some must see stops as I travel thru Alabama, Louisiana, Oklahoma to get there??

Florida to Missouri by way of Oklahoma? you probably zig when you should zag. , i am the worst person to plan a trip but even i would not go that route.

Unless that is a planned scenic route.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Stop to see the Battle Ship Alabama and sub.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

what route thru Louisiana are you planning to take ??

osm

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The beauty of that kind of trip is you aren't limited to the same route in each direction. If you take a route through Birmingham and on to Memphis, take some time in Memphis. Visit the Mississippi museum on Mud Island, and get some BBQ (I always preferred Gridley's to the Rendezvous, wet vs. dry rub). I lived there many years ago, so I am no expert on current attractions, but it's a great town to visit.

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default If you come through Birmingham

be SURE to spend a day at the Barber Motorsports Motorcycle Museum.... Best motorcycle museum in the WORLD.... one day is just barely enough.... The Honda Indy car races are also around that time of year.... if you can spare the weekend it is worth experiencing.
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Stop by ISCI in Montgomery for some farkles, the Barber museum is cool. Watch out for tornadoes in OK and AL too, it will be that time of year.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Take the turnpike north to I-75 n,from Ocala go north on I-75 to I-10 west to tallahassee then go north on 27 to Bainbridge,Ga head west on 84 to Dothen Al, then head north on 231 to Montgomery. From Montgomery head NW to Columbus,MS then go North on 45 to Tupelo,MS from take hwy 78 to Menphis,TN take I-240 west to I-55 North cross over into Arkansas stay on I 55 north to exit # 10 hwy 64 W Searcy,AR then head west on Hwy 36 W to Rose Bud,AR then go w on Hwy 124 tell you get to Hwy 65 take north to Springfield, MO. then you there.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

How much time are you allowing to go out there, and then again to come back?

Chris

Spyder Garage

If at all possible you should at least consider going through Arkansas. Some very nice scenery through that area. And while it was four lanes, 65 from Arkansas up to Springfield was very pretty. A good resource for roads to ride is motorcycleroads.com. And if you are at all interested in guns, the big Bass Pro shop in Springfield houses the NRA Sporting Arms museum.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Eureka Springs

My vote would be to include a day in Eureka Springs AR. Great little artsy town built on the side of a big hill. Great riding in that area and not far at all from Springfield. Have your walking shoes on and have $ ready for the parking meters! They are SERIOUS about their parking meters