Thread: dpss error code

Spyder Garage

Default dpss error code

I have a dpss error code light. How do I clear that it from my main readout screen on the bike. The power steering seems fine.

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to the forum..

...no reply as yet to your question? Wonder where the tech folks are?

My take on any error codes is an Authorized dealer with his/her handy dandy computer hooked up to your Spyder can read all the error codes stored and clear them all out. Don't know how else it can be done.

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Hang in there, someone knowledgeable will come along and help. The Holidays slowed everyone down and it takes a few days to get back in thegroove.

Or you could just PM Lamont and i am sure he can help.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larhue View Post
    I have a dpss error code light. How do I clear that it from my main readout screen on the bike. The power steering seems fine.
    If you just had a temporary "glitch", turning off the key and walking away from the bike (taking key with you) for awhile should clear the light.

If the code is active, (for the RT/ST models) press the mode, set and signal cancel buttons at the same time to display the code(s) in the display. You can get an explanation of them using the Spyder Codes app for smart phones. You cannot clear an active code.

Inactive codes are stored in the system and can only be seen/cleared by someone with BUDS.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture