Thread: Any one ridding

Spyder Garage

Default Any one ridding

in So OR?? I haven't seen any other spyders on my rides. I try and get in a couple of 100 milers a week as long as the snow/ice hold off.

Spyder Garage

Default Keep looking..!!

but don't stop ryding... check member list here for those that may be in your area. Non members abound as well.. From what I found there are 104 listed members running around your state...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hang in there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default trying to get ride in

I have been trying to get some riding in between the snow and ice storms here in Redmond Or

Spyder Garage

Default Nu2Spyder

Yep, rode the past three days and still loving it. Just saying...

Spyder Garage

Riding when the weather permits (stays in the garage when it's raining).. Mostly local, as we have a ton of nice hill roads around Canby - I can run Estacada to Detroit Lake to Sublimity then home in a nice 3-4 hour run...

Question tho:

I always try to avoid freeway travel, whenever I can - just too boring. So I'm looking at going from the Portland area, over to Bend, to K-Falls spend the night, then down toward Weed. It looks like I can avoid a stint on I5 by taking CH 12 to Harry Cash Rd to Lower Little Shasta Rd, into Montague, then HWY 3 to Yreka to HWY 283 to HWY 96 to HWY 299, then to Blue Lake. Have you been on that route? Good road? Fun??

The alternative seems to be going all the way to Weed, then North a bit on I5 to pick up Gazelle Callahan Rd, to HWY 3 to HWY 299, then on to Blue Lake - this one looks to be shorter, at about 6 hours. Have you been on this route??

These are planning stage SITR routes, so summer riding.. hot, rather than cold.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Riding when the weather permits (stays in the garage when it's raining).. Mostly local, as we have a ton of nice hill roads around Canby - I can run Estacada to Detroit Lake to Sublimity then home in a nice 3-4 hour run...

Question tho:

I always try to avoid freeway travel, whenever I can - just too boring. So I'm looking at going from the Portland area, over to Bend, to K-Falls spend the night, then down toward Weed. It looks like I can avoid a stint on I5 by taking CH 12 to Harry Cash Rd to Lower Little Shasta Rd, into Montague, then HWY 3 to Yreka to HWY 283 to HWY 96 to HWY 299, then to Blue Lake. Have you been on that route? Good road? Fun??

The alternative seems to be going all the way to Weed, then North a bit on I5 to pick up Gazelle Callahan Rd, to HWY 3 to HWY 299, then on to Blue Lake - this one looks to be shorter, at about 6 hours. Have you been on this route??

These are planning stage SITR routes, so summer riding.. hot, rather than cold.
    I have not been on those roads so can't give a 1st hand account. I did talk to a local biker yesterday and he said the following route from Klamath Falls to Yreka is a good ride. --- 97, W. Ball Mountain Rd, Harry Cash Rd, Lower Little Shasta Rd, (Montage) Montage Rd (3). I guess I will have to try this route if I can get away. Hope this helps. Gary C

Spyder Garage

Those of us up here can only plan to ride this time of year... It was 58F last night, but with 1/2" of rain... Up here that means steady all day and night rain, not an Eastern gully washer...

A destination is just that for me - it's the ride there and home that matters - in segments short enough to enjoy. The 600 miles a day stuff are for the boring bits, or better left to the folks in too much of a hurry to enjoy the trip.

BTW, that route does look good on Google Earth!
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Nice day for January - 43F by early afternoon, so it was off to try out my new sway bar and spring stiffeners. Both worked well, leaving both the driver and RT smelling sweaty! Must say that I'm really looking forward to some consistently nice weather, and glad we haven't seen a flake of snow this year.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default riders

It looks like I am less than a weekend rider, I feel like the people that you only see at church once a year.
    When it isn't snowing up here in Michigan I try to get my wife out with me. I had a stroke a few years ago
    which took out the vision in my left eye. Bluebird is currently garaged behind my house. I have a 2012
    left-over and drove her up to Michigan last year. I bought the RT-622 too.
    Rob Harris, USN, ret
    Thank you all of our future, present and former military for your service throughout the world.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Those of us up here can only plan to ride this time of year... It was 58F last night, but with 1/2" of rain... Up here that means steady all day and night rain, not an Eastern gully washer...

A destination is just that for me - it's the ride there and home that matters - in segments short enough to enjoy. The 600 miles a day stuff are for the boring bits, or better left to the folks in too much of a hurry to enjoy the trip.

BTW, that route does look good on Google Earth!
    I agree that it more the ride than the destination most of the time. I still do the Hwy5 grind to Hillsboro to see my daughter a few times a year, but prefer to set GPS to avoid Hwys and see the back roads. In my younger 2 wheel days I did a number of iron-butt and baby-butt rides. Perhaps I will see you at the redwoods run.

Spyder Garage

You are kind of stuck in Grants Pass - either over to the coast or up 62 and cross the mountains twice (I DO like the latter). If it were me, I would hit 97 to 58, then go 99W all the way to Hillsboro...

Nest time you're up here, give me a shout & we'll do lunch..
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member