Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT Side Panel Question

Today, after I was done installing my smoothspyder tensioner on my 2014 RT-S, and ready to put back on the tupperware, I noticed that the upper left side panel, the panel that contains four working screws (two under the side mirror and two elsewhere) and two "chrome plated" fake ones that push or snap in, had an issue. Those two chrome push or snap in screws were both broken, on the back side, probably by me trying to pry the tupperware off. So then I did some searching on SL for what those chromed "fake" screws were called, and how to get some replacements, so my panel will seat properly and not flop around. My apologizes in advance but I don't know what those things are called and I need to replace them... Please help!

Spyder Garage

Default Look in the Parts Manual

To the best I can determine, you need several parts to complete the two fitment devices Look on the parts list for Numbers 74, 148 246 and 272 (not the part numbers). Verify these with a dealer's parts guy. Just a marginally educated guess.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks guys

It appears as if it is identifier 272 and 74... The parts that I need. Although it's only the plastic knob and shaft that protrudes through the back side of the side panel, which should be 272. Thanks for the help... Quick responses and very helpful.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You might temporarily use plastic push pins. They are used to hold plastic body panels on cars. Not sure what they are called. I call them Christmas trees and any parts store will sell an assortment of them. That would hold into the rubber receiver. Not sure what size you would need, but you could dry fit without the panel on to find the diameter and depth you need.

Spyder Garage

The chrome side screws with the security torx heads are not fake screws. They are real screws used to hold the push tabs that go into the lower body panel. If you broke the tabs, you only need that part, remove the screw and replace the tab. The reason they are security Torx rather than standard like the rest of the fasteners is so you remember NOT to remove them when taking the panels off.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You can pick up those torx bits with the center hole in them at most hardware stores, I found a set at tractor supply.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I always carry velcro with me with an adhesive back just in case I am on tour and lose one the grommets that hold the side panels on.
    The velcro saved me when I was on a tour and lost a grommet on a side panel and could not get a replacement grommet so I used the velcro in place of the gromet until I could get a replacement.
    I gave my spare grommets to so other spyder ryders that lost their grommets.

Spyder Garage

The item description and part numbers are :-
    1. Bouton A Angle Knob
    Part # C705003746
    2. Bouton Knob
    Part # C705003842

These are the plastic parts that torx screws with dome in the centre screw into and push into rubber grommets fitted to frame.

Well these are what I ordered to obtain the parts you seem to be describing.

Hope this has been of assistance. Cheers from Australia.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk