Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Ride Report - Laser Alignment and BajaRon anti-sway bar

We took the Fat White Chick to Central FL Powersports in Kissimmee for a laser alignment. While it was there I asked them to install the BajaRon anti-sway bar, since I don't have the capability to raise the FWC far enough above my garage floor to install it.

We stayed up in that area an extra night, so we did a short ride to dinner. I was encouraged that the bike didn't seem as twitchy as before the install.

Today we rode home, using FL-92 and 17, in the rain. I can really tell the difference, The bike doesn't seem to hunt around inside its lane anymore, and it is much less sensitive to car and truck turbulence. FL roads tend to be slick this time of year when it rains, and I didn't feel any slipping or sliding due to turbulence. The ABS worked when I had to stop quickly a couple of times for quick red lights and stupid drivers.

An attaboy to Central FL Powersports. I dropped the bike promptly at 9 AM, and as noon approached I asked about the status. They said the tech was not satisfied with the first laser alignment when he test drove it, so they did it a second time. They also told me to bring it back if I am not satisfied with the tracking over the next couple of months. Can't complain about that level of service.

I also asked if a laser alignment has to be done again anytime in the future. I was told no, unless the bike hits anything or impacts a big pothole or anything like that. I hadn't seen that comment on the forum, so I will add it here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post

I also asked if a laser alignment has to be done again anytime in the future. I was told no, unless the bike hits anything or impacts a big pothole or anything like that. I hadn't seen that comment on the forum, so I will add it here.
    That was mentioned previously; but, that is always good to reinforce it because of the new members, and others that may have missed it.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LAZER ALIGNMENT

The Tech didn't think He aligned it correctly after a TEST drive !!!!!!.........I will admit I'm not an Expert on LAZER ALIGNMENT , however I have observed it being done ( start to finish ) a few times. Soooooooooo I have a concern that the TECH was not familiar with HOW TO DO IT ( may be He was learning on your's ) . I say this because the ROLO system leaves no room for error that I can see ......It's either right or wrong .......somewhat or almost = wrong .........JMHO.....Mike

Spyder Garage

I got my 14RTS-SE6 spyder laser Alignment done, I can not tell/or feel the difference. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    The Tech didn't think He aligned it correctly after a TEST drive !!!!!!.........I will admit I'm not an Expert on LAZER ALIGNMENT , however I have observed it being done ( start to finish ) a few times. Soooooooooo I have a concern that the TECH was not familiar with HOW TO DO IT ( may be He was learning on your's ) . I say this because the ROLO system leaves no room for error that I can see ......It's either right or wrong .......somewhat or almost = wrong .........JMHO.....Mike
    I would put CFP's staff up against any and all. I guaranty they weren't "learning" on this one. Just be glad they test drove and wanted to make it right for you. Keep up the good work Jason, Justin, Charles and crew.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Some Spyders (a very few from the feedback I get from the 'Pro's') do not respond as they should to the standard laser alignment parameters. There are idiosyncrasies from Spyder to Spyder with caster/camber (which cannot be adjusted). A good Laser alignment tech will detect this and knows how to make adjustments to the toe-in/toe-out settings to compensate.

Instead of being concerned, I am encouraged that Central Florida PS has a tech that goes beyond the 'One Setting Fits All' numbers to achieve a correct alignment in those Spyders which need it.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 12-30-2014 at 10:12 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Concur

The process is one thing. Each bike has minor differences, and I think it is great that the tech did it again! I don't release them until I am happy, either! Fussy? Yep. How we roll.....
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Wether he's learning on his or not, you're giving him a hard time because he wants to do it right