Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, please enlighten us!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default oil change interval & type

My new F3S Spyder with the 'wonderful' 1330 engine has the first oil change & service at 3,000 miles & the second service at 9,300 miles
    so you can see that they don't suggest a 9,000 mi interval. What I'm not sure of is the type of oil, blended or full synthetic, that it comes
    with or that you should continue to use. Also, Is it true that you shouldn't mix the two - what if I need to just add a little=what type??

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS MEETS AND /OR EXCEEDS ALL BRP REQUIREMENTS

Quote Originally Posted by DB Dan View Post
    My new F3S Spyder with the 'wonderful' 1330 engine has the first oil change & service at 3,000 miles & the second service at 9,300 miles
    so you can see that they don't suggest a 9,000 mi interval. What I'm not sure of is the type of oil, blended or full synthetic, that it comes
    with or that you should continue to use. Also, Is it true that you shouldn't mix the two - what if I need to just add a little=what type??
    DB, I also have the 1330 Ace engine and use the Rotella T-6.... 5w-40 Full Synthetic...$ 22.40 per Gal. @ Walmart ( DO NOT USE THIS IN THE 998 engine ).....I don't know what the F-3 servicing TIME requirements are , but even with Synthetic I wouldn't go more than 5,000 miles without changing it .....Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-18-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 9,300 oil change

Quote Originally Posted by DB Dan View Post
    BRPcare
    • Also, much confusion about oil change interval---after the initial break in service at 3000 miles, is the next oil change done at 9300 miles or 12,300 miles??

From the operation's guide, the break in for service is 3000 miles. Other maintenance intervals are every 9300 MI or 1 year - whichever comes first. In other words, the first time the unit has its service done the unit will have 3000 miles. Then, the first regular maintenance + next oil change will be at 12300 miles (9300 miles after the initial service). Afterwards, every 9300 miles should continue to be the norm.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Last edited by BRPcare; 10-14-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    Steven M.
    Customer Satisfaction, Social Media / Dealer Tech Support Team Lead
    BRP

Follow us on Twitter @BRPCare

Spyder Garage

Last word ?

4,100 views of the LAST word ?
    I'm sure glad we got that one resolved.

Is there a last word on tires ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 4 what it's worth

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default accidental dislike

Sorry 2dogs, accidently hit dislike when going for thanks button. New to site, don't know how to undislike something.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ACE1330 View Post
    Sorry 2dogs, accidently hit dislike when going for thanks button. New to site, don't know how to undislike something.
    OK....

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS OIL VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Nice (?) video , But I hope everybody realizes that the oil they are wowing about is not the OIL you get when you ask for the " oil & filter kits " at the dealer.......That oil is BLENDED OIL.........................NOT " FULL SYNTHETIC " which is what they show you in that video and state is tested to the MAX.......they say nothing about the BLENDED OIL ................WHY ???????................think about it ......Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool Apologize for wrong info

I stand corrected & apologize for interpreting the manual info reg oil change interval incorrectly.. per the manual & my servicing dealer it does appear to suggest changing oil at 9,300 mi intervals after the initial 3000 mi change...<***>...So Sorry!

Spyder Garage

Default Lab test of Motul 7100

Just got a report and the details can be found here if you're interested: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...l_#Post3688507

In short, Motul viscosity had dropped down into the 30W zone so I changed it out with Mobil 1 to give it a try. So far, of the various oils I've tested, Amsoil has the edge. When I run out of Lab test bottles, I'll go back to using Amsoil as my preferred oil.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Just got a report and the details can be found here if you're interested: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...l_#Post3688507

In short, Motul viscosity had dropped down into the 30W zone so I changed it out with Mobil 1 to give it a try. So far, of the various oils I've tested, Amsoil has the edge. When I run out of Lab test bottles, I'll go back to using Amsoil as my preferred oil.
    Thanks for posting. Always interesting to see actual factual data.

I am so glad that we no longer need to waste any more time or energy on this subject since we've come to ... 'The Final Word on 1330 Oil Changes'.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...